Bumping question

can a bid route driver bump a non bid route driver. My understanding is once you bid a route that’s your route everyday and you can no longer jump around like a cover or non bid driver. Is that true and if so what are the exceptions to that rule

That’s what I thought but came here to double check. Do you know if there are exceptions to the rule? I was told if they were going to have a half day (like on a junk/bulk route) then a route driver could bump

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
can a bid route driver bump a non bid route driver. My understanding is once you bid a route that’s your route everyday and you can no longer jump around like a cover or non bid driver. Is that true and if so what are the exceptions to that rule

No you bid a route you run it until you unbid it or bumped off of it

Call your BA this is an easy fix

Indecisi0n

That’s what I thought but came here to double check. Do you know if there are exceptions to the rule? I was told if they were going to have a half day (like on a junk/bulk route) then a route driver could bump
There are no exceptions to the rule . It's just bad management and driver adequate . Speak up in shop if nothing changes go to your BA

542thruNthru

What region are you under? Do you have a local rider?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Well I guess they can technically bump a non bid route driver if their route is cut out completely. Otherwise, no.
only cover drivers

There are exceptions. A few actually.
YES, Only if your shop steward really want to test his game!!
vqoqid3gjdv57ygo71wtve5gvvb.jpg

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
ask your BA , why he should allowed this to happen , he get extra pension by the local when he retired, ask him why * like this happen on your center!!

Last edited by a moderator:

542thruNthru

I already a

this is when I was told if its a half day junk route then a bid route driver could take it

Again knowing what area and if you have a local rider would help. Your contract may have language about this.

If the driver has a route and is bumping someone to get a half day, no I would say he can't do that. Only reason I could see him bumping is if the half day route is 50% of his work.