Build a mosque...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
NorthJersey.com — A funny thing happened Monday as the Muslim cleric behind the Islamic center near Ground Zero basked in the glow of a diplomatically polite forum at the Council on Foreign Relations in Manhattan.
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, executive director of the Cordoba Initiative, addresses the Council on Foreign Relations Monday. Back in New Jersey, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf was taken to court.
“He’s a slumlord,” Union City, Mayor Brian Stack said.
Rauf may fancy himself as a spiritual leader who dreams of building bridges between religions with a proposed $100 million Islamic center two blocks north of Ground Zero. But his slummy apartment building on Central Avenue in Union City is such a fire trap that the police department has now assigned cops to stand guard round-the-clock until Rauf fixes the fire alarms.
Union City officials slapped him with 17 new code violations on the Central Avenue apartments.

On Friday, PSE&G had shut off the electricity in the hallways. The reason: Rauf failed to pay a bill of almost $5,000, Stack said.

diesel96

You say "if not more?" WOW! I didn't think it was possible to get drunk on that kool-aid you are drinking. You and the rest of the ubers are looking at losing the majority in both the House and the Senate. How in the name of Allah can you make the above statement with a straight face???

Maybe in 50 days you will finally sober-up. People are fed up with the ubers and are willing to take a chance on the other side.

I do find common ground with you on one thing... Everyone in Washington is on the hot-seat. But the three hottest seats are where pelosi, reed, and the one-termer obama sit!

Lifer, re: diesel, desperate times call for desperate measures and desperate statements!!

Losing to these cast of characters.....

Your own Party is ************bricks at the frequency these Beck-Limbaugh-Palin type far right wackos, who keep winning Rep primaries, are running out of RNC baby sitters who need to shield these off the cuff Tea Party Canidates from public scrutiny, rescrambling their web sites, and assisting in damage control on their pasts.....It's well known, the GOP is not comfortable with the shift to the extreme far right..... And you know it, it's in the Tea Leaves....

Last edited by a moderator:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(OneNewsNow)- A cleric of hard-line Muslims has constructed a mosque on a Christian cemetery in Pakistan.
Muslims in Sargodha, Pakistan, were led by a hard-line cleric to construct the mosque at that particular location. It was originally believed the workers were building an addition to the already existing mosque, but the group has been desecrating Christians’ graves. According to the All Pakistan Minorities Alliance (APMA), the government issued an order to halt construction, but building resumed in spite of that.
Jonathan Racho of International Christian Concern (ICC) does not deem this news surprising.
“We know that the Islamic faith is very much aggressive, and Islam expanded over a large part of the world through the use of jihad and the use of force, and they have been using this in many countries, including Pakistan,” he points out.
He adds that Muslims use force to expel or otherwise subdue Christians, which can be carried out by placing a mosque on a Christian cemetery. But even if the Christians were able to go to court and prove wrongdoing, Racho explains that “in this particular case, according to Pakistani laws, no religious place could be demolished.”
So the mosque is there to stay. In addition to this desecration, Muslims have threatened to take action if the Christians challenge them.

diesel96

Guy Who Burned Quran Near Ground Zero On 9/11 Fired From Transit Job

“Mr. Fenton’s public actions violated New Jersey Transit’s code of ethics,” NJ Transit said.
“NJ Transit concluded that Mr. Fenton violated his trust as a state employee and therefore was dismissed.”

Guy Who Burned Quran Near Ground Zero On 9/11 Fired From Transit Job

“Mr. Fenton’s public actions violated New Jersey Transit’s code of ethics,” NJ Transit said.
“NJ Transit concluded that Mr. Fenton violated his trust as a state employee and therefore was dismissed.”
So much for the freedom of expression a.k.a. speech

wkmac

Yeah, I'm so thankful to work at UPS where they wouldn't take such drastic action if I burned a Quran in the workplace. Now if we could only get them to lighten up on other such freedoms of expression as growing a beard, having long hair for males or uncovering tattoos!

Nimnim

The Nim
Yeah, I'm so thankful to work at UPS where they wouldn't take such drastic action if I burned a Quran in the workplace. Now if we could only get them to lighten up on other such freedoms of expression as growing a beard, having long hair for males or uncovering tattoos!

You can do all those things as long as you don't move into PC or feeders. Sadly I'll have to shave and cut my hair if I ever make it into feeders. 6 years running without either, no one would know who I was.

I knew what UPS's policies were on those before I started there and they only pertain while on the job. I don't know if the guy was on the job or not. If he wasn't, I don't see how it is the transit authorities business. They mention a code of ethics and a violation of trust, don't know how that works for them. I can't find anywhere it says he was on the job or in a uniform or IDed himself as a representative of the transit system.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I knew what UPS's policies were on those before I started there and they only pertain while on the job. I don't know if the guy was on the job or not. If he wasn't, I don't see how it is the transit authorities business. They mention a code of ethics and a violation of trust, don't know how that works for them. I can't find anywhere it says he was on the job or in a uniform or IDed himself as a representative of the transit system.
Those guys are all union, if he really was unjustly terminated I suspect he will get his job back in short order.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
bet we don't read about it in the newspaper.
I didn't read about it in the newspaper to begin with, I only know about it because you posted the story. I think whether or not we hear anymore about it probably depends on how it gets handled. If it gets dealt with through union arbitration then you're probably right, but if it goes to the courts and gets dealt with as a first amendment case then we probably will hear about it. Either way I have a hard time believing this guy won't get his job back, assuming he was off duty at the time. If he did it on his lunch break he might be out of luck.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
NorthJersey.com — A funny thing happened Monday as the Muslim cleric behind the Islamic center near Ground Zero basked in the glow of a diplomatically polite forum at the Council on Foreign Relations in Manhattan.
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, executive director of the Cordoba Initiative, addresses the Council on Foreign Relations Monday. Back in New Jersey, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf was taken to court.
“He’s a slumlord,” Union City, Mayor Brian Stack said.
Rauf may fancy himself as a spiritual leader who dreams of building bridges between religions with a proposed $100 million Islamic center two blocks north of Ground Zero. But his slummy apartment building on Central Avenue in Union City is such a fire trap that the police department has now assigned cops to stand guard round-the-clock until Rauf fixes the fire alarms.
Union City officials slapped him with 17 new code violations on the Central Avenue apartments.

On Friday, PSE&G had shut off the electricity in the hallways. The reason: Rauf failed to pay a bill of almost $5,000, Stack said.
Sharif El-Gamal, developer of Ground Zero mosque, evicted from SoHo office for racking up back rent
The developer of the Ground Zero mosque is being bounced from his SoHo office, the Daily News has learned.
Sharif El-Gamal, who runs the real estate firm Soho Properties and is heading the project two blocks from Ground Zero, was slapped with eviction proceedings last month after tallying up $39,000 in back rent, a Manhattan Housing Court filing shows.
The management company that runs 552 Broadway, where El-Gamal leases space, said in the filing that he was warned in July and given until mid-August to pay up.
But when the August deadline passed, management company Royal Crospin Corp. filed the eviction notice.
It's not the first time El-Gamal's company has fallen behind in rent.
Royal Crospin sued Soho Properties last year for nearly $89,000 in back rent. El-Gamal's firm paid $56,000 to settle.
Even before eviction proceedings began, El-Gamal's lease was to expire this Oct. 31.

I didn't read about it in the newspaper to begin with, I only know about it because you posted the story. I think whether or not we hear anymore about it probably depends on how it gets handled. If it gets dealt with through union arbitration then you're probably right, but if it goes to the courts and gets dealt with as a first amendment case then we probably will hear about it. Either way I have a hard time believing this guy won't get his job back, assuming he was off duty at the time. If he did it on his lunch break he might be out of luck.
I agree with your assessment, it will depend on how it is handled.
I was using newspaper more as an all encompassing generic term for the news media.

diesel96

So why do all those Consevatives bad mouth the ACLU ?

Unfortunately, I have to agree, even angry, easliy influenced morons deserves representation when their rights are in question...

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.7379/pub_detail.asp

Ahh...there ways to work around that....Convert to Rastifarian and try to keep the dreads inside the Jiffy Popcorn Headwear....
1185.jpg
and maybe you can lobby for smoking spliefs....:bloodshot:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Because in protecting one person's toes, they step on hundreds of other's toes. You don't protect the rights of one and sacrifice all other's rights. The ACLU does this all the time and I personally don't care for them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am appalled that so many of my friends are against the mosque near Ground Zero. We should allow it in order to promote tolerance.

I also propose that two gay nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque to promote tolerance in the mosque. We could call them "The Turban Cowboy" and "You Mecca Me Hot".

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork and have an open barbeque with pork ribs and across the street a very daring lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret.". And next door in flashing lights open an Adult Toy Shop. I think for the purpose of tolerance we should build accordingly around the Mosque.