Burn

wornoutupser

I was told that the Lake Wales building had a P-12 catch fire onroad this week. I was told that it was rules that insulation caught on fire in the engine compartment.

The driver complained that the fire extinguisher did not put out the fire............

17. Remember! You must clock out for lunch while the vehicle is burning.
OH NAY NAY...I take my lunch at MY convenience.

A guy that was covering for me while I had been covering for another driver had the POS P7 catch-a-far out in the boonies. He used up his fire extinguisher quickly and an employee from the stop he was on the way to stopped and used his, no help. The truck pretty much melted to the ground. The other good thing was the timing, far enough from town that the FD was no help yet he had not gotten to the Propane distribution plant that was his next stop.

Ms.PacMan

I had a pick-up acct. about 8 years ago who were notified by UPS that a package they had shipped had been destroyed in a vehicle fire. The letter said there was nothing further they had to do.

A few weeks later they received another letter from UPS stating their damage claim had been denied because they had failed to use enough packing to prevent damage! :surprised:

That's when I heard about it. She was walking towards me waving 2 letters when I came in for her pick-up that day and in a screeching voice was shouting, how am I supposed to pack a box to prevent fire damage?!

I took copies of both letters back to the center and they got the claim resolved.

I believe there is humour to be found in the irony...of a company that claims to put safety first while at the same time making a business decision to dispatch its employees in dangerous, obsolete equipment that was intentionally designed to injure them and force them into early retirement.

Too bad for the packages, but the P-800 burning up? GOOD. One less life-endangering piece of crap to deal with on the highway.

Let's address the situation instead of making accusations: First we have a driver that is probably out of sorts (I know I would be). Second, we have a lot of customers that are not happy. Third, We have a vehicle out of service. We don't know what caused the fire! Now that's the story...but no, you make accusations that UPS intentionally designed P-800's to injure employees and force them into early retirement. You want to see a real rag to drive..in 1972 I was driving a 1946 p-400. I was overjoyed the next year to get a p-600. Then eventually a p-800 which was really top of the line at that time. When new vehicles come out they are usually better than the ones they replace. But, to make a rash statement that the company wants to injure employees: Where's the facts! By the way I'm retired and wasn't forced into it.

sdf6hr2

poster80884759.jpg

keep in mind, those hot dogs will $2.50 each... in order to raise money for United Way

Tiny Panda

Whats the deal with the P800's being pieces of crap?? The trucks we have here in the UK are all the same size and are actually based on the P800 albeit Mercedes underneath.

klein

Für Meno :)
Whats the deal with the P800's being pieces of crap?? The trucks we have here in the UK are all the same size and are actually based on the P800 albeit Mercedes underneath.

Ours have nothing to do with Mercedes.
I doubt they would be legal there !

evilleace

The 800's over here are almost 30 yrs old don't have any power steering, a manual transmission, and a step that feels like you are stepping out of one of the feeder drivers tractors.

Ms Spoken

Let's address the situation instead of making accusations: First we have a driver that is probably out of sorts (I know I would be). Second, we have a lot of customers that are not happy. Third, We have a vehicle out of service. We don't know what caused the fire! Now that's the story...but no, you make accusations that UPS intentionally designed P-800's to injure employees and force them into early retirement. You want to see a real rag to drive..in 1972 I was driving a 1946 p-400. I was overjoyed the next year to get a p-600. Then eventually a p-800 which was really top of the line at that time. When new vehicles come out they are usually better than the ones they replace. But, to make a rash statement that the company wants to injure employees: Where's the facts! By the way I'm retired and wasn't forced into it.

I would pay good money to watch my pkg burn up in old P8. I might even offer my driver a cold drink and chair and have my family come out and watch.
My knees are shot because of P-800 so I say let the fire burn baby.

Big Babooba

Oh forgive me Deep Purple!:whiteflag:

We all just left the center
In the morning around 9
To deliver packages in our 1000s
We didn’t have much time
Poor old P1000
Had a half a million miles

But the engine spit and sputtered
Burned the truck to the ground
Smoke from the dashboard, fire in the truck
Smoke from the dashboard