Build a mosque...

bbsam

Staff member
I find it symbolic that UPS even recognizes the competition. If UPS were everything they say they are, RPS wouldn't have made it out of the cradle.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The truck traveled down an embankment and ended up in the middle of the Solomon River.​
A Federal Express semi headed to Salina crashed into the Solomon River early Thursday morning.
Kansas Highway Patrol Trooper Scott Walker tells KSAL News the truck was headed west on Interstate 70, bound for Salina. A tire blew out, the driver lost control, and veered into the median near the Solomon River Bridge.
The truck traveled down an embankment and ended up in the middle of the Solomon River.
The driver, 62-year-old Warren Renshaw from Junction City, may have been in the truck for several hours before he was able to swim to shore, and flag down a passing motorist. He was transported to the hospital to be treated for cuts and abrasions, and possible hypothermia.
The truck had earlier in the morning been reported as missing, and was being sought.
The crash may have happened at around 4:30 in the morning. It was reported at around 8:00.

© KSAL News

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't worry, I checked ahead of time to make sure it wasn't a fatal incident.......checked it, that's right, I checked it first.......

Lue C Fur

Evil member
89.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Kinda makes multi-billion dollar high tech laser guided weapon systems seem ridiculous, doesn't it? Unless they are being built in your state and employ thousands of people.

wkmac

Kinda makes multi-billion dollar high tech laser guided weapon systems seem ridiculous, doesn't it? Unless they are being built in your state and employ thousands of people.

And what impact to the local or state economy who doesn't have favored standing on the federal level to obtain such lucrative weapons or any other type federal contract?

Ashame that the very people that scream the loudest about public welfare stand the most silent when it comes to the use of force and violence under the guise of taxation for what amounts to corp. welfare. Oh that's right, they need all these competing and redundant systems so we can be protected from the latest boogie man.

I wonder if the money in the form of taxation and taxes for debt service weren't harvested out of the local economy would mean the impact and pressures that end up becoming public welfare wouldn't be there as well. In this type case, intervention is not a one sided negative impact but has negative impact across the spectrum of the economy. When you kill any single part of the market, there are ripples and then gov't intercedes again in order to keep the whole rigged game going.

Glenn Greenwald via the Washington Post points out a huge monetary consumer of private, individual wealth (mostly the moderate and little guy) and yet in light of these revelations we've heard nothing in the way of objections from the so-called party of the people! But then if you read Glenn's piece he takes a sacred blue state cow to task who's been a huge profiteer off the so-called "common defense" establishment. While you scream about her, you line her pockets at the same time. You are kicking your own arse in effect!

As to the mosque, Justin Raimondo at Antiwar.com had this take on the subject. If you don't like facts and having to think......well you know the drill!
:wink2:

mech1

This is a slap in the face, anyone who belives this mosque is for a place to pray is completely ignorant.Its a place to plan its domanation to show that they beat us,why there they could have built it anywhere in the city.They are building it there to drive that sword in a little deeper,and of course the mayor who touts for the building (by the way how can this guy be a billonaire and be this blind).IT"s amazing I can't say merry chistmas anymore for fear that I might offend somebody, and then you have atheists trying to remove GOD from our lives and our money.But what the hell lets give the terrorists there own place to pray so that they can rub it in a little deeper so that the familys of the 9/11 victims have to walk by the mosque and live the pain all over again.WHAT A SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I know you guys are gonna flame my ass for this, but I call them like I see them.

If the barbaric actions of "Muslim" extremists make it inappropriate to place a mosque near the World Trade Center, then it would follow that the barbaric actions of a "Christian" extremist (Timothy McVeigh) would also make it inappropriate to place a Christian church near the site of the Oklahoma City bombing.

You cant have it both ways, no matter how emotionally convenient it might be.