Brothers -- are we closing Peak out OK?

hegro

We had 20+ drivers from other centers in our building and the area come in Saturday to deliver packages. A nearby center drove rentals in and we are keeping them. I am assuming they are flying in sups from other areas to use these rentals and help get us clean. Friday rolled 125+ packages. I am fully expecting to come in tomorrow to 300+ stops only to roll more packages into Christmas Eve. I am FAR from the heaviest route in our center.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We had 20+ drivers from other centers in our building and the area come in Saturday to deliver packages. A nearby center drove rentals in and we are keeping them. I am assuming they are flying in sups from other areas to use these rentals and help get us clean. Friday rolled 125+ packages. I am fully expecting to come in tomorrow to 300+ stops only to roll more packages into Christmas Eve. I am FAR from the heaviest route in our center.
Crazy how different it is everywhere. Here we are advancing loads to give more volume and to make Tuesday lighter. PVDs and helpers have been given days off.

MattM

No sympathy for company decision makers. We had one feeder driver drive and come back 8-9 times this afternoon.

Typically that's done by 4 guys and they're done within two hours.

Is today really the time to penny pinch?

Meanwhile they kept the whole air ramp personnel around on OT/DT as they brought us more trailers, and they picked up another load.

This all gets done within 2 hours on a typical work day. But they crap the bed when peak comes around, and they forget how to function.

They'd rather pay 100 PTers OT for 4 hours, than get an extra feeder driver in on a Sunday for their own DT for 2 years. I'm not sure the math adds up in their favor.

mrbrownstone

No sympathy for company decision makers. We had one feeder driver drive and come back 8-9 times this afternoon.

Typically that's done by 4 guys and they're done within two hours.

Is today really the time to penny pinch?

Meanwhile they kept the whole air ramp personnel around on OT/DT as they brought us more trailers, and they picked up another load.

This all gets done within 2 hours on a typical work day. But they crap the bed when peak comes around, and they forget how to function.

They'd rather pay 100 PTers OT for 4 hours, than get an extra feeder driver in on a Sunday for their own DT for 2 years. I'm not sure the math adds up in their favor.
Just remember clowns don’t always wear makeup and masks. We have a bunch of clowns hiding in plain sight in corporate. Their favorite instrument and only prop is the pencil they push.

watdaflock?

Will be getting, and already have, are a bit different. OP and I are in the same state. I don't doubt there will be some substantial snow coming from the Pineapple Express but when he posted, there hadn't been any substantial snow.
OK. Your state is kinda big. You really into it, knowing snow fall totals everywhere?
I learned today Wyoming has the second highest low point in the United States, behind only Colorado.

Air Recovery

This part of Cali is clean. We were told to roll out inmediately after PCM (9:00am). The worst part was all 160 PCs hitting our side street en masse.

"Everything is loaded. Finish strong. Go."

Literally our center manager'S speech. Expecting seasonals to get cut tomorrow when they come in

542thruNthru

This part of Cali is clean. We were told to roll out inmediately after PCM (9:00am). The worst part was all 160 PCs hitting our side street en masse.

"Everything is loaded. Finish strong. Go."

Literally our center manager'S speech. Expecting seasonals to get cut tomorrow when they come in

Pretty much the same here. Out of the building at 845am. What's the start time there tomorrow

Air Recovery

Pretty much the same here. Out of the building at 845am. What's the start time there tomorrow
I think it's 9am but....you know how when it feels "too good" or things are going "too well" they will do something literally retarded and totally :censored2: us.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they fired/laid off all our peak drivers tomorrow and put all bulk and PU's back on our normal routes. That would take our seemingly easy Christmas Eve and turn it into a Cluster Fook

I think it's 9am but....you know how when it feels "too good" or things are going "too well" they will do something literally retarded and totally :censored2: us.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they fired/laid off all our peak drivers tomorrow and put all bulk and PU's back on our normal routes. That would take our seemingly easy Christmas Eve and turn it into a Cluster Fook
Lots of late waves of air tomorrow..

KoennenTiger

I was under 95 today it was a miracle. First time this peak. Before I went home center mngr was looking at the predictions for tomorrow and told me it looks bad, really really really bad, and unexpected. Told me to tell the wife I'll be home late.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Everything is loaded. Finish strong. Go."
DSC_0280.JPG

I'm gonna clean plate today... get rid of the perishables and Xmas presents!

vvv

I was under 95 today it was a miracle. First time this peak. Before I went home center mngr was looking at the predictions for tomorrow and told me it looks bad, really really really bad, and unexpected. Told me to tell the wife I'll be home late.

I hope you wished him an early Merry Christmas as a hint and walked away.

Chnandler Bong

Lots of late waves of air tomorrow..

This is what bothers me the most about peak. If people wait until the last minute to order something to be delivered overnight on Christmas Eve, I have no sympathy for them. We’ve had 3 consecutive weeks of 70 hours and 6th day punches...is it too much to ask to get home at a reasonable time on Christmas Eve? Screw the late shuttles of air. They can get them on the 26th and learn a lesson!

vvv

This is what bothers me the most about peak. If people wait until the last minute to order something to be delivered overnight on Christmas Eve, I have no sympathy for them. We’ve had 3 consecutive weeks of 70 hours and 6th day punches...is it too much to ask to get home at a reasonable time on Christmas Eve? Screw the late shuttles of air. They can get them on the 26th and learn a lesson!

Why don't you just call in and think about yourself for a change?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Must be nice...Monday 930 today 950. But hey, they are really going to try and get us off the road by 1830 so we can spend time with family. So in other words, what they really meant was...

"friend* you and your family and any of those rat bastard kids you all might have. We really could care less, so what we did was advanced loads to make you all extremely heavy today. Don't expect to be home before 2330. If the volume we get is not sufficient to keep you slouches out until such time, we will randomly shuttle you some late air to break off for and deliver.

Merry Xmas! The management."

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Must be nice...Monday 930 today 950. But hey, they are really going to try and get us off the road by 1830 so we can spend time with family. So in other words, what they really meant was...

"friend* you and your family and any of those rat bastard kids you all might have. We really could care less, so what we did was advanced loads to make you all extremely heavy today. Don't expect to be home before 2330. If the volume we get is not sufficient to keep you slouches out until such time, we will randomly shuttle you some late air to break off for and deliver.

Merry Xmas! The management."
CA048805-25C1-4F68-AD57-097227B31330.gif