Black Lives Matter? Statistics Show That They Do.....

armyvet

So are you arguing that the clear disparities in results of the black community compared to whites is entirely the failure of black people? There really isn’t another option. Either there is systemic institutional racism adversely affecting blacks or blacks are just not hard working enough as a people.
I am not arguing anything, I am saying in my experience I seen successful people. No matter what color. I did say the statistics might be true. I just have not seen it personally. I might be an exception to the rule since I am ex military. We all received the same training kill em all let god sort em out..not you cant kill as good as me I am white.

It will be fine

I am not arguing anything, I am saying in my experience I seen successful people. No matter what color. I did say the statistics might be true. I just have not seen it personally. I might be an exception to the rule since I am ex military. We all received the same training kill em all let god sort em out..not you cant kill as good as me I am white.
Individual results may vary. People here are arguing that systemic racism doesn’t exist. Your point is in support of such a notion. The reality is much different, systemic rasicm does exist, the results can be objectively measured. Your anecdotes only serve to muddy the waters of objective reality.

armyvet

Individual results may vary. People here are arguing that systemic racism doesn’t exist. Your point is in support of such a notion. The reality is much different, systemic rasicm does exist, the results can be objectively measured. Your anecdotes only serve to muddy the waters of objective reality.
I have no intentions of supporting other peoples point of views either way. I am merely sharing my experience. Racism is real. I just don't think its as dominate as your making it out to be. Maybe in certain areas? Racism is also slung both ways. Why is it just about BLM? Racism is wrong no matter who its directed to. I think we can agree on that. Do you advocate for BLM? Actually go out and stand against it or just discuss it here?

armyvet

I have no intentions of supporting other peoples point of views either way. I am merely sharing my experience. Racism is real. I just don't think its as dominate as your making it out to be. Maybe in certain areas? Racism is also slung both ways. Why is it just about BLM? Racism is wrong no matter who its directed to. I think we can agree on that. Do you advocate for BLM? Actually go out and stand against it or just discuss it here?
Sorry typo...stand against racism

vantexan

So are you arguing that the clear disparities in results of the black community compared to whites is entirely the failure of black people? There really isn’t another option. Either there is systemic institutional racism adversely affecting blacks or blacks are just not hard working enough as a people.
Oh no, white liberals had a huge hand in the predicament many blacks find themselves in. Instead of putting all the blame on conservative whites with the obvious goal of throwing more money at every problem, you should be pointing to the success of many blacks who worked hard and succeeded. Unfortunately with a complicit Press there will most likely be a change in Congress this Fall and we'll see more money thrown away by politicians who most likely are skimming off the top.

wayfair

swollen member

Iwbf doesn't leave his keyboard...

armyvet

Oh no, white liberals had a huge hand in the predicament many blacks find themselves in. Instead of putting all the blame on conservative whites with the obvious goal of throwing more money at every problem, you should be pointing to the success of many blacks who worked hard and succeeded. Unfortunately with a complicit Press there will most likely be a change in Congress this Fall and we'll see more money thrown away by politicians who most likely are skimming off the top.
Your reply kind of reminds me of my old boss who owned the lighting company (black conservative). He told us he came from the hood. He refused to let society's blame game to stop him from accomplishing what he wants. He didn't have a father and yet he has done extremely well for himself. And he is passing it along to his children. Just one tough SOB and I have the up most respect for him. The real life experience is what I try to go by. Its hard to tell what to believe anymore. There is a million statistics out and the press sucks. According to Trump African American unemployment is at a all time low..if you read about it here it seems like African Americans don't have a chance in hell. Its mind boggling to try to figure out what is going on.

vantexan

Your reply kind of reminds me of my old boss who owned the lighting company (black conservative). He told us he came from the hood. He refused to let society's blame game to stop him from accomplishing what he wants. He didn't have a father and yet he has done extremely well for himself. And he is passing it along to his children. Just one tough SOB and I have the up most respect for him. The real life experience is what I try to go by. Its hard to tell what to believe anymore. There is a million statistics out and the press sucks. According to Trump African American unemployment is at a all time low..if you read about it here it seems like African Americans don't have a chance in hell. Its mind boggling to try to figure out what is going on.
A lot of agendas out there. One of the biggest is putting fear into people what white racists will do to them if they don't vote Democrat. I've worked for good black bosses too. And attended church with blacks I consider family. It really bothers me how we're characterized by some.

armyvet

A lot of agendas out there. One of the biggest is putting fear into people what white racists will do to them if they don't vote Democrat. I've worked for good black bosses too. And attended church with blacks I consider family. It really bothers me how we're characterized by some.
Agreed, its almost like they expect us to be ashamed of being white. Democrats cause more segregation than anyone else. I know America is not perfect and there probably some :censored2:s in our country that are racist, but I feel like they are a dying breed. If not I am hopeful they are dying out.

refineryworker05

Again with the revisionism. The wonderful thing about today's technology is it's everywhere. I've seen BLM leaders call for the killing of cops, and in several places blacks took them up on it. And again trying to twist things. YOU say there's this bedrock belief but you have it wrong. If I were the racist you believe I am then why is it that if Allen West or Condoleeza Rice ran for president I would vote for them? And would've voted for them over all the Republican candidates in the 2016 field save one, who wasn't Trump by the way. Why is it that I think Nelson Mandela was one of the greatest leaders ever? You are too poisoned with your view of the white race and make no allowances for exceptions to your orthodoxy. The world is too complicated with shades of gray to be boiled to just black and white, no pun intended.

The reality is you have no idea who the leaders or founders of blm are, so why pretend what you don't actually know?

BLM leadership has never called for the killing of police.
There is a long tradition of blaming violence on civil rights organizations and civil rights leaders to discredit their cause.

Again, the same people who said MLK was anti- cop and promoted violence had their fraudulent reasons for their beliefs as well.

The belief in collective black racial failure is a bedrock belief of white supremacy and black inferiority.

Every single racist fundamentally believes that black people are collectively deficient in some manner. Again, it is how inequality and racism gets justified.

We take American social issues and transform them into evidence of collective black racial dysfunction like we have done since the beginning to justify and excuse gigantic racial disparities.

The stated belief "Oh racism isn't the issue there is something collectively wrong within the black race", is an old time American racism.

refineryworker05

80% of American history? Better add your numbers again. You put out a lot of B.S. but let's see you back those numbers up.

Yeah, America was founded in 1783 or so, and black people were facing legal discrimination all the way up to the 1970. Do the math. It is 2018 that's 235years of this nation's existence.
Ending legalized racism by 1970 is 187years of this nation's existence.

187/235 is .7957 times 100= 79.57% of this nation's existence.

I could have chosen 1776 as the year of the nation's founding, but they still had to win the war.
1783 was the year the war ended and the British recognized American independence, so that's why I chose that year. You could pick other years like 1788 or 1789 but that doesn't change my point at all.

Last edited:

refineryworker05

I must be blind or slow when it comes to statistics...I have shared fox holes with every race you can think of. Same pay rate..same nasty ass MRE's...same mission. My last room mate actually got promoted before me and he was black, but not because he was black..because he busted his ass and made sure he got promoted. Just a bad-ass GI. When I got out the first job I landed was with a great guy who owned his own lighting company. Yes..another black guy. He worked his ass off and made something for himself. You can throw statistics around, and probably most of it could be true..but my experience..RL experience not a study, you can be successful no matter who you are. Put the dam work in and stop expecting everything handed to you. Only segregation I see is between the gimme and I went out an got it. As far as BLM I served so they can voice their opinion. The right to point out injustice. I just don't know anyone in my small circle that actually joins in with it..they are to busy working.

Smh, there are millions upon millions of people in this nation. You haven't seen or meet 99.999% of them, so why are you talking about you being blind as if you can personally observe racial disparities in this huge nation with hundreds of millions of Americans? If you have not looked at the data about this topic, then what is the point? Why even have an opinion?

The rest of your post is wholly irrelevant to anything I posted about gigantic across the board racial disparities based on measured data. I just don't know how saying you have black friends has anything to do with that topic on any level. Smh.

vantexan

Yeah, America was founded in 1783 or so, and black people were facing legal discrimination all the way up to the 1970. Do the math. It is 2018 that's 235years of this nation's existence.
Ending legalized racism by 1970 is 187years of this nation's existence.

187/235 is .7957 times 100= 79.57% of this nation's existence.

I could have chosen 1776 as the year of the nation's founding, but they still had to win the war.
1783 was the year the war ended and the British recognized American independence, so that's why I chose that year. You could pick other years like 1788 or 1789 but that doesn't change my point at all.
Your point is wrong because you said Blacks weren't considered, have to go back and look at the wording, complete human beings or some such for 80% of our history. That's a ridiculous assertion.

vantexan

Smh, there are millions upon millions of people in this nation. You haven't seen or meet 99.999% of them, so why are you talking about you being blind as if you can personally observe racial disparities in this huge nation with hundreds of millions of Americans? If you have not looked at the data about this topic, then what is the point? Why even have an opinion?

The rest of your post is wholly irrelevant to anything I posted about gigantic across the board racial disparities based on measured data. I just don't know how saying you have black friends has anything to do with that topic on any level. Smh.
Well that just begs the question have you seen all these white racist Republicans you claim we all are? Nope, but doesn't stop you from claiming it.

vantexan

The reality is you have no idea who the leaders or founders of blm are, so why pretend what you don't actually know?

BLM leadership has never called for the killing of police.
There is a long tradition of blaming violence on civil rights organizations and civil rights leaders to discredit their cause.

Again, the same people who said MLK was anti- cop and promoted violence had their fraudulent reasons for their beliefs as well.

The belief in collective black racial failure is a bedrock belief of white supremacy and black inferiority.

Every single racist fundamentally believes that black people are collectively deficient in some manner. Again, it is how inequality and racism gets justified.

We take American social issues and transform them into evidence of collective black racial dysfunction like we have done since the beginning to justify and excuse gigantic racial disparities.

The stated belief "Oh racism isn't the issue there is something collectively wrong within the black race", is an old time American racism.
What I do know is at a number of marches and rallies they were chanting about killing cops in unison. I'll just take it on faith that their leadership was leading the chorus.