"Bonus" not showing on check

Thegameisrigged

I became a driver in early June, just got my seniority about 3 weeks ago. I was told that I am a full-time driver, so bonus should apply to me, right? We are a bonus center, obviously. But, I do not see any bonus section on my checks. And yes, I have made what should have been bonus many times.

Now I will begin keeping track of my hours more closely.

Only "regular" and "overtime" hours worked are showing up on my checks, there is no bonus section.

Has this "Bonus" section not come into affect yet? To my knowledge it should come into affect immediately after you get seniority.
You have to tell them to activate your bonus in the system.

CoolStoryBro

In my center they don't pay bonus to the bottom 3 drivers in seniority.

You can't "file" because union doesn't recognize bonus. It's UPS's thing. They can do whatever they want.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I became a driver in early June, just got my seniority about 3 weeks ago. I was told that I am a full-time driver, so bonus should apply to me, right? We are a bonus center, obviously. But, I do not see any bonus section on my checks. And yes, I have made what should have been bonus many times.

Only "regular" and "overtime" hours worked are showing up on my checks, there is no bonus section.

Has this "Bonus" section not come into affect yet? To my knowledge it should come into affect immediately after you get seniority.
Overtime pays more.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Ironically you'd think that bonus is the darling of management.....one of my 8 ORION rides was with a lady who was part of an “over alowed” hit team that went from one troubled building to the next. She said the company puts about three times more effort into investigating bonus drivers then they do chronically over alowed drivers. She too couldn’t understand since you have buildings like the Oakland building who average almost 3 hours in the hole a day. That’s an average so imagine what the worse drivers numbers are. Anyhow it certainly gave me the impression that UPS wants it gone more then the union does.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ironically you'd think that bonus is the darling of management.....one of my 8 ORION rides was with a lady who was part of an “over alowed” hit team that went from one troubled building to the next. She said the company puts about three times more effort into investigating bonus drivers then they do chronically over alowed drivers. She too couldn’t understand since you have buildings like the Oakland building who average almost 3 hours in the hole a day. That’s an average so imagine what the worse drivers numbers are. Anyhow it certainly gave me the impression that UPS wants it gone more then the union does.

They investigate bonus drivers more because of all the dfu's they generate. That's all. Bonus is entirely UPS's baby and has nothing to do with the union. If they didn't have an incentive to pay bonus, they wouldn't have to.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

why don't you ask another driver at your center and then go to the stupe.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
They investigate bonus drivers more because of all the dfu's they generate. That's all. Bonus is entirely UPS's baby and has nothing to do with the union. If they didn't have an incentive to pay bonus, they wouldn't have to.
Only building in my area that has a Bonus....the union members are the only ones who can get rid of it by a vote.

BlackCat

We had a guy work close to a year without realizing that he should have been getting a "bonus"

center manager said he was not added correctly in the system or some crap. The driver kind of let him off the hook by accepting a general sum and did not make them go through the entire year for an exact figure.

PT Car Washer

We had a guy work close to a year without realizing that he should have been getting a "bonus"

center manager said he was not added correctly in the system or some crap. The driver kind of let him off the hook by accepting a general sum and did not make them go through the entire year for an exact figure.
We had the same thing happen my building. I think they just told the driver that they were sorry and will correct it in the future.