Burned option day.

hexmurph

Here in DFW, they are burning them for covid, we have had dozens out for 5+ days with covid and option days are nearly gone.

Management on the other hand does not loose D days

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
When you call, tell them what you’re coding as for the day. It’s worked for me every time. I either say I’m taking a paid sick day or a no pay sick day. It’s my leave, I earned it, I choose how to use it within the rules. Just don’t go over 5 in 9 months, pretty reasonable to be honest especially with FMLA there for bigger problems. Everybody deserves/needs a mental health day every once in a while, can’t give your whole life to your job. And even though some people seem to stay healthy no matter what they do, MOST people DO get sick every once in a while

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
When you call, tell them what you’re coding as for the day. It’s worked for me every time. I either say I’m taking a paid sick day or a no pay sick day. It’s my leave, I earned it, I choose how to use it within the rules. Just don’t go over 5 in 9 months, pretty reasonable to be honest especially with FMLA there for bigger problems. Everybody deserves/needs a mental health day every once in a while, can’t give your whole life to your job. And even though some people seem to stay healthy no matter what they do, MOST people DO get sick every once in a while
0454459B-3F6D-4917-98B1-EE77DB3F8440.gif

Karma...

@DelicateDipper

The above is excellent advice. Don’t wait. Your supervisor or manager can easily still access and change your time card for Monday 1/17. The other thing I’d suggest, before you have that conversation, is that you quickly familiarize yourself with that section of your contract in Florida. You can access a digital searchable copy of your contracts through the UPS Rising app. In my area “personal days“ have to be mutually agreed upon by the company and the employee. If you aren’t satisfied with managements response then I’d suggest talking with your steward.
great advice based on the key phrase mutually agreed......should be an easy fix...

Steamer

A real RPCD would get to work any way possible. :chaseups:

Attachments

• Hillsound-Super-Armadillo-Nano-Gaiters-Faber-bear-paws.jpg
    Hillsound-Super-Armadillo-Nano-Gaiters-Faber-bear-paws.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 72

AKCoverMan

Unless your local has some really bad language in it there should be no way your forced to burn an option day for an unscheduled call off. It’s either sick if your sick, or called in (no pay) for anything else. Sometimes they let you use sick time for other stuff.. contractually they don’t have to.. but option days are meant to be scheduled in advance. If you really want to save it and they paid it out, file a grieve. You’ll get -8.00 hours on a future paycheck but you’ll get an option day back in your bank.

They hoping you will just gripe on BC and go along with it so they don’t have to deal with scheduling your option day later.