Bush Asking For Increased Military Powers?

D

dannyboy

Susie

Bush cant win with people like you. No matter what he does, it is wrong according to you. He didnt use the military fast enough or fully enough for you, and now that possibly millions could die instead of less than a thousand, and you want to give him grief?

Get a life. Perfect he is not, but try he does.

d

S

susiedriver

Martial law?

George Bush: "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long I'm the dictator." December 18, 2000

D

ddomino

If the flu came to Washington DC would he be quarantined? Of course not. He would then tell us how much more important it is for him to be able to try and run the country, than the possibilty that he could spread the flu.

I thought Republicans were for less Government, less spending, and more tax cuts. He may be giving tax cuts, but our children, grand, great, and maybe great-great grand children will still be paying for what Mr. Bush has done over the past five years, and the three still to come.

"Perfect he is not" A hughly true statement.
"But try he does" only if he is trying to be a perfect a hole.

D

dannyboy

susie

Put it into the proper context of the conversation. You can take clips of conversation and come away with all sorts of misinformation.

d

W

wkmac

I thought Republicans were for less Government, less spending......

Many people thought that as far back as the very early 1980's and as time has gone on more and more are waking up to the reality this is not the case. I voted for neither Bush or Gore but looking back in the 90's, Clinton when empowered with his party controlling both houses of Congress was in effect headed in a running amuck direction. It was the minority republicans who stonewalled and blocked this triangulated aliance of achieving it's goals. In 94' the republicans mucked up the works with the turnover of control on the Congress to the republicans and for the remainer of Clinton's tenure as President we had a divided gov't (something to think about in the years ahead)and we also had to very good days too. It wasn't perfect but life was not to bad either. I think the republicans had one snaffu in the attempted impeachment but I also truly believe they knew removing Clinton was not going to happen and the only thing they were out for was to scar the democrats enough 2 years out from an upcoming Presidental election. The impeachment was about that not getting rid of Clinton. Any sitting President is a do nothing their last 2 years anyway so Clinton posed no threat at all other than to be an effective campaigner in the 2000' elections. The impeachment was to remove that potential which in some ways it did.

Bush has proved to be such a big spender I'm surprised he hasn't got with Hillary and re-energized her healthcare plans but then again Newt Gingrich has done that for him. Our healthcare system is broke, no argument here, but these clowns aren't the ones to fix it. The republicans have turned out to be as big a Statist as any democrat and one could argue they are even bigger. Ironic when you are so irresponsible that even Fat Boy Ted Kenneday is talking fiscal responsibility but give Teddy the Congress and the White House and he'd roll over like a kinky whore staving for some backdoor action.

Only the most blind loyal partisan will defend the current leadership as it pertains to the size and scope of gov't. More and more people from both sides of the political spectrum are beginning to wake up and realize we've been had and they are coming together more and more with the realization that less from Washington is really a good thing and that locally many good things can and will emerge if the Big Boys will just get out of our way. Read recently where 9 states in the northeast agreed to impose on themselves environmental standards that Washington has for years kicked around like an empty Coke can. I suspect you'll see the states do more and more of this and IMO this is a good thing. Leave Washington in the dust and make them irrelevant.

Many here have expressed a need for a larger presence of federal power in many areas and they believe the larger presence keeps down the threat of business controlling so many aspects of our lives and keeps a balanced field for the little guy. As many know I'm totally opposed to that thinking and below is just several good examples of exactly why I think that way. I don't expect you to come to my way of thinking on this based on what is below but if I can rattle your comfortable cages then I'm satisfied with that as well. Just as an aside, just because no democrats by name aren't mentioned don't get the idea they will save us either. Start looking and you will find just as much dirt on that side too!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi45.html

S

susiedriver

Okay dBoy, once is a joke, but over & over?:

#1 It would be a heck of a lot easier to be a dictator than work in a democracy. (1996 - referenced in J.H. Hatfield's "Fortunate Son", when Dubya was governor of Texas - date unknown)

#2 You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier. (Jul. 1, 1998)

#3 If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier... just so long as I'm the dictator. (shortly after his contentious victory in the Supreme Court that resulted in his becoming president - Dec. 18, 2000)

#4 A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. (Jul. 26, 2001)

#5 It's not a dictatorship in Washington, but I tried to make it one in that instance. We are beginning to see some success in opening up federal coffers for faith-based programs. (Jan. 15, 2004)

W

wkmac

This would a hoot if it were not that people were suffering as a result of this kind of lunacy. Not only the suffering but think of the money wasted. I heard one figure that FEMA has blown over $100 mil with ice alone with this kind of lunacy where drivers are told to let it melt and turn around and go get more. As farfetched as $100 mil may sound I actually believe it when you consider this same stupidity at the federal level also pays $700 for a hammer and $1000 for a toilet seat. And you want me to trust this bunch with my social security, medical needs, etc.? Yeah Right!

D

ddomino

Hey WKMAC do you think Martrac or UPS Logistics, as its now called, got a piece of that pie?

D

dannyboy

"Things will be better soon:
President for life "

Now why would a bunch of Dems want to repeal the 22nd? Could it be that your Wild Bill then will be allowed to run again for the top office?

d

S

susiedriver

dBoy, I heard a speech by your native son, Al Gore, yesterday. Granted, he is as stiff as a board, but if he runs, I would support him. We would be so much better off today, IMO, if he was president.

Like I've said before, I think the POTUS should be smarter than me. GWB may be smarter than you, but I think I have him beat.

Why don't you spend your break just relaxing, playing with the kids, talking to your wife? Do you like talking to me that much?

S

susiedriver

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/10_october/06/bush.shtml

President George W. Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq " And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"