Britain Stuns the World

Overpaid Union Thug

The account balance shown is always a day behind. For example, the balance on Thursday would reflect the trading activity on Wednesday. However, because today is Saturday, the balances have not been updated. Monday's balance will reflect the chaos from Friday.
Mine might be reflective of a pre-vote panic? And my investments are likely different than yours. Maybe not.

I'm going to buy on the dip but I don't think it has bottomed out yet. Still a lot of instability especially with other countries considering exiting also.
Thats my plan. But mine is already down 2.8% since Wednesday. I suspect that'll be worse on Monday's report.

typical knee jerk reaction. may go down more but will come back eventually. wouldn't panic about it.

i think the breakup of the EU will be a good thing in the long run.
Markets only lost a couple weeks of gains. Am very disappointed S & P didn't close around 1950. Hoping for a low of at least 1800 by end of summer. Then retail sales will become into focus for christmas.

Mine might be reflective of a pre-vote panic? And my investments are likely different than yours. Maybe not.

Thats my plan. But mine is already down 2.8% since Wednesday. I suspect that'll be worse on Monday's report.
Thursday markets had a surge, so you may have updated results after Friday.

Overpaid Union Thug

Thursday markets had a surge, so you may have updated results after Friday.
I normally go months without checking my 401k balance. Sometimes longer. I tend to check it when there is something in the news that the experts think might affect it. I was planing on increasing my contribution rate once we got our next raise in August. I always do that though.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I normally go months without checking my 401k balance. Sometimes longer. I tend to check it when there is something in the news that the experts think might affect it. I was planing on increasing my contribution rate once we got our next raise in August. I always do that though.
this EU thing is going to shake things up for months. good time to up your contribution and buy more shares when market swings wildly. plus you'll save more on taxes.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
mine went down 12k. not concerned.

if it goes down 120k then i'll get nervous.

even though retired , we still look long term. have not touched 401k in the last 12 months. the pension is covering everything so far. SS kicks in , in 2 years. and i'll keep letting the 401k grow until we are forced by law to start taking some out. about 10 more years.

BrownArmy

Their design to leave the EU actually shows that they are smart.

Correct.

In their hatred of the 'elites' and immigration, they've tanked their economy for several years...we'll see the overall effect on the world economy, if we wait a few weeks, but in either case, it won't be positive.

Unemployment will rise, GDP will fall, uncertainty is the new normal.

'Liberty' was the cry for the 'leave' camp.

I guess you get what you 'vote' for.

Babies and bathwater?

Instead of having the courage and smarts to fight for a more Democratic Union, the 'leave' campaign decided it was best to destroy their apartment and not worry about the security deposit.

No matter anyone's political persuasion, we all get exactly what we pay for.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
most people look for the "easy" solution. it's a lot of hard work if you want something/anything to work right.

they will be pushing the US/Canada/Mexico union( NAU ) next. i think we already have one anyway.

oldngray

nowhere special
most people look for the "easy" solution. it's a lot of hard work if you want something/anything to work right.

they will be pushing the US/Canada/Mexico union( NAU ) next. i think we already have one anyway.

After the problems with NAFTA I don't see that happening.