Britain Stuns the World

Turdferguson

Just a turd
actually they got it back through the bailout and now greece owes to the ECB or something i forget. it was musical chairs, and since the money went to the banks, it wasnt actually a stimulus to the greek economy. just the opposite was imposed: austerity which shrunk the money supply and killed jobs, and shrunk the GDP making harder to pay back the debts which couldnt be paid back in full to begin with. greece followed the austerity and now they have neo nazi fascism including attacks (maybe killings) on immigrants, mass emmigration away, all kinds of suicides, and 26% unemployment.

on top of that, the greeks forgave the germans the debt they owed at the end of WWII, was hasnt the favor been returned? in addition, the germans stole alot the greeks gold during wwII, which the value of which would have more than paid for the debts. in addition, the greek dictator was the one responsible for running up most of the debts. therefore those debt should be paid as they are erroneous. the US supported the greek dictator surprise, surprise.

when you lend someone money, firstly its supposed to be prudent lending, which it wasnt in the case of greece; goldman actually covered up what they were doing, and secondly when you lend money your are bearing risk that you wont be paid back.

btw the greeks destiny is americas future.

Are you huffing or smoking?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
typical knee jerk reaction. may go down more but will come back eventually. wouldn't panic about it.

i think the breakup of the EU will be a good thing in the long run.

The UK has the world's 5th largest economy, and them leaving the EU profoundly weakens the EU, which isn't a good thing long-term or short-term. The vote was more a referendum on social issues than economic ones, and the younger UK residents recognize this, and aren't happy with the vote. In fact, a campaign for another vote has already started and has 200,000 signatures within a very short time. The young are smart enough to realize that xenophobia is not only wrong, but expensive, and that a global economy is an inescapable reality.

If additional large countries leave the EU we will likely have another world recession. Please note that Mr. Trump thinks the UK is making itself great again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The UK has the world's 5th largest economy, and them leaving the EU profoundly weakens the EU, which isn't a good thing long-term or short-term. The vote was more a referendum on social issues than economic ones, and the younger UK residents recognize this, and aren't happy with the vote. In fact, a campaign for another vote has already started and has 200,000 signatures within a very short time. The young are smart enough to realize that xenophobia is not only wrong, but expensive, and that a global economy is an inescapable reality.

If additional large countries leave the EU we will likely have another world recession. Please note that Mr. Trump thinks the UK is making itself great again.
The future definition of "global economy" is malleable and uncertain.

Overpaid Union Thug

Anyone else's 401-k take a hit like mine? I lost $2k already. LOL. Investing news said this would happen. Prudential has a warning about it on the log in page. Some people are freaking out. I'm thinking.....maybe now's a good time to bump up my contribution. That's exactly what I did when the recession started. It eventually paid off.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Anyone else's 401-k take a hit like mine? I lost $2k already. LOL. Investing news said this would happen. Prudential has a warning about it on the log in page. Some people are freaking out. I'm thinking.....maybe now's a good time to bump up my contribution. That's exactly what I did when the recession started. It eventually paid off.
dontpanic.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't make any abrupt changes.

I'm surprised that you already lost $2K as the account balance shown today does not reflect the trading activity on Friday. That will be reflected in the balance on Monday.

Overpaid Union Thug

Don't make any abrupt changes.

I'm surprised that you already lost $2K as the account balance shown today does not reflect the trading activity on Friday. That will be reflected in the balance on Monday.

I lost just over $2000. I logged in just a couple of days ago and again this morning and noticed the drop. The only change I'd make would be to increase my contribution. Not by much though. I'm too conservative.

oldngray

nowhere special
I lost just over $2000. I logged in just a couple of days ago and again this morning and noticed the drop. The only change I'd make would be to increase my contribution. Not by much though. I'm too conservative.

I'm going to buy on the dip but I don't think it has bottomed out yet. Still a lot of instability especially with other countries considering exiting also.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The account balance shown is always a day behind. For example, the balance on Thursday would reflect the trading activity on Wednesday. However, because today is Saturday, the balances have not been updated. Monday's balance will reflect the chaos from Friday.