BLM means WHAT ????

newfie

What is odd about these BLM debates, is that BLM has already "won", in that in 20yrs people will look back on the BLM movement as standing for the best of America and seeking to make America better. I know the people who don't like BLM can't see that, but I can assure them, that the people that hated the civil rights movement in the 1960's didn't think they'd be viewed as American hero's either.

BLM is by far and I posted this years ago on this very website, the most successful civil rights movement in 50yrs and its not even close.

they need to rename theirselves to Some Black Lives Matter If There is a Political Gain . Its a bit wordy but the movement they have created needs to adequately defined.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So the Mayor of NYC did not apply for a permit to paint the street with BLM, but others got arrested for defacing it.
I can't wait for those court cases to get thrown out.

refineryworker05

they need to rename theirselves to Some Black Lives Matter If There is a Political Gain . Its a bit wordy but the movement they have created needs to adequately defined.
The name of their political movement is ingenious. It is very difficult for anyone to say black lives don’t matter. And Blm as a political movement, and I posted this a few years ago, is the most successful civil rights movement in at least 50years. They will be remembered as such. Again the people who are against Blm can’t see it, but the organization has already won.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Newly released body camera footage of George Floyd's arrest shows Floyd resists sitting in the car, telling officers that he is claustrophobic. He also says the fateful words, “I can’t breathe,” before he is on the ground and before anyone is seen applying pressure to his neck.
An autopsy showed “signs of fentanyl, methamphetamine and THC — the ingredient that produces marijuana’s high — in Floyd’s body .

refineryworker05

Successful at helping get President Trump elected again.
they have successfully convinced the majority of this nation that black Americans experience racist mistreatment from the police look at the polls. They have gotten police reform legislation passed in certain places in America, they have gotten some of the largest corporations and sports leagues and richest individuals to pledge millions of dollars to deal with this issue, and they changed the whole discussion on how the police interacts with the public. Again without question, BLM historically will be viewed as an extremely successful movement.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Newly released body camera footage of George Floyd's arrest shows Floyd resists sitting in the car, telling officers that he is claustrophobic. He also says the fateful words, “I can’t breathe,” before he is on the ground and before anyone is seen applying pressure to his neck.
An autopsy showed “signs of fentanyl, methamphetamine and THC — the ingredient that produces marijuana’s high — in Floyd’s body .
"Resisting arrest and cocaine don't mix." --- DriveInDriveOut

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Source?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
they have successfully convinced the majority of this nation that black Americans experience racist mistreatment from the police look at the polls. They have gotten police reform legislation passed in certain places in America, they have gotten some of the largest corporations and sports leagues and richest individuals to pledge millions of dollars to deal with this issue, and they changed the whole discussion on how the police interacts with the public. Again without question, BLM historically will be viewed as an extremely successful movement.
They have succeeded in helping President Trump get elected again.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

The author makes the assumption that a gun was pointed at Floyd's head, but the camera angle does not confirm it.
Also Floyd claimed to be claustrophobic, but he was just sitting a car with others as the police approached him.

vantexan

They are a Marxist organization who are taking advantage of a poor man's death to advance their ideology. Police reform? More like police defunding. As the bodycam evidence shows there's more to Floyd's death than they were saying and between that and just about ruining sports I think their support will unravel.

refineryworker05

They are a Marxist organization who are taking advantage of a poor man's death to advance their ideology. Police reform? More like police defunding. As the bodycam evidence shows there's more to Floyd's death than they were saying and between that and just about ruining sports I think their support will unravel.
Same old insults. Guess what Martin Luther and the civil rights movement were accused of being in the 1950’s and 1960’s? Marxists and communists. But it doesn’t matter because the public agrees with Blm in terms of racist police brutality against black Americans.

vantexan

Same old insults. Guess what Martin Luther and the civil rights movement were accused of being in the 1950’s and 1960’s? Marxists and communists. But it doesn’t matter because the public agrees with Blm in terms of racist police brutality against black Americans.
Dude, it's on their website that they're Marxist.

refineryworker05

Dude, it's on their website that they're Marxist.
Look, I don’t know why you keep making stuff up. I have actually read Blm’s what we believe statement on their website. There is no mention of Marxism. Not that being that political ideology would invalidate their thrust around police mistreatment of black Americans, but Marxism is not there at least what I have read on that website.

oldngray

nowhere special
31caf5f69.jpg

Poop Head

Judge me.
Not all heros wear capes.