Bonus Centers

Overpaid Union Thug

I work in a bonus center, it is much and it’s not rare.
If you are truly following the methods, speed limits, etc., then those frequent high bonus numbers should be very rare and will eventually disappear. If not then consider yourself lucky to have one of the few IE departments that hasn’t caught that yet.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If you are truly following the methods, speed limits, etc., then those frequent high bonus numbers should be very rare and will eventually disappear. If not then consider yourself lucky to have one of the few IE departments that hasn’t caught that yet.
My last three years driving I averaged about 5-7 hours bonus a week. High mileage rural route. No, I didn't run at my age. No, I didn't come in early and massage my load. Was satellited and loaded my own truck out of a TP-60.
Previous route I averaged 1-2 hours over allowed. Went from over allowed to bonus with just a route change. Numbers aren't fair or consistent.
Four years later and I understand the allowances are just as loose. Guess IE still hasn't caught on.

Overpaid Union Thug

My last three years driving I averaged about 5-7 hours bonus a week. High mileage rural route. No, I didn't run at my age. No, I didn't come in early and massage my load. Was satellited and loaded my own truck out of a TP-60.
Previous route I averaged 1-2 hours over allowed. Went from over allowed to bonus with just a route change. Numbers aren't fair or consistent.
Four years later and I understand the allowances are just as loose. Guess IE still hasn't caught on.
They likely haven’t. Corporate doesn’t mind it (too a point) if you’re paid bonus at straight time. They think (usually are correct) they’re saving money not paying those OT hours. That 5-7 hours would have been squashed ASAP in my building.

slingshot90

My center is a bonus center, and being a cover driver, I'm lucky to make an hour a week in bonus. If I'm on one of the routes I know really well for a week, I can maybe get 2-4 hours of bonus for the week, with taking a 30 min lunch, 10 min paid break. I don't run or break my balls trying to beat their weird numbers game. However, I do things such as signature releases at every stop I can, as there is an allotment of time for each signature acquired. I've heard its 1min30sec but I can't really know that for sure. Every business, signature if I see someone, if not- CIR that stuff. Any residential, if I see someone outside that is coming around to grab their package, signature. Business heavy routes are way easier to clock in some bonus on, I don't really even bother out in the rural areas.

What I find comical is, the route I qualified on, was a planned 9.5 hour day, 64 miles, heavy pickups, heavy business and deliveries. The ORION on that route is god-awful, it makes no sense to do it how it's lined up in the board, a lot of the reason is it thinks the one main highway is a usable road to use to flow around to all the areas. It is not, so it makes the most sense to just knock the route out, grid by grid, section by section. I would be done in 8 hours, have about 48 miles, and be over in bonus world somehow. One day I followed ORION 100%, was done at 6:30, 65 miles, made just under 2 hours in bonus. Go figure, you get rewarded for driving more, and taking longer.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No slam to you but I’m my experience most of the drivers who made lots of bonus were total bs’ers and were absolutely running and cutting major corners. There were only a few routes in my old center that had decent allowances and the drivers could move regularly and make bonus…over the years I saw the bonus get cut and whittled down… especially on the heavy industrial routes that had heavy pickups… those runs (where the drivers were literally working their asses off) went from an hour or two bonus to being over by an hour… it was a total dick move by mgt … the whole system is bogus… heard that straight from center mgrs mouth multiple times.
I don’t know how long ago that quote was from but it’s impossible to make bonus on my route anymore. Lol like @Bubblehead said, the company is able to change time allowances as they see fit and actually change pay rates lol.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No slam to you but I’m my experience most of the drivers who made lots of bonus were total bs’ers and were absolutely running and cutting major corners. There were only a few routes in my old center that had decent allowances and the drivers could move regularly and make bonus…over the years I saw the bonus get cut and whittled down… especially on the heavy industrial routes that had heavy pickups… those runs (where the drivers were literally working their asses off) went from an hour or two bonus to being over by an hour… it was a total dick move by mgt … the whole system is bogus… heard that straight from center mgrs mouth multiple times.
Ummm, bruh, I never said this, lol!!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Every business, signature if I see someone, if not- CIR that stuff. Any residential, if I see someone outside that is coming around to grab their package, signature.
Oh look, there is about to be another job opening for a few weeks.

You do know that is not the correct method? Padding stops, just DR it and move on...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Oh look, there is about to be another job opening for a few weeks.

You do know that is not the correct method? Padding stops, just DR it and move on...

You could council your employees, in the error of their ways.

The company's tacit approval perpetuates this daily problem.

Lead the way, on a resolution.

Discipline.... is the result of attempting to correct a problem. Right ?

:biggrin:

Hey,

You hired them.

I just have to represent them.

DriverNerd

I wonder if any bonus fools got themselves in hot water padding stops or pickups?
We had a 10 year driver fired (well, he resigned) for making up extra stops. ie. if he had 3 packages to one suite in a building, he'd do it as 3 separate deliveries. That way he did 60 business stops every morning. He was done at 4pm with 4 hours of bonus every day.

DriverNerd

We area bonus center. One thing that I didn't see mentioned here is that your time allowance increases for pick-ups. We have an Amazon DC close to the hub where we pick up all the really small stuff and scan an end of day there. The driver picked up over 2500 pieces and made bonus by over 9 hours, paying him an extra $540 for the pick up. It was freaking hilarious hearing management bitch and moan over that.
I did a pickup in a cattle car on prime day a couple years back and picked up 10 gaylords full of t-shirts. Was about 4500 pieces.

When I came in to work the next day the supervisor told me they weren't paying me the 12 hours of bonus. I told him I'm not a bonus driver and it wasn't in a bonus area. He said never mind then.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I did a pickup in a cattle car on prime day a couple years back and picked up 10 gaylords full of t-shirts. Was about 4500 pieces.

When I came in to work the next day the supervisor told me they weren't paying me the 12 hours of bonus. I told him I'm not a bonus driver and it wasn't in a bonus area. He said never mind then.
So you gave back 12 hours of pay?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We had a 10 year driver fired (well, he resigned) for making up extra stops. ie. if he had 3 packages to one suite in a building, he'd do it as 3 separate deliveries. That way he did 60 business stops every morning. He was done at 4pm with 4 hours of bonus every day.
So maybe bonus isn't the gravy train some here represent it to be?

DriverNerd

When ups starts giving money away I’ll be at the head of the line
It’s their rules I only play the game
Oh, I hear you. If I got paid for those hours because it fits within the standards of their rules, I wouldn't have complained and said I shouldn't receive the money. But I'm not upset I didn't.