Build That Wall!!

bbsam

Staff member
"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor".
I do remember republicans insisting that they would force Obama to lead as a Republican.

Seems with these “continuing resolutions” democrats are returning the favor because without a “budget” there will be no more passages by “budget reconciliation”.

vantexan

I do remember republicans insisting that they would force Obama to lead as a Republican.

Seems with these “continuing resolutions” democrats are returning the favor because without a “budget” there will be no more passages by “budget reconciliation”.
And they fell into Trump's trap. The continuing resolutions gave the Dems leverage to prevent building a wall, etc. When was the last time an actual budget was passed? So the Repubs gave them a big spending budget that gave the Dems pretty much all they wanted as long as they got the military spending. Hardly anything for a wall. Dems pounced on it and surprise! They may have been swimming in the Swamp for awhile, but Trump became a billionaire negotiating in the NYC real estate market and other well known enterprises.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm more familiar with Leibniz's genius in Integral calculus ... his formula for 2nd and 3rd derivatives offers a visual insight into math.
Almost as good as the image of 4 apples + 2 apples = 6 apples.

addition-presentation-power-point-8-728.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
I'm more familiar with Leibniz's genius in Integral calculus ... his formula for 2nd and 3rd derivatives offers a visual insight into math.
Almost as good as the image of 4 apples + 2 apples = 6 apples.

addition-presentation-power-point-8-728.jpg
Can you explain non Euclidean geometry to me? That blows my mind.

bbsam

Staff member
And they fell into Trump's trap. The continuing resolutions gave the Dems leverage to prevent building a wall, etc. When was the last time an actual budget was passed? So the Repubs gave them a big spending budget that gave the Dems pretty much all they wanted as long as they got the military spending. Hardly anything for a wall. Dems pounced on it and surprise! They may have been swimming in the Swamp for awhile, but Trump became a billionaire negotiating in the NYC real estate market and other well known enterprises.
Already spinning a failed presidency.

BrownArmy

When the Democrats controlled everything, it was the Democrats’ fault.

Now that the Republicans control everything, it’s...the Democrats fault?

vantexan

When the Democrats controlled everything, it was the Democrats’ fault.

Now that the Republicans control everything, it’s...the Democrats fault?
It's not about assigning blame. The Republicans don't have a big enough majority in the Senate to get everything passed. The Dems are using that to their advantage to hold up everything they can. Took some gamesmanship on Trump's part to get what he needed for the wall. If it had been clearly spelled out in the budget it would've never passed.

vantexan

don't fall into their trap trumps got one year down and 7 to go. Trump has plenty of time to work that side of the financing.
He may come up with a tariff or similar, but highly doubtful the Mexicans are going to just hand the money over. Possibly stop remittances until they pay up, still doubtful.