Blizzard

Purplepackage

Did one of those go out today for our region as well? I was off today so I'm going in at my scheduled time tomorrow.

No I was just referring to my old station back east. We used to get nailed up there and they always assumed if they made the start time 10am people would actually show up to work

MassWineGuy

I sure expect my station just north of Boston to close. Today was the heaviest freight day I've ever had. I had a van and when I cleared you couldn't fit a piece of paper back there.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
jjry4n.jpg

Going to drop a lot of white stuff.
Occasionally you actually post something that is funny.

Purplepackage

My buddy back home just texted me saying they suspended AM operations and told them to check back at noon for the status of the PM lol

In a station that only has 3 real pm pup routes I'd like to know what that even means

robdabanks

We have off, less than 10 trailers showed up bc of the travel banned on the highways, plus no workers showed up for the sort. The rest of the week should be a mess!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Got a text at 0400, don't come in but over slept anyways. Trailers couldn't traverse the 4 hours of sleet and ice during the twilight that slammed 3/4 of my state. I'm still hearing the pellets bounce off my windows at 1100... good call to stop operations

Snow, I can deal with butt ice... meh

BootsOnTarmac

My apologies for calling out. Way too many hours on the tarmac dealing with late planes, snow, glare ice and no shows. Remember everyone: BE SAFE. Don't let late trucks, planes, Managers, delivery commitments, etc., persuade you to work unsafe in any manor. Take the time to keep 3 points of contact when getting in, out, off, on, any vehicles and equipment.
I saw too many employees on the ramp make complete falls slipping on ice during overnight operations.

Star B

White Lightening
My buddy back home just texted me saying they suspended AM operations and told them to check back at noon for the status of the PM lol

In a station that only has 3 real pm pup routes I'd like to know what that even means
it means they'll run the PM pup operation and be giving whatever pup drivers deliveries also.

I mean, that's what they did for us when they called off the AM

STFXG

That is why in the rural parts of this map you simply have got to have some type of off road capability. But try to get that city minded company you understand that contrary to their long standing belief the whole world is NOT one great big city. So break out if you have them your Quigley's your deuce and a halfs your F250's with a cap on the back and go to work. If your managers object telling you to use company speced vehicles just tell them ...it's either this or you're coming along to get out and push .
Wut? I run rural routes in the mountains. We just shut down if the weather is bad. I get a dirty look every time I shut down operations and just give the peace sign as we head for breakfast. If it can't be done without chains or 4x4 it can wait.

Sparky

All operations were shut down in my station, I guess they didn't want to pay for as many tows as they did for the last storm.

Purplepackage

My apologies for calling out. Way too many hours on the tarmac dealing with late planes, snow, glare ice and no shows. Remember everyone: BE SAFE. Don't let late trucks, planes, Managers, delivery commitments, etc., persuade you to work unsafe in any manor. Take the time to keep 3 points of contact when getting in, out, off, on, any vehicles and equipment.
I saw too many employees on the ramp make complete falls slipping on ice during overnight operations.

All the stations that shut down are bound to get slammed with freight tomorrow, considering half of the areas that were supposed to get crippling snow got rain, all that extra outbound is now waiting for you