Black Friday 2016

Is Black Friday a Holiday for Package Handlers (Off Time)

• Total voters

Tony G.

For this year Black Friday, November 25 (friday right after thanksgiving) is that an holiday off for UPS package handlers? I have an important trip to go to that weekend and was curious if that was off since time requested is usually put on hold during the holiday season. Thanks

km3

For this year Black Friday, November 25 (friday right after thanksgiving) is that an holiday off for UPS package handlers? I have an important trip to go to that weekend and was curious if that was off since time requested is usually put on hold during the holiday season. Thanks

Just call-in, instead. Did it last year. Didn't hear crap about it.

Not having the money to visit my extended family this particular Thanksgiving weekend, I'm gonna work it for the double time. And thanks to the Central supplement, my guarantee for a holiday is actually 4 hours, not 3.5.

Tony G.

I'm a fairly new employee so calling out wont be an option. I will just have to go in, I was just curious because I heard over the past several years that it Black Friday was accounted for as an holiday, and I was also curious due to the fact that its on a friday and not a real set week work schedule.

over9five

Staff member
I'm a fairly new employee so calling out wont be an option. I will just have to go in, I was just curious because I heard over the past several years that it Black Friday was accounted for as an holiday, and I was also curious due to the fact that its on a friday and not a real set week work schedule.

Admire your work ethic. Nice job!

km3

Contractually, it's still a holiday. Probably won't be for much longer, unfortunately.

In your situation, showing up would be best.

MC0493

It's an option day for us drivers in 177. But at this point the dm is pretty much begging us to come in as he claims that following Monday will be peak day and they want to alleviate work Friday.

PT Car Washer

As a PT package handler you will most likely not be working. Depending on which sort you work only high seniority people will work because of the premium pay. If you have less then a year in you will not receive Holiday pay either, just an unpaid two days off.