Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I had to inform Amy today that we will not be going on the cruise. Unfortunately I didn't put a small amount toward the cruise as time got closer. Sorry guys, I'll make the next one. I will however, drive down to take part in the bon voyage festivities.

I had to inform Amy today that we will not be going on the cruise. Unfortunately I didn't put a small amount toward the cruise as time got closer. Sorry guys, I'll make the next one. I will however, drive down to take part in the bon voyage festivities.
I look forward to meeting you. As time gets nearer we will set something up.

We are staying at whatever hotel that Amy suggested. I an not upstairs right now, so I am not sure of the name. It is a 4 or 5 star place, for only like 130 a night, plus I can leave the car in their parking lot for the week, and use the shuttle both ways.
And yes, I am getting jazzed- after all it is our 1st cruise
If I'm not mistaken the place you are talking about is near the Miami airport. Do you have shuttle service to and from the hotel/pier ?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
If I'm not mistaken the place you are talking about is near the Miami airport. Do you have shuttle service to and from the hotel/pier ?

Yes. It is the Sofitel Miami on or near the Blue Lagoon. 130 a night for a King bed. Amy told me that they do have a shuttle to and from the hotel, and that the cost to leave your car is much cheaper then the parking at the pier. Plus the fact that momma and I have never spent the night in a French Hotel adds to the trip.

Right now the plan is to pull outta here early on Saturday morning, and be in Miami around 3ish. I plan on taking the GTO, as it will just be momma and I, with 2 or 3 bags.

Yes. It is the Sofitel Miami on or near the Blue Lagoon. 130 a night for a King bed. Amy told me that they do have a shuttle to and from the hotel, and that the cost to leave your car is much cheaper then the parking at the pier. Plus the fact that momma and I have never spent the night in a French Hotel adds to the trip.

Right now the plan is to pull outta here early on Saturday morning, and be in Miami around 3ish. I plan on taking the GTO, as it will just be momma and I, with 2 or 3 bags.
that should be a fun road trip, runnin down the road in a fine vintage automobile.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I'm staying there next Saturday night, so's I don't have to drive down on the day of my big marathon. I'll let you know what it was like.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
80 days. I just finished reserving our on shore excusions. Now the only issue is what days I want to eat at the steak house. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
80 days. I just finished reserving our on shore excusions. Now the only issue is what days I want to eat at the steak house. Any thoughts?
Don't know yet that I will book the Steak House, that's $60 for a meal and we can eat for "free" in the MDR. How ever if I were going to I would consider whatever sea day is not the Captain's big night. If I'm dressing up for dinner, I want to get the most bang for the buck.
What excursions did you book? I've looked at the web sites for each port but still haven't made a decision as yet.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Lets see. Cayman, I do the afternoon parasailing(my wife says that I am gonna die) and she does the dolphin swim and turtle farm.
Roaton, we are doing the westside tour, only because the wife wants to see the butterflys.
Belize, we are airboating and then shopping.
Cozemeal, again, she wants to go ATV riding in jungle.

Lets see. Cayman, I do the afternoon parasailing(my wife says that I am gonna die) and she does the dolphin swim and turtle farm.
Roaton, we are doing the westside tour, only because the wife wants to see the butterflys.
Do you book everything thru Carnival ?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Since this the first time for both my wife and I, we decided to do it this way. I am sure we could get better prices"on the ground" but not knowing the area, or how things worked, we decided this way was best. I am sure that we will kick oursevles somewheres during the trip, but will know better next time. I was unhappy with Carnival because they do not support Macs in they last page of checkout. You can do everything BUT the final checkout. You have to have a PC to give them your credit card.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When we did a Carribean cruise, when we would get off the ship, there were people and vehicles lined up to take you anywhere you want to go. There were 6 of us, so the guy with the van won out. It was a negotiated price and he took us everywhere on St. Thomas V.I. He was an excellent guide.

I know we lucked out and could've gotten the vehicle with the carbon monoxide leak....thus the name moreluck!

In Carracas, we did a scheduled event, a bus trip to a crystal making place and that bus was like a death trap. Very Scary !

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That sounds so cool, OI. You guys sound like so much fun. Can't wait to meet you all. I'm in Miami as I type this. I'm sitting in my sis-in-laws apartment, which is right on South Beach. I mean right on the ocean. I had no clue she had this place. I'll upload pics from this weekend when I get back home. I'll take pics of the hotel so you can see where you'll be staying.

Here's what we have on our want list at this time, we haven't actually booked anything yet.

Destination Date Arrival---- Departure
Miami 04/18/10 4:00 PM
At Sea --- 04/19/10 ---
Grand Cayman (George Town) 04/20/10 7:00 AM--- ------4:00 PM

Stingray City >>>>>>>LINK>>>>>http://www.stingraysailing.com/?gclid=CJTl54Gb5p8CFRAeDQod0XhQGg

Roatan Island 04/21/10 12:00 PM--------7:00 PM

Maybe Mahogany Bay, leisure day on the beach http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/port-information.aspx

Belize City 04/22/10 8:00 AM ---------5:00 PM

ATV and Cave tubing >>>>>>>LINK>>>>>http://www.cave-tubing.com/

Cozumel 04/23/10 8:00 AM -------- 5:00 PM

Thinking seriously about seeing the ruins…..not sure if my back will let me walk that far and long.

At Sea --- 04/24/10 ---
Miami 04/25/10 8:00 AM

Last edited:
HEY!! AM I THE ONLY ONE GETTING EXCITED ABOUT THIS CRUISE?????

Just an FYI, the original post on the Life after Brown sticky thread wrapped the text wrong when it was copy & pasted. The dates and times are skewed a little making it easy to misunderstand. The post just about this one has the correct dates and times for each port. This could only really be an issue when planning what to do at each port. Just make sure you have your times correct when booking excursions.

note, I am cross posting this on Steve's thread about meeting up before the cruise. I want eveyone involved to be aware.