Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

Ms.PacMan

You know what, I AM IN!!!! I have been dealing with comfort zone issues of giving up my anonymity by going on this cruise. I say forget about them-go have a good time!!!

You only live once, I love to meet new people and I love to talk about UPS. A cruise is the perfect place to do both. The weight gain bothers me-I still have 10 of the 25 pounds I gained from disability-but what the heck, I am in.

Thanks Stug and Pac for promoting this cruise. Never been on one and can't say that I am too interested in anyone seeing me in a swimsuit, but I am in!!!!!

You make me smile Helen! (I hear you on the swimsuit!)

For all the undecided's who are picking vacations now, I hope they pick this week and decide to come along!

:beach:

Last edited:

helenofcalifornia

Over, I hope you know that you are going to have to recreate that picture of your belly. My ex could do that too, but not nearly as big.

And as to vaca picks, we won't be able to pick to next year. I will be able to judge next April's picks by watching this April's picks. Who knows with the way layoffs are creeping up the seniority list, I may be on layoff! (only 10 people below me of active drivers now, nine below them on layoff! Oh my!!)

Ms.PacMan

I watched a show on conjoined twins this morning and googled them and I got a trojan virus from one of the sites- nice! The ppl who make malware should be tortured.

I was going to post links to the Ports of Call forum on cruisecritic.com but the hyperlinks looked funny. You can go there to see what there is to do and see on each island.

Roatan does look very nice. We were supposed to have an itinerary change to Roatan once after an incident at the scheduled port, Costa Rica.

A couple of young men tried to rob a group of seniors from a cruise and one of the seniors was an ex-marine. He put the would be robber in a choke hold and killed him! Anyone remember this? They cancelled the Costa Rica port for a few sailings after that incident then put it back.

Ms.PacMan

Nice way to spend a Saturday - fixing the pc :angry:.

They put the port (Costa Rica) back in by the time we sailed. I'm not sure why they cancelled it but retaliation could have been the reason. Locals were upset that the kid was killed and thought the cruise passenger should have been arrested.

Anyway, Roatan looks beautiful and has the second largest barrier reef (second to Australia) in the world.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You know what, I AM IN!!!! I have been dealing with comfort zone issues of giving up my anonymity by going on this cruise. I say forget about them-go have a good time!!!

You only live once, I love to meet new people and I love to talk about UPS. A cruise is the perfect place to do both. The weight gain bothers me-I still have 10 of the 25 pounds I gained from disability-but what the heck, I am in.

Thanks Stug and Pac for promoting this cruise. Never been on one and can't say that I am too interested in anyone seeing me in a swimsuit, but I am in!!!!!

Very nice to hear helen, please bring the other L, so's we can really have some fun.:wink2:

I took a Bahama Cruise this New Years, ready for another one!!:happy2:

Come one, come all.

you folks could always do the transatlantic cruise (ny to southampton) then meet up with some of us brits ???????

Next cruise?

And we can show them what a dentist looks like!

Ouch!

And they can teach us how to speak (the Kings English).

Touche`! I think sexy would be exempt, as he already speaks the "queens" english.

Nice way to spend a Saturday - fixing the pc :angry:.

They put the port (Costa Rica) back in by the time we sailed. I'm not sure why they cancelled it but retaliation could have been the reason. Locals were upset that the kid was killed and thought the cruise passenger should have been arrested.

Anyway, Roatan looks beautiful and has the second largest barrier reef (second to Australia) in the world.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited!:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Helen, have to agree with ya on the swimsuit issue! But in the end, I don't care. I need to lose a few pounds, probably never will, and I'm ok with that! As far as anonimity? That is there, this is here.:its_all_good:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We are in. 4 total. I am putting in for the week off on monday or whatever day it is that he gets to me. In fact if for some reason this doesn't happen I think we are going to go anyway! Next year when we bid, I will try and get a few extra days before and after. I have never been to Fla and I would like to do a little sight-seeing, maybe catch some of the beaches. We'll have to give up Laughlin next year, but I think we can suffer through that. :happy-very:

I have to say also Steve, that I am very excited about this. It'll be our first cruise, (our friends that are going have been on many cruises). I'm also a little worried. The last time I was on the ocean I got seasick.

Steve is your travel agent going to pop in and introduce herself. I know I have some questions about cabins, speaking of which, have to have cabins w/ balconys. Might even consider upgrading to a suite. We can share the cost 4-ways here.

moreluck

golden ticket member
dilli, do not take a chance & ruin a vacation......get the seasick meds. ahead of time (whatever they may be)

When we did a Carnival cruise (one of the largest ships they have), I DID feel the motion of the ocean even though everyone said I wouldn't. Not a neat feeling and one of the big reasons you won't see me on any boat bigger than an air raft in the Hawaii hotel pool.

I have heard, but not experienced, that they have come out with some newer and better seasick meds that are supposed to be pretty good with less side effects.
On my first cruise my Ex had problems with sea sickness and took Dramamine. That stuff knocked her out, every time she got still she went to sleep and was dopey(according to her, I didn't notice the difference) the rest of the time. Finally on day four of the seven day cruise someone told her what was making her that way ans she stopped taking them. She actually got to enjoy the last three days.

I heard nose ring were quite effective....and sylish too.noserng.JPG
noserng.JPG

Ms.PacMan

Poor moreluck - seasickness is no fun.

I found the Valor Western Caribbean Capers if anyone wants to see all the activities.

The Carnival Valor webcam (it's in dock now in Miami). I've never seen the big TV screens over the pools before.