BROWN NOSERS GET THE BEST RIDES!?!?!?!?!

Irishman Collins

I have been a Pats fan since I was a kid.
I don't know you. I am pretty much just trying to yank your chain. I just strongly disagree with most of your post on here. I lived in Boston for awhile and I have never met such arrogant football fans in my life. So if I have stereotyped you I apologize but the Pats do cheat and I think it is a shame that the NFL hasn't banned them from this Super Bowl.

FEDUPZE

I don't think the point here is, poor me I have to drive an old truck. It is, why am I driving a truck that is unsafe and antiquated. What is the criteria for someone to be put in such a truck. Is it because he or she isn't on the safety committee, age, production, not a Suck ass, union Stewart or is it some sort of roulette that management plays with drivers lives?
Thanks Irish. That is exactly the point i am trying to make here. It sickens me all the brown nosers get the safest most modern truck. Every single safety member is in a brand new truck. The reason most of these people are on the safety committee is because they where coerced due to there poor safety history. Most on the committee are ass kissers who skip/modify lunch, speed the truck on two wheels and bounce off fixed objects like a cat uses it's whiskers to gauge the tolerances of small openings. I on the other hand do all methods including hour lunch 12-1 and every safety method ad nausea. As a driver who dots his i's and crosses his t's I file on every contract violation I see. There are a handful of old clunkers in the yard. I call these cars the "punishers". When you don't fall into line and are not a company drone you are awarded a "punisher". Guess which truck I have.

Bottom rung

I don't know you. I am pretty much just trying to yank your chain. I just strongly disagree with most of your post on here. I lived in Boston for awhile and I have never met such arrogant football fans in my life. So if I have stereotyped you I apologize but the Pats do cheat and I think it is a shame that the NFL hasn't banned them from this Super Bowl.
Then if you think they're bad you should meet a packer fan once....good god. Or a ndsu hockey fan.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Those old dinosaurs make my skull split. I have to wear earplugs in those things on the highway. Fortunately though the truck on my regular route isn't that old so I don't have to deal with them too often.

Bottom rung

Every driver in my building whose switched routes in the time I've been here have taken thier old truck to the new bid. Unless it was a route with a different size car. We had one driver who went to a new bid with a manual who had an auto for a while. Kept putting it in reverse thinking it was first, management wasn't happy. Ever since...if you got a new route your old car goes with if you want it to.

Overpaid Union Thug

Every driver in my building whose switched routes in the time I've been here have taken thier old truck to the new bid. Unless it was a route with a different size car. We had one driver who went to a new bid with a manual who had an auto for a while. Kept putting it in reverse thinking it was first, management wasn't happy. Ever since...if you got a new route your old car goes with if you want it to.

That is lame. If you bid a different route you should have to get used to driving that truck. Switching to a manual from an auto is irrelevant. At this point in the game if a driver can't make that adjustment then they don't need to be driving. That is just a lame excuse to accommodate certain people. If you bid a route you should be stuck with the truck. Plain and simple. A steward that goes along with that is part of the problem and shouldn't be a steward.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yea your right thousands of vehicles go out everday and no accidents happen.

Remember your training. :yes:

Out of the thousands of vehicles that go out everday about 15% of these are the death traps with no shoulder harness or head protection.

Where do you get the 15% ?

Is that a guess.... Or, something you made up ?

I don't think the point here is, poor me I have to drive an old truck. It is, why am I driving a truck that is unsafe and antiquated.

Just because a truck is old and uncomfortable does not mean it is unsafe. Some people act like spoiled children if they don't always get a shiny new truck to drive.

How did UPS ever get so far ?

I drove pkg cars, that had wooden bulk head doors.

Just like a lot of veterans here.

The only ejections I have ever heard of occurred when the driver was not wearing the lap or 3 point belt.

Yep.

And then (sometimes), run over by their own truck.

-Bug-

union Stewart

Union Stewart ?

That explains a lot.

Irishman Collins

Thanks Irish. That is exactly the point i am trying to make here. It sickens me all the brown nosers get the safest most modern truck. Every single safety member is in a brand new truck. The reason most of these people are on the safety committee is because they where coerced due to there poor safety history. Most on the committee are ass kissers who skip/modify lunch, speed the truck on two wheels and bounce off fixed objects like a cat uses it's whiskers to gauge the tolerances of small openings. I on the other hand do all methods including hour lunch 12-1 and every safety method ad nausea. As a driver who dots his i's and crosses his t's I file on every contract violation I see. There are a handful of old clunkers in the yard. I call these cars the "punishers". When you don't fall into line and are not a company drone you are awarded a "punisher". Guess which truck I have.
Here is what a good friend of mine tells them when he gets an old, unsafe truck. He goes to his manager and says, "if something happens to me today in this truck tell my family I love them". He also says to the manager. He has told his family to never settle out of court and to go to the media and tell them how this multi billion dollar company puts drivers in trucks without shoulder harnesses or head protection but spends millions on big brother technology. He usually has a safe truck the next day. He thinks this works because management has to record every conversation they have with a driver. Especially the Union minded drivers. By making this comment he has informed the company of their liability and informed them of future liability and potential litigation and media attention. These are all things that the company goes out of their way to protect their interest.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you think a truck is unsafe write it up and have a mechanic check it out. If he agrees he will red tag it. Otherwise, it is safe to run.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here is what a good friend of mine tells them when he gets an old, unsafe truck. He goes to his manager and says, "if something happens to me today in this truck tell my family I love them". He also says to the manager. He has told his family to never settle out of court and to go to the media and tell them how this multi billion dollar company puts drivers in trucks without shoulder harnesses or head protection but spends millions on big brother technology. He usually has a safe truck the next day. He thinks this works because management has to record every conversation they have with a driver. Especially the Union minded drivers. By making this comment he has informed the company of their liability and informed them of future liability and potential litigation and media attention. These are all things that the company goes out of their way to protect their interest.

Just what I thought.

Non - Upser

Non - Teamster.

POS.

-Bug-

Irishman Collins

Remember your training. :yes:

Where do you get the 15% ?

Is that a guess.... Or, something you made up ?

How did UPS ever get so far ?

I drove pkg cars, that had wooden bulk head doors.

Just like a lot of veterans here.

Yep.

And then (sometimes), run over by their own truck.

-Bug-

Union Stewart ?

That explains a lot.
Again.... good try. I have my sources, lol. I think that people that are actually doing the job have a much better idea of what's going on than some Union official who is looking at a document that the company gave them as factual.

Irishman Collins

If you think a truck is unsafe write it up and have a mechanic check it out. If he agrees he will red tag it. Otherwise, it is safe to run.
Now that is hilarious! Explain how a truck without head protection and a shoulder harness is safe? Mechanics will not replace low back seats or lap belts because of the liability of potentially installing one incorrectly.

Inthegame

Here is what a good friend of mine tells them when he gets an old, unsafe truck. He goes to his manager and says, "if something happens to me today in this truck tell my family I love them".
What's the center manager supposed to tell the family if he's in a brand new pkg car with a high back seat with shoulder harness belt and something happens? Maybe every driver should tell their family they love them every day and leave UPS out of it.

ManInBrown

Does it really matter?

The truck I am currently sitting in is as old as my career as my first week loading was when it came on line and I loaded it!

If it's brown, it moves, and the last guy took his piss bottles out of it I am good. quit whining!
Couldn't agree more. When I first started I would be pissed off in the morning if the Car I had was a piece, or had no power steering. Now I don't give a rats. Thankfully most of the non power steering cars have been junked in my center. But if I went in tomorrow and had a high step 10 cube with no power steering I wouldn't even think twice about it. It is what it is. As long as the check cashes that's all that matters to me.

Irishman Collins

What's the center manager supposed to tell the family if he's in a brand new pkg car with a high back seat with shoulder harness belt and something happens? Maybe every driver should tell their family they love them every day and leave UPS out of it.
The point is, if the manager is sending you out in a unsafe vehicle. By telling him to tell your family that you love them is planting a seed in his subconscious.That facing your family after a tragic accident and knowing you may have survived it if he hadn't sent you out in an unsafe vehicle just might get him to rethink sending someone out in a death trap. I really shouldn't have to explain this. It is pretty much common sense.

Inthegame

The point is, if the manager is sending you out in a unsafe vehicle. By telling him to tell your family that you love them is planting a seed in his subconscious.That facing your family after a tragic accident and knowing you may have survived it if he hadn't sent you out in an unsafe vehicle just might get him to rethink sending someone out in a death trap. I really shouldn't have to explain this. It is pretty much common sense.
I understood your point counselor, I just pointed out the absurdity of it. You think a center manager has magical powers and can pull new cars out of the air? If the center manager succumbs to the "subconscious" fear, he or she just moves the "deathtrap" car on another driver. What does he tell that family?

Irishman Collins

I understood your point counselor, I just pointed out the absurdity of it. You think a center manager has magical powers and can pull new cars out of the air? If the center manager succumbs to the "subconscious" fear, he or she just moves the "deathtrap" car on another driver. What does he tell that family?
Yes, it's a dilemma but that is not for me to figure out. Maybe lease safer vehicles when you can't provide one. I believe this multi billion dollar company can afford it. If they really cared about safety.