Bumped

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well management has yet to inform me but come Monday I'll be bumped off my route. Just curious what the exact rules are on bumping someone and does is differ from local to local? I sure am glad I'm not in a center that bids every year. Guess its back to vacation coverage and something different everyday for me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Every supplement is different. Details such as is the route you're on "unassigned" aka "training route" or is it a bid? Is the person bumping just "comin off his route" or did they permenantly get rid of his? Is his route cut one day and put in the next? Details would help.

Brownslave688

I have a bid route. The guy that is bumping me delivers a bulk stop for about 4-5 hours in the morn then runs junk afterwards. This bulk stop is now being put on pallets and his route eliminated.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm thinking since his route was a bid route and is now being permantly dismantled he has the right to bump any lesser senority bid driver of their route. It will continue to roll downhill until the last person is now swinging(FT driver covering days off) Least thats how it reads in my supplement.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have a bid route. The guy that is bumping me delivers a bulk stop for about 4-5 hours in the morn then runs junk afterwards. This bulk stop is now being put on pallets and his route eliminated.

Out of curiosity what stop is it that takes 4hours to unload?? Would it be a business that we would know?? Sorry about your route but maybe if some of your work goes to other routes within the loop(s) then you can follow the work.

Indecisi0n

Out of curiosity what stop is it that takes 4hours to unload?? Would it be a business that we would know?? Sorry about your route but maybe if some of your work goes to other routes within the loop(s) then you can follow the work.

It's normally like 2-3 bulk business stops in one truck. Then return to shop and pickup a second truck with house stops to finish off day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You should be able to bump any driver on a bid route with less seniority then you. Or sit back and wait for this latest mgmnt move to implode and things to go back the way they were.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That does not necessarily mean he has the right to bump you off your bid. You need to talk to your steward as soon as possible. What area of the country are you in?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You should be able to bump any driver on a bid route with less seniority then you. Or sit back and wait for this latest mgmnt move to implode and things to go back the way they were.
That is NOT the case in Western States. A senior driver cannot bid any lower driver that has a bid rte. The driver whose rte is being dissolved has the right to follow the majority of the work and a new bid would be between the routes that are affected. No other rte.

Brownslave688

Ok I'll go into some detail here and see if helps anyone out. I am low man that has a bid route the guy bumping me is one spot above me so I'm the only one below with a route. I'm in Missouri not the western states but do have language about 50% of route and following.

Now about his route he starts at 7:30. Comes in grabs 3 diads 2 for the bulk stop 1 for the rest of his route. He drives the package car with his resi stops to the bulk stop. Sometime earlier a feeder has dropped off a trailer full of packages for the bulk stop. The driver then scans and unloads all the packages. When he is close to done he calls the center for a 2nd trailer and a feeder drops off the second trailer and picks up the first. After finishing the bulk stop he delivers whatever junk resi they have given him for the day. Now the bulk stop is going to be loaded on pallets and wrapped. I have no idea how the delivery of it will work now but because this is over 50% of his route and it's being eliminated I assume he can bump me?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What will happen is the preload will scan the packages, build the pallets, shrink wrap them and the feeder driver will drop off the pallets, get a signature and the receiver will then break down the pallets. This makes a lot more sense than what is being done now.

Yes he can bump you.

What'dyabringmetoday???

What will happen is the preload will scan the packages, build the pallets, shrink wrap them and the feeder driver will drop off the pallets, get a signature and the receiver will then break down the pallets. This makes a lot more sense than what is being done now.

Yes he can bump you.
By saying it "makes a lot more sense" you are, of course, siding with management with yet another job cutting measure. No?

Cementups

Box Monkey

Yes he can bump you.

By saying it "makes a lot more sense" you are, of course, siding with management with yet another job cutting measure. No?

It's called Logistics.