Bonehead rookie driver...

Marne Vet

We have a new driver that just got their seniority recently. Quick background on this person. They have an 8:30 start-time, and no bided trip obviously. Very confrontational with management. For Peak they've covered various trips. Whatever the Center needs covered. Now this morning they came in, was told which trip they were covering, and said "Well that's a 10:30 start, so I'm leaving." The sup said "No, you start at 8:30 AM, and during Peak this trip goes out at 8:30 AM" The driver left the building and came back at 10:30 AM. Anyone want to guess what happened? If you thought "They were fired", you would be correct. Who does that?! Rookie driver has an 8:30 start. Gets put on a trip that starts at 8:30, then decides they will just leave because they think it starts at 10:30. Unbelievable the quality of people we keep getting. Work as instructed shouldn't have even come up! If your start time is 8:30, and they have a trip for you they want to start at 8:30, then there's no arguing. If this person had an 8:30 start and was told they couldn't start until 10:30, THEN they could've grieved it and won the money. Anyone else have people like this in their centers?

Meloetta

Surprisingly in the smalls sort I work at I have yet to encounter anyone that bad. I mean yeah alot of non union workers leave before they're supposed to but that's it.
I'm surprised they let someone like that even be a driver. I mean they had to of noticed his personality before this.

We have a new driver that just got their seniority recently. Quick background on this person. They have an 8:30 start-time, and no bided trip obviously. Very confrontational with management. For Peak they've covered various trips. Whatever the Center needs covered. Now this morning they came in, was told which trip they were covering, and said "Well that's a 10:30 start, so I'm leaving." The sup said "No, you start at 8:30 AM, and during Peak this trip goes out at 8:30 AM" The driver left the building and came back at 10:30 AM. Anyone want to guess what happened? If you thought "They were fired", you would be correct. Who does that?! Rookie driver has an 8:30 start. Gets put on a trip that starts at 8:30, then decides they will just leave because they think it starts at 10:30. Unbelievable the quality of people we keep getting. Work as instructed shouldn't have even come up! If your start time is 8:30, and they have a trip for you they want to start at 8:30, then there's no arguing. If this person had an 8:30 start and was told they couldn't start until 10:30, THEN they could've grieved it and won the money. Anyone else have people like this in their centers?
Stupid people these days are a dime a dozen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Put your letter in.
It's people like this idiot that give the union a bad name. Management firing you for failing when you were set up to fail from the beginning. Yeah the union is good for that. The union getting someone their job back after job abandonment no I don't agree at all.

A

anonymous6

we have a peek feeder who broke a bunch of chains and left them for the day driver. he said " hey. at least I left a note"

Marne Vet

Who the hell shows up at work only to leave and come back? I would give up a kidney to leave at 8:30. Sounds made up.

Nope. This rookie really thought getting seniority meant they had instant Union balls to do whatever they wanted. 8:30 AM start, and they left to come back because they ignored what the sup said, and pigheadedly decided they were starting at 10:30 AM because during the year that trip is a 10:30 AM start. So glad they were fired, even if it was for the day, because I'm getting sick and tired of all the crap the newer drivers are pulling these days. Recklessly driving up the highway is one of my biggest pet peeves, and cutting other drivers off!

numberonedriver

Had a rookie driver who had only been driving force 3 months go out on jury duty for a day and lied and said he was selected and had to serve on a jury for a week. He had no proof when he came back and got fired. Haven't seen him since I heard from his buddy who works here that he had 2 chances to go to panel to fight for his job and he didn't go. I don't know why he even went driving in the first place if he didn't care about his job.