browncafe and google

P

pickup

Interesting! I was on google before researching a passage in Acts of the new testament. A line about Moses having the wisdom of Egypt. I wanted to find the exact verse and chapter listing so I typed into the google search box "moses wisdom of egypt" . Okay I found what I was looking for .

Then I went over to brown cafe and went to the current events forum and looked at the "obama gets heckled out west " thread. As I was doing so , I glanced at the top portion of the page where it has "ads by google" or "google ads" . Here are the four ads I got : 1) Egypt 2)Obama 3)Egypt in Egypt 4)Cairo Egypt Postal.

I supposed I have noticed this sort of thing occuring before, now that I think about it. Boy, google is doing a good job tracking what I am doing.

Maybe this thread doesn't belong in this forum but I can't think of another one that would be more appropriate.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
About

GoogleSharing is a special kind of anonymizing proxy service, designed for a very specific threat. It ultimately aims to provide a level of anonymity that will prevent Google from tracking your searches, movements, and what websites you visit. GoogleSharing is not a full proxy service designed to anonymize all your traffic, but rather something designed exclusively for your communication with Google. Our system is totally transparent, with no special "alternative" websites to visit. Your normal work flow should be exactly the same.
The Basic Problem

Google thrives where privacy does not. If you're like most internet users, Google knows more about you than you might be comfortable with. Whether you were logged in to a Google account or not, they know everything you've ever searched for, what search results you clicked on, what news you read, and every place you've ever gotten directions to. Most of the time, thanks to things like Google Analytics, they even know which websites you visited that you didn't reach through Google. If you use Gmail, they know the content of every email you've ever sent or received, whether you've deleted it or not.
They know who your friends are, where you live, where you work, and where you spend your free time. They know about your health, your love life, and your political leanings. These days they are even branching out into collecting your realtime GPS location and your DNS lookups. In short, not only do they know a lot about what you're doing, they also have significant insight into what you're thinking.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
About

GoogleSharing is a special kind of anonymizing proxy service, designed for a very specific threat. It ultimately aims to provide a level of anonymity that will prevent Google from tracking your searches, movements, and what websites you visit. GoogleSharing is not a full proxy service designed to anonymize all your traffic, but rather something designed exclusively for your communication with Google. Our system is totally transparent, with no special "alternative" websites to visit. Your normal work flow should be exactly the same.
The Basic Problem

Google thrives where privacy does not. If you're like most internet users, Google knows more about you than you might be comfortable with. Whether you were logged in to a Google account or not, they know everything you've ever searched for, what search results you clicked on, what news you read, and every place you've ever gotten directions to. Most of the time, thanks to things like Google Analytics, they even know which websites you visited that you didn't reach through Google. If you use Gmail, they know the content of every email you've ever sent or received, whether you've deleted it or not.
They know who your friends are, where you live, where you work, and where you spend your free time. They know about your health, your love life, and your political leanings. These days they are even branching out into collecting your realtime GPS location and your DNS lookups. In short, not only do they know a lot about what you're doing, they also have significant insight into what you're thinking.
That's almost as how embarassing the video of me is gonna be on judgement day.