Boy are we in for it!

oldngray

nowhere special
All true but then late loads would not be processed and loaded for delivery. We have loads coming in at 6:30 that are one day commits.

Those late loads are killing everyone. That is why the drivers keep getting started later and later. My center would get a late ground load at about 7:30 (if it wasn't late) and usually NDA didn't get sorted until after 8.

Z

ZQXC

Those late loads are killing everyone. That is why the drivers keep getting started later and later. My center would get a late ground load at about 7:30 (if it wasn't late) and usually NDA didn't get sorted until after 8.

Our NDA is usually sorted between 0830 and 0900.

Yeah our air also comes in late but that should not be an excuse to have everything else not loaded. But what do I know, I'm still living in the past.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ever try to speed up a feeder driver? :hapydancsmil:
2014-09-14-20-02-43-237383814.jpeg
Here Feedah!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Hey lets try something new! start us early,get preload wrapped and get the fudge out of Dodge!

Here's the thing with that...

We get in late w/volume every night. Twilight ends up wrapping later and bleeding into the Midnight. Midnight gets a late start and gets bombarded with trailers thus, bleeding into Preload. Preload starts late and well, you know what happens next...

No one can start early when, they're waiting on the prior shift to finish (or roll loads). Throw more people into an already clogged building and even less gets done, because you can't move.

Sent using a Potato

Here's the thing with that...

We get in late w/volume every night. Twilight ends up wrapping later and bleeding into the Midnight. Midnight gets a late start and gets bombarded with trailers thus, bleeding into Preload. Preload starts late and well, you know what happens next...

No one can start early when, they're waiting on the prior shift to finish (or roll loads). Throw more people into an already clogged building and even less gets done, because you can't move.

Sent using a Potato
We need a better plan,or else.......

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
We need a better plan,or else.......

That we do. Sadly, we won't get one. Atlanta is simply going to throw more people at it and we'll end up looking even dumber than we did last year.

We have two pkg centers in my building. Each has been tasked to put on 16 RTD drivers. My center has only managed to qualify 8 or 9.(they've disqualified none) Only 2 or 3 of them would've qualified under normal circumstances. We're talking about drivers that go out with 140 dense residential stops that can only get 45 or so off by 16:00. And, we're tasked with putting 8 more on.

These are the people Atlanta is counting on to make a difference this year.

Sent using a Potato

Last edited:
That we do. Sadly, we won't get one. Atlanta is simply going to throw more people at it and well end up looking even dumber than we did last year.

We have two pkg centers in my building. Each has been tasked to put on 16 RTD drivers. My center has only managed to qualify 8 or 9.(they've disqualified none) Only 2 or 3 of them would've qualified under normal circumstances. We're talking about drivers that go out with 140 dense residential stops that can only get 45 or so off by 16:00. And, we're tasked with putting 8 more on.

These are the people Atlanta is counting on to make a difference this year.

Sent using a Potato
Same here. my center manager ,must be pulling his hair out. our unit Is around 8 hours over,normally.

We have been about 30 hours over,with the new guys.

Guess I dont suck,as bad as I used to.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That we do. Sadly, we won't get one. Atlanta is simply going to throw more people at it and we'll end up looking even dumber than we did last year
None of the three buildings I've worked in are large enough to handle peak package volume. Atlanta will continue the band-aid solutions for short-term profits.

10 point

If management isn't stressing about it neither will we. Lunch will be between the third and sixth hour for our drivers... not at 9 pm this year. Blown out? Not our problem.

A quart holds 32 ozs. The rest gets sheeted missed.