BROWN NOSERS GET THE BEST RIDES!?!?!?!?!

rod

Retired 22 years

That brings back memories. Back in the 80's (?) one of my good customers was a vending company. For two cases of beer he gave me a big arcade video game that had 3 different games on it--the Mike Tyson boxing game was one of them. I had it in my basement rec room for years until one day the screen went black. I took it back to him and he told me it might cost a few bucks to fix. I was tired of it so I just left it with him. Now I regret it.

Irishman Collins

And you accuse me of having a humility issue? That's rich...

In deference to the champ,

As you stammer incoherently
and post with awkward irony
I'll keep floating like a butterfly
and stinging like a fearless bee.
Not bad, considering it took you around 15 hours to figure out your comeback. Ok, I'll throw the first punch. How about listing three of the Hoffa administration's greatest accomplishments? Let's see, if you duck and run or if you can block my jab by listing "real" accomplishments? Round 1......ding!!

Inthegame

Not bad, considering it took you around 15 hours to figure out your comeback. Ok, I'll throw the first punch. How about listing three of the Hoffa administration's greatest accomplishments? Let's see, if you duck and run or if you can block my jab by listing "real" accomplishments? Round 1......ding!!

Superior language, wages and benefits. Wages and bennies under Hoffa negotiated CBA's were superior to any CBA since 1976. Carey got us a 12.5% wage hike with a 33% benny boost in the 93-97 deal. Another 15.3% wage and 25% benny boost in '97-'02. But Hoffa came in and raised wages by 21% and bennies by 40% in '02-'08 with another 14.4% wage bump and another 40% benny increase in '08. Without those contributions to benefit plans, we'd all be working til we're 70.

But you threw a sucker punch. I'm not wasting time searching out specific articles for you cause whatever I list won't meet your criteria. Anyone with any sense understands all UPS contracts have improvements over the prior CBA's. In '93 the NM CBA was 96 pgs. In '13 it was up to 173. Do you really think that was 77 more pages of restrictions?

You already listed improvements in a prior post, do your own research. KO

Superior language, wages and benefits. Wages and bennies under Hoffa negotiated CBA's were superior to any CBA since 1976. Carey got us a 12.5% wage hike with a 33% benny boost in the 93-97 deal. Another 15.3% wage and 25% benny boost in '97-'02. But Hoffa came in and raised wages by 21% and bennies by 40% in '02-'08 with another 14.4% wage bump and another 40% benny increase in '08. Without those contributions to benefit plans, we'd all be working til we're 70.

But you threw a sucker punch. I'm not wasting time searching out specific articles for you cause whatever I list won't meet your criteria. Anyone with any sense understands all UPS contracts have improvements over the prior CBA's. In '93 the NM CBA was 96 pgs. In '13 it was up to 173. Do you really think that was 77 more pages of restrictions?

;)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I'm assuming all these stats are in regards to UPS?
Divide those impressive percentages by 5 for an annual amount and compare it to UPS's percentage of increased profit and it becomes much less impressive.

How's the few remaining freight companies fairing?

Benny boost?
Is this a boost in benefit contributions or actual benefit levels, because mine took a big hit recently in regards to level?

Until this "superior language" actual translates into something tangible; instead of being reintpreted at the state panels, that's all it is, language. ( aka fluff)
How many increased pages can be attributed to the ever expanding drug testing language?

Move the cards around, find the queen if you can, but in the end we are going backwards.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's when I see posts like this,
That are almost like in the "third person"....
Leads me to believe, they are not a driver (or have ever been)
Or, are non-ups TDU trolls spamming this board.
It annoys me.
They wouldn't talk that smack in person.
Know what I mean ?

Lol, you are a mess!!

I'm going to have to agree, he is a mess.

On one hand BUG infers that the Irishman is talking in the third person, which suggests he is referring to his own personal experiences.

Then he immediately switches gears and implies that perhaps he isn't even a driver or UPS employee?

He spends more time and effort trying to discredit members of the forum than he does stating his well guarded thoughts.

Same old tired shtick.
Disagree and your labeled a TDU troll.
I think he may very well be a mile wide and an inch deep.

Inthegame

I'm assuming all these stats are in regards to UPS?
Divide those impressive percentages by 5 for an annual amount and compare it to UPS's percentage of increased profit and it becomes much less impressive.

How's the few remaining freight companies fairing?

Benny boost?
Is this a boost in benefit contributions or actual benefit levels, because mine took a big hit recently in regards to level?

Until this "superior language" actual translates into something tangible; instead of being reintpreted at the state panels, that's all it is, language. ( aka fluff)
How many increased pages can be attributed to the ever expanding drug testing language?

Move the cards around, find the queen if you can, but in the end we are going backwards.
And this is the exact response I expected and the reason I never should have answered. But in for a penny...
1) Of course it's UPS #'s as I thought since on a UPS forum that's where we go.
2) The point was Hoffa's CBA's are on a pct basis better than Carey (the last great reformer)
3) Deregulation and UPS killed freight, not Hoffa.
4) Benefits cost money, lots of money. Hoffa negotiated superior levels from Careys good numbers. Your benny's have not been cut.
5) Drug language pages went up in '97 and has largely stayed the same.
6) Plenty of improved language over the years. Stop playing cards and do a little homework. You'll be surprised.

Last edited:
And this is the exact response I expected and the reason I never should have answered. But in for a penny...
2) The point was Hoffa's CBA's are on a pct basis better than Carey (the last great reformer)
4) Benefits cost money, lots of money. Hoffa negotiated superior levels from Careys good numbers. Your benny's have not been cut.
6) Plenty of improved language over the years. Stop
6) Plenty of improved language over the years. Stop playing cards and do a little homework. You'll be surprised.
Im glad you answered. Hopefully no one pukes a little in there mouth of calls me a brown noser for saying this. If they do oh well.

Irishman Collins

So his great accomplishment is that he negotiated a better contract than Carey? I asked for a real accomplishment not some b.s. numbers shell game? Try again please just give us one "real" accomplishment.

Inthegame

Here's some fluff from one article in the 2002 UPS NMA.
Art 18
Sec 4 seat improvements in pkg cars.
Sec 6 Bldg heat
Sec 6.1 exhaust required to be vented directly outdoors from shops in pkg centers
Sec 11 Additional Pkg car mirrors
Sec 14 Additional Pkg car ventilation, gearshift extensions, and POWER STEERING
Sec 14.1 Inside bulkhead release
Sec 18 3 point seat belts

Inthegame

So his great accomplishment is that he negotiated a better contract than Carey? I asked for a real accomplishment not some b.s. numbers shell game? Try again please just give us one "real" accomplishment.
Contracts junior. More contracts and without a strike.
Still a little short on the comprehension I see. Must have taken too many shots to the head.
Down goes Frazier...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Here's some fluff from one article in the 2002 UPS NMA.
Art 18
Sec 4 seat improvements in pkg cars.
Sec 6 Bldg heat
Sec 6.1 exhaust required to be vented directly outdoors from shops in pkg centers
Sec 11 Additional Pkg car mirrors
Sec 14 Additional Pkg car ventilation, gearshift extensions, and POWER STEERING
Sec 14.1 Inside bulkhead release
Sec 18 3 point seat belts

Now we have come full circle, as none of these improvements are incorporated in the 30+ year old death traps that UPS still has in service daily across the country.

So yes, until those package cars unsafe trucks are laid to rest, it's fluff.

My favorite one you listed isn't in regards to package cars, rather building heat.
You obviously haven't been to a UPS facility in any recent winter?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And these guys think I'm a Hoffa guy.
I still think you are "on the clock" when posting here.

It's one thing to quote contractual language that any good union official would have committed to memory, but some of the figures that flow seemingly effortless, broken down into percentages?

There seems to be some impressive resources at your disposal, ones very few here have the time or inclination to refute.

Hell, I had to wake in the recliner just now and hit the ground running, to just try and keep up.

Oh yea, before I go up to bed...
...my benefits, and many of my co-workers benefits, have for sure been cut.

That is a fact that is verified daily and will only worsen in the form of an annual deductible, at the very least, by the conclusion of this illustrious contract in 2017.

Last edited: