Triggered?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I think the dress & appearance Policy being thrown out the window pisses most of the older guys off here because we all had to adhere to the policy and was good enough for us !!
Christ I remember being pulled into the office for wearing long sleeve t-shirt under a short sleeve shirt ,,, now,,, these guys don't even wear a proper uniform , I got spoken to at the airport for not having vest zipped (360 degrees visibility) told the sup to piss off and get himself a real pair of shoes and put on his name tag

Johney

I think the dress & appearance Policy being thrown out the window pisses most of the older guys off here because we all had to adhere to the policy and was good enough for us !!
Christ I remember being pulled into the office for wearing long sleeve t-shirt under a short sleeve shirt ,,, now,,, these guys don't even wear a proper uniform , I got spoken to at the airport for not having vest zipped (360 degrees visibility) told the sup to piss off and get himself a real pair of shoes and put on his name tag
Try and say anything to the younglings about it and all you get is "why don't you old guys just retire so I can get a better vacation pick!".

RUDoneYet

the woke liberal booster club mom thing is just an act. it's all there to deflect from the fact that who she really is is a ruthless capitalist who will maximize profits at ALL costs. oh sure she'll play it up as inclusivity or "getting with the times" but relaxing the appearance standards was really about increasing the pool of applicants and thus decreasing the bargaining position of the drivers who could meet them.
@Gabba I personally believe you have hit the nail on the head. I feel the greatly relaxed standards were motivated in large part with the August 1, 2023 contract deadline fully in mind. Having a large, ready pool of people willing and able to replace striking drivers is a high priority item. Prior to the standards change, you were looking at an extremely limited pool of potential employees without exposed tats, that were clean shaven, and in my humble baby boomer opinion professional looking, with neat clothes including shinable shoes that made us stand out from the competition. Those days are gone. Now we will take anyone with a driver's license, and that may no longer need to be a stellar driving record. Billions have been spent by UPS since the late 90s / early 2000s on how to make every task needed to get a package car on road with the correct packages. PFS / PFT / ORION / dynamic opts / PVDs / personal phones used as DIADs - all of this is to dumb down the job of sorting, loading, and delivering. Jim Casey was proud of his drivers being Teamsters beginning in 1916 (I think, I wasn't there ). He wanted the teamsters to represent the drivers to prove that he respected his employees and that they were being treated fairly. I fear things will get ugly for the drivers / teamsters and next year's contract negotiations. Go on strike? No problem, there are tens of thousands of people now qualified to work for UPS at what for them will seem like unimaginable sums of money. $40 hour off the street? Every tatted, slovenly, Grizzly Adams looking person on the street will jump at that opportunity for what in their mind is an easy job. Time will tell. Carole has this all thought out long before she became CEO and was "only" a board member. I fear the threat of a strike does not bother her in the least.