"Bonus" not showing on check

babboo25

Banned
A center close to us voted bonus out several years ago. BA promised it would add more routes, well it didn’t. Once you vote it out you can’t get it back, they were all pretty pissed. We still have it, some get bonus some don’t, some routes it’s impossible to get it. It’s all paid as OT, I’m shocked to hear some areas are paid at straight time, definitely throwing money out the window at straight time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My hub is what they call a bonus center.

If the route calls for 9.6 hours and you finish it in 8 you still get paid for 9.6 hours of work.
That’s funny... in my old center almost every route was planning 8.1 or 8.2 etc.....the whole program is a scam... you will see what I mean one of these days

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
That’s funny... in my old center almost every route was planning 8.1 or 8.2 etc.....the whole program is a scam... you will see what I mean one of these days
So true....my route routinely ran about an hour and a half bonus every day. I’ve had my route for 15 years so I knew it inside and out and knew exactly what I needed (stops/peices/miles/Signature’s) to make my plan and bonus. Well low and behold I come in one day and I’m scratch at best. My on car and manager were more pissed then I was cause bonus guys help hide :censored2:-birds. They even printed up my numbers from a year earlier for proof.....you see IE denied they adjusted the numbers. Well fast forward two years my numbers are still a shell of what they once were. Oh well.....I just slowed down. OT pays much better than bonus and 5 o’clock traffic around here is an absolute nightmare anyways.

BlackCat

.you see IE denied they adjusted the numbers

They are always :censored2:ing with the numbers. They will keep messing with them until you can no longer scratch.

We had a guy in my center who would always crush his route, primarily because of pickup volume. He had one stop in particular that would ship out about 400 pieces a day, mostly NDA. So dude was getting credit for 400 pieces picked up and then 400 pieces dropped at the UPS store air drop (That store LOVED that $$$)

So IE decides one day to investigate. They make the determination that the pickup/drop off volume consisted of mostly smalls and took away all of his time allowance. Dude cant even come close to scratching any longer.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not sure....from what we’ve been told by our BA is that the union does not and will not recognize any production based bonus. So I doubt it.

That's the point I was making. Why would it have to be voted on by union members when the union has nothing to do with it? It's not contractual, there's no reason UPS would have to honor any such vote. If things worked that way we could just vote to add more routes and solve all our problems.