Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Bumping

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UrFellowUpser, Nov 13, 2018.

1. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Active Member

How do i go about bumping a lower seniority driver off a route when im a extra? Do i say get off the route itch im taking over or do i have to go to management?

2. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

Go to whichever supervisor is in charge of scheduling and tell him you're going to bump such person off the route. If he refuses to allow you to work, then get a steward present and tell him again. If he says no, take your paid day off and enjoy.

3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

Dueling pistols in the parking lot.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

Are you a bid driver ? You can follow your work if a certain percentage is on it. Otherwise your sol.

5. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

ill say get ur steward straight up and tell them you want to do that route and period.

6. Future

Future Victory Ride

This

7. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Make backhanded deals with management.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. UrFellowUpser

Only reason i asked because my on car supervisor said that i shouldn't be doing this junk work that i was doing today, and if it was him he'll bump one of these lower seniority drivers and make them do the junk work like running around delivering bulk and delivering misloads and such like i did today. I just need to figure out who be doing this scheduling thing.

9. UrFellowUpser

No im a cover

10. BakerMayfield2018

Check with your local but unless you are like top dog your gonna be doing what ever they tell you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

You're complaining about doing cleanup work? Dude, those are the easy days. Sure, you drive a lot and sometimes it's a lot of pieces, but if you take your sweet time and take a meal, you can drag it out the whole day.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Big Package

Big Package The Smuggle is Real

It sounds like "junk work" means "more work" that they're gonna dump on you for being so eager. Then the new people get monkey work.

13. UrFellowUpser

I could've ran like 6 different routes today from bid drivers but this one sup was adamant about me running bulk and whatnot. I mean it was some easy money and acutally got 10hrs today but that one sup should've let me run one of the many bid drivers routes that i knew.

14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

You have to send in the request by certified mail.

15. Wilson1397

Wilson1397 Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

And don’t forget to get it notarized

16. UrFellowUpser

I mainly ran stops off like 4 drivers to keep them under 9.5 and ran some misloads.

17. BakerMayfield2018

Your a 22.4

18. UrFellowUpser

Acutally im not I've been a FT cover almost 3 yrs now

19. BakerMayfield2018

Now your 22.4.

20. UrFellowUpser

F outta here how so? I qualified way before that mess and they usually schedule me on a different route everyday of the week. Me being a extra and running bulk is actually very rare. I cannot even count on my hands how many times i been a extra this year