Black Footwear?

floridays

Well now. That adds a whole other layer of ambiguity. Preferred doesn’t equal required.
Show your boss your shoes, ask him if he's gonna bust yer balls if you wear them. If yes don't, if no try and push the line further next time.
The way you think, do you ever have time to deliver a package?:lol::thumbup1: just a poke to the ribs, you don't know me and my childishness.

SmithBarney

I prefer black socks, only because they don't show dirt like the white ones, all my white socks look horrible at the end of day, and after a while they don't clean up well anymore.

Oldfart

Yes. There's actually a percentage, like 90% black that allows for some grey/reflective spots. Your station can fail an audit if there are people in non-compliance. Socks are supposed to be all black too, e.g., no nike or under armour logo, but that's rarely enforced.
White socks are allowed. There is a uniform poster that stations are supposed to hang up and it says that. At our last audit, the auditor stopped me and told me I was out of compliance because of my white socks. I told her she was mistaken and asked if the ladies room had the same poster the men's room had. She wasn't sure so I held the men's room door open so she could read the poster. She told me the poster was wrong and tried to count it against the station. My SM made a call and the auditor had to eat her words.

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

Show your boss your shoes, ask him if he's gonna bust yer balls if you wear them. If yes don't, if no try and push the line further next time.
The way you think, do you ever have time to deliver a package?:lol::thumbup1: just a poke to the ribs, you don't know me and my childishness.

I know. Good thing I mostly do pickups.

Maui

Black shoes:required
Black socks: preferred
White socks:allowed

Socks should cover the ankle and/or extend one inch past the top of the shoe.

How many customers card though?

!Retired!

Yes, but the paper tacked on our wall showing different styles of acceptable/non acceptable dress says black is preferred.
Almost 19 years, I don't recall EVER wearing black socks. I was called out on Walmart boots I had though. They have some yellow in them. Nothing a black marker couldn't fix. I didn't care, the company paid for them.

McFeely

Huge Member
uniforms.jpg

Not sure if there is an updated version of this flyer for stations with the current uniforms or not.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I see people wearing shorts around here that are so long I think “what’s the point?, might just as well be wearing pants.”