Broken mirror in bldg?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Usually they look the other way over a mirror, they do break easy while "adjusting" them. I broke one with a new division manager once, she decided to charge me with it. She sent two supervisors out to take pictures of the tree branch I hit while driving up a long driveway (1/5 mile)during a thunderstorm. They even measured how long the driveway was to gripe about it. I would have made Circle of Honor two months ago, it cost me.

The fellow that is the Preload Supervisor in your building was our center manager about 10 years ago,and myself and several other drivers lost our Safe Driving time over similar chump change "accidents" he charged us with

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The fellow that is the Preload Supervisor in your building was our center manager about 10 years ago,and myself and several other drivers lost our Safe Driving time over similar chump change "accidents" he charged us with
Take comfort in the fact that, by charging you with those "accidents", that miserable turd was able to generate enough warning letters to justify his otherwise meaningless existence at the company trough for a few more years. Its a tough job, but someone has to do it.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Then they wonder why our attitude is so bad. That was a real chicken crap move on the DM's part but I guess his attitude is to take down a senior guy with at least 24 years safe driving is a great way to send a message to the rest of the troops.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Any minor UPS only property damage incident is not going to be charged against you because it would require writing up an accident report and then the on-car, center manager and DM all look bad and get chewed out. Any time management can bury a minor property damage accident they do. I've watched them bury 4 "accidents" in the last year--the most recent being one where a mechanic backed into another package car and really screwed up both vehicles.

Now if you even put a hairline scratch in a package car and don't tell your sup, if they want to get rid of you, they'll crucify you. This is why I report even the tiniest thing to my on-car. Example: When turning around in a residential driveway on a long dead-end road in the only driveway big enough to turn around in, my tire nudged the side of a small decorative rock next to the driveway moving it about 4 inches. No damage to anything obviously--but I put the rock where it went and called my sup. He was like you don't need to report that. Yeah I do....

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Any minor UPS only property damage incident is not going to be charged against you because it would require writing up an accident report and then the on-car, center manager and DM all look bad and get chewed out. Any time management can bury a minor property damage accident they do. I've watched them bury 4 "accidents" in the last year--the most recent being one where a mechanic backed into another package car and really screwed up both vehicles.

Now if you even put a hairline scratch in a package car and don't tell your sup, if they want to get rid of you, they'll crucify you. This is why I report even the tiniest thing to my on-car. Example: When turning around in a residential driveway on a long dead-end road in the only driveway big enough to turn around in, my tire nudged the side of a small decorative rock next to the driveway moving it about 4 inches. No damage to anything obviously--but I put the rock where it went and called my sup. He was like you don't need to report that. Yeah I do....
Seen a guy get charged with an accident for barely scraping against a landscape rock, seen a guy get charged with an accident for his tire scraping against a buisness's new concrete , and seen a guy NOT get charged for an accident when he backed out of a driveway, cut the wheel too hard , and knocked over there mailbox and put the truck in a deep ditch and it had to be towed out!!!!!!!!:nobrainzombis:Ups management 4 ya. :obeyhypnosmiley::nobrainzombis:

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Seen a guy get charged with an accident for barely scraping against a landscape rock, seen a guy get charged with an accident for his tire scraping against a buisness's new concrete , and seen a guy NOT get charged for an accident when he backed out of a driveway, cut the wheel too hard , and knocked over there mailbox and put the truck in a deep ditch and I that to be towed out!!!!!!!!:nobrainzombis:Ups management 4 ya. :obeyhypnosmiley::nobrainzombis:
Exactly. It's all about if they have to file a report or not. If the owner of the other property wants to pursue a claim, it will get charged against the driver. If it's something of small value like a mailbox or some grass seed, I've seen management talk the person out of a claim and pay for the mailbox. I don't know if the center manager took it out of their budget or out of their own pocket. I've also had on-cars admit to bringing grass seed, soil and a rake to fix tire marks left by drivers where the customer was agreeable to it...so they didn't have to write it up.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I have some really steep driveways and if I have picked up a lot of wine and am riding low in the back I will grind the bottom of my bumper or trailer hitch on the ground going in and out of there. Some of these country driveways have multiple ruts and drag marks at the bottom from years of vehicles like mine bottoming out and grinding metal on the pavement. It doesn't hurt anything and nobody cares but I was so insistent about calling in every time it happened to cover my ass that my center manager finally got a steward as a witness and told me that I did not have to call in anymore.

BrownArmy

A few years ago I was at a stop first thing in the morning, trying to pull a PB carpet out from under a bunch of other heavy packages...it suddenly gave, and I slipped back, slamming the end of the carpet into the windshield.

Big crack.

I called a supervisor and he told me to write it up and to stop bothering him.