Bonus Centers

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
img_0382-jpg.367310

You need to move to a different state, no way would I be retired and pay that much in state taxes.

Johney

One supervisor I know goes back every year and trains new drivers. He says it's stupid money and can't turn it down. I wouldn't go back for any amount.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One supervisor I know goes back every year and trains new drivers. He says it's stupid money and can't turn it down. I wouldn't go back for any amount.
This was a one and done. The lead instructor was a friend who I had worked with for 15-20 years. She sent me a text asking me if I wanted to come back and I said yes. I was expecting to be paid between $25-30/hr but when I got the offer letter from the temp agency stating that they were going to pay me $43/hr I was floored. It was 2 days week for roughly 8-10 hours per day. One of our on car instructors asked me not to tell the FT drivers how much I was getting paid. The only requirements from the pension office was that I not work more than 1000 hours per calendar year and that I not train drivers for our competitors.

I will tell you that it was an interesting experience. Most of the trainees got through with no problem but we had a couple that we had to send home. One was a guy who drove taxis for 25 years who apparently scared the poop out of the on car who was doing the on road evaluation. Another was a young lady who kept asking for "mental health breaks" who would all knew would quit the first time that she saw a bricked package car. A third had two near missed during his road test.

I will not be going back but I did have fun while I was there, especially when the instructors would all go to this one local pizza place with a very attractive girl working the front desk. :)

DSM515

No. Company numbers and company bonus. Which is why a delivery driver consistently over standards (we all know who they are, go on vacation and the newbie comes in an hour or more earlier) can not be disciplined and is paid by the hour.
So the New guys comes in and sorts his truck a hour off the clock, runs all day, doesn’t follow methods, skips lunch and breaks and beats my numbers by a hour, you really need to start worrying about part time issues part timer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This was a one and done. The lead instructor was a friend who I had worked with for 15-20 years. She sent me a text asking me if I wanted to come back and I said yes. I was expecting to be paid between $25-30/hr but when I got the offer letter from the temp agency stating that they were going to pay me $43/hr I was floored. It was 2 days week for roughly 8-10 hours per day. One of our on car instructors asked me not to tell the FT drivers how much I was getting paid. The only requirements from the pension office was that I not work more than 1000 hours per calendar year and that I not train drivers for our competitors.

I will tell you that it was an interesting experience. Most of the trainees got through with no problem but we had a couple that we had to send home. One was a guy who drove taxis for 25 years who apparently scared the poop out of the on car who was doing the on road evaluation. Another was a young lady who kept asking for "mental health breaks" who would all knew would quit the first time that she saw a bricked package car. A third had two near missed during his road test.

I will not be going back but I did have fun while I was there, especially when the instructors would all go to this one local pizza place with a very attractive girl working the front desk. :)

PT Car Washer

So the New guys comes in and sorts his truck a hour off the clock, runs all day, doesn’t follow methods, skips lunch and breaks and beats my numbers by a hour, you really need to start worrying about part time issues part timer.
No the newbie that gets thrown on the route at the last minute, and comes in an hour early and asks "What does the regular driver do all day." Tell me you have never heard that one.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No the newbie that gets thrown on the route at the last minute, and comes in an hour early and asks "What does the regular driver do all day." Tell me you have never heard that one.
Because the newbie runs and doesn’t work safely. And you should never make another driver look bad.

DSM515

I take my lunch, break, follow the methods, drive safe, take care of my customers and be professional. Oh yea wash and fuel my truck. That’s what takes me a hour longer than the new guys who run and gun and piss off my customers, don’t fuel or wash, leave all there garbage and pee bottles in the truck, maybe you should buy a tie.

PT Car Washer

You want to be a part timer that’s fine and I respect that but don’t act like all the older guys are lazy POS,
Never said ALL of the old timers are lazy. Most of them work smart enough to bonus or at least run scratch. But you can't tell me there a few guys, young and old who like to play games with the numbers. Several times I have had to get a misload off of a driver that was just a couple blocks off of his route. It would hurt his bonus and Heaven forbid you ask them to help out another driver who had a bad day. Lots of times I run LIB's that are oversize or overweight's that were always on certain drivers. Then there are the stops you have to walk off. Amazing how they always get left behind.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Never said ALL of the old timers are lazy. Most of them work smart enough to bonus or at least run scratch. But you can't tell me there a few guys, young and old who like to play games with the numbers. Several times I have had to get a misload off of a driver that was just a couple blocks off of his route. It would hurt his bonus and Heaven forbid you ask them to help out another driver who had a bad day. Lots of times I run LIB's that are oversize or overweight's that were always on certain drivers. Then there are the stops you have to walk off. Amazing how they always get left behind.
It is unfortunate a part-timer (if your stories are true) continues to perform full-time work. You should go full-time or stop what you are doing. Save your response...

PT Car Washer

He more than likely would take a significant pay cut if he went FT, atleast for a few years.
Not really because all of my 7 weeks of vacations would be paid at 40 or 45 hours and Holidays would be paid at 8 hours. Spent over 10 and 1/2 hours today on the clock. Last 2 1/2 hours at $.95/minute. Not in it for the money anymore. Just enjoy driving around listening to NPR while dropping off a few misloads and LIB's. This Summer I'll dial it back and let the lower seniority air drivers sweat covering call ins.