Bottom Line: Future Drivers/PTers will be making less

Moneythehardway

UPS/Teamsters can spin this how they want but the Bottom line is Future Drivers Will be making Less to do the exact same job you are doing today.

Thats the bottom line.

We wouldn't have the money/benefits we have today if those union members/leaders that came before us didn't fight against concessions like these. So its now on our watch to keep it going by voting this down and fighting to AT LEAST keep the ALL Full Time drivers at equal pay and not take a mass pay cut for future drivers. That's the very least we should accept.

Time for change

UPS/Teamsters can spin this how they want but the Bottom line is Future Drivers Will be making Less to do the exact same job you are doing today.

Thats the bottom line.

We wouldn't have the money/benefits we have today if those union members/leaders that came before us didn't fight against concessions like these. So its now on our watch to keep it going by voting this down and fighting to AT LEAST keep the ALL Full Time drivers at equal pay and not take a mass pay cut for future drivers. That's the very least we should accept.

I can’t wait to see standard 13 hour days for combo drivers on Saturday and Sunday and laid off drivers on Monday. Best contract ever....for a part timer with a month seniority. Are the combo drivers also going to do all unloading and loading and parking trucks on weekends too?

Box Ox

Thats the bottom line.

Yep. It’s why investors and investment analysts are so excited about it. The Contract absolutely exceeds the level of giveaways they were expecting the Union to make.

bowhnterdon

No doubt. The lower paid driver position is going to happen. One way or another. Ups sees it as a way to survive in the future

Blackstream

Can anyone confirm btw? I've heard that your time in 22.4 counts towards regular package car driver progression, so if you hit top scale in 22.4, then bid into a RPCD you'll immediately go to top scale.

Either way, I expect 22.4s to be off the street hires at my hub or just straight up never filled. I've seen it go to the emergency signup list several times at my hub, which means they went through the entire list of people who signed up to be a driver, and still needed more drivers.... adding the same job but with less pay doesn't sound to me like it'll improve that situation.

Blackstream

Yes, only go through progression once.
That's not too bad then. Get an instant $6 an hour raise and 9.5 protection (if you don't already have it thanks to your supplement) once you bid into RPCD, probably long before you get old and your body starts breaking down. Obviously I'd prefer just having all RPCD and not have to bid into the real job to have decent QoL.

On that note though, I wonder what the priority order will be for bidding into a RPCD position. Like do 22.4s get first pick by seniority, then part timers, or is it all seniority, or what?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Can anyone confirm btw? I've heard that your time in 22.4 counts towards regular package car driver progression, so if you hit top scale in 22.4, then bid into a RPCD you'll immediately go to top scale.

Either way, I expect 22.4s to be off the street hires at my hub or just straight up never filled. I've seen it go to the emergency signup list several times at my hub, which means they went through the entire list of people who signed up to be a driver, and still needed more drivers.... adding the same job but with less pay doesn't sound to me like it'll improve that situation.
Are you on the west coast??? We have the same situation out here...

Blackstream

Yeah I'm in portland.

It doesn't help that they jerk around half the people who try to become a driver. The people who are interested get DQed for stupid stuff or demoralized into quitting (one of my friends was told at a PCM not to expect to have a life as a driver. 'Don't expect to go to your kid's ball game' type stuff), or sit in this stupid limbo for months waiting to actually start driving even after they get accepted and pass intergrad.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah I'm in portland.

It doesn't help that they jerk around half the people who try to become a driver. The people who are interested get DQed for stupid stuff or demoralized into quitting (one of my friends was told at a PCM not to expect to have a life as a driver. 'Don't expect to go to your kid's ball game' type stuff), or sit in this stupid limbo for months waiting to actually start driving even after they get accepted and pass intergrad.
I agree many of the places out west are hurting for drivers but they are DQing drivers for the dumbest things... ridiculous

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I can’t wait to see standard 13 hour days for combo drivers on Saturday and Sunday and laid off drivers on Monday. Best contract ever....for a part timer with a month seniority. Are the combo drivers also going to do all unloading and loading and parking trucks on weekends too?
You betcha!

Brown_Star

Methods Man
That's not too bad then. Get an instant $6 an hour raise and 9.5 protection (if you don't already have it thanks to your supplement) once you bid into RPCD, probably long before you get old and your body starts breaking down. Obviously I'd prefer just having all RPCD and not have to bid into the real job to have decent QoL.

On that note though, I wonder what the priority order will be for bidding into a RPCD position. Like do 22.4s get first pick by seniority, then part timers, or is it all seniority, or what?
We are the last of the FT drivers I strongly believe this. Just vote NO!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Don't be surprised if you have to wait three or more years to become a 22.4, then wait another ten for an rpcd to open up that ups actually fills. But, yay! Only one progression period. The priority of who wins bids for rpcd will depend on your supplemental language. Ours is unclear, and the issue might have to go to arbitration before it gets sorted out.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

C500C10E-4AF8-4A59-AFD5-E5EA8959B912.jpeg

born2Bwild

This was my question that was never answered
Will 22.4 continue to progress to RPCD top scale rate after they bid on red circled RPCD positions or will they stay at 31. I don’t see anything in the contract that answer that. This is huge negative to anyone who is looking to be 22.4

LagunaBrown

This was my question that was never answered
Will 22.4 continue to progress to RPCD top scale rate after they bid on red circled RPCD positions or will they stay at 31. I don’t see anything in the contract that answer that. This is huge negative to anyone who is looking to be 22.4
22.4 progression goes towards RPCD 4 year progression as well as their rate being red circled if they go to RPCD. Any full timer that goes through progression once never has to do it again so if a 22.4 finished his 4 year progression and topped out in that classification then he would go automatically to the top RPCD rate his first day as a RPCD.