Business casual every day for females?

JustTired

free at last.......
:lol::lol::lol:

Now for the next several days everytime I see a management person I'll have this mental image of them in a pig suit and it's all your fault!
:thumbup1:
IMG_19781.jpg

JustTired

free at last.......
JustTired, did that pic come from a Pink Floyd Concert? Just wondering, I had a flashback.:thumbup1:

Sort of. A tribute band. The Pink Floyd Experience. Very good. Highly recomend them, if you ever get the chance. (Tip: Take your earplugs-very loud)

wkmac

Just Tired,
Where'd the attachment go?

I watched an Australian Pink Floyd tribute band on TV last night and to my delightful surprise they performed Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun! Now if they'd only perform Careful With That Axe Eugene and Echoes!

Saw Floyd 3 times in 72', 73' and 75' but lost interest in the band after Wish You Were Here. Still love and listen to their older Pre-Darkside of the Moon material. In fact, think I'll listen to Atom Heart Mother on the way to work.

JustTired

free at last.......
Just Tired,
Where'd the attachment go?

It's still there!

I watched an Australian Pink Floyd tribute band on TV last night and to my delightful surprise they performed Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun! Now if they'd only perform Careful With That Axe Eugene and Echoes!

I believe they did 'set the controls' also. How about "Several small species of furry animals grooving with a pict"(sp).

Saw Floyd 3 times in 72', 73' and 75' but lost interest in the band after Wish You Were Here. Still love and listen to their older Pre-Darkside of the Moon material. In fact, think I'll listen to Atom Heart Mother on the way to work.

I like all of their stuff. My least favorite is The Wall, although there is some nice stuff on it, too. (Comfortably Numb, for one)

Division Bell is really nice.

If you google Pink Floyd Experience, it should lead you to the bands website. It should show where and when they're playing. It might have some soundbites also. Definitely worth seeing if you get the chance.

wkmac

It's still there!

I believe they did 'set the controls' also. How about "Several small species of furry animals grooving with a pict"(sp).

I like all of their stuff. My least favorite is The Wall, although there is some nice stuff on it, too. (Comfortably Numb, for one)

Division Bell is really nice.

If you google Pink Floyd Experience, it should lead you to the bands website. It should show where and when they're playing. It might have some soundbites also. Definitely worth seeing if you get the chance.

For some reason on my computer the link is missing. Oh well.

You mean, Several Small Species of Furry Creatures Gathered Together in a Cave Groovin With A Pict? Got to be the longest title of a song (if you can call it that) I've ever seen. :laugh: Actually the concept is sound experimentation using various tape loops played backwards and through modified waveforms using very old analog technology of the day. Ummagumma is an awesome album with it's mixture of live and studio material and was very cutting edge for it's day. Man did we play the crap out of that album back in the day.

Check out YouTube for lots of old video footage of early Floyd and if you are interested in a 90's band very influenced by the spacey sounds of early Floyd, check out a British prog/metal/rock band by the name of Porcupine Tree. A good place to start is with an album entitled "The Sky Moves Sideways." Very melodic and spacey type music like Floyd but at the same time it's own personality.

dammor

This thread has been intertaining to say the least.

Ya'll went from Bite Me IE guy to Several Small Species of Furry Creatures Gathered Together in a Cave Groovin With a Pict.

What are ya'll smoking? Too funny.......

JustTired

free at last.......
This thread has been intertaining to say the least.

Ya'll went from Bite Me IE guy to Several Small Species of Furry Creatures Gathered Together in a Cave Groovin With a Pict.

What are ya'll smoking? Too funny.......

Never did anything like that. You can check my UPS application if you don't believe me!:wink:

wkmac

Never did anything like that. You can check my UPS application if you don't believe me!:wink:

Hell I did! :lol: But before you anti-drug warriors sharpen your spears, that was something I left in the 70's.

Funny that in seeing PF on 3 different occassions I was so interested in what they did musically on stage, I never partook of chemical recreation at any of their shows. Same was true of early Genesis, Yes, ELP, King Crimson and several other bands.

Harry Manback,

Thanks for the PF Slip as I've heard of them before. As for Darkside of Oz or as we call it Darkside of the Rainbow, I always thought it was urban legend until about a year ago my kids heard of it and wanted to try it so we did and OH MY GAWD! If you ever want to try it, put on the Wizard of Oz and in the opening where the MGM lion roars, on the 2nd roar start Darkside of the Moon. I've got a DSOTM master but there are some cheaper version CD's that have cut some of the voicing effects and this effects your tracking to sequence the movie to the music. It takes 2 1/2 plays through the CD to do the whole movie and the 2nd and 3rd replays can be tricky to sequence.

If you have it tracked in just right, you'll know it. One of the best is the scene where Dorothy opens the house door when she gets to the land of Oz and you see all the bright colors and that famous path of Gold. If you are on track, the moment that door opens are the sounds of the cash register in the opening of Money. One of my absolute favors is when Dorothy meets the scarecrow and when he begins his dance (on the grass) the song Brain Damage starts and the vocals are "the lunatics are on the grass!" We just fell out the first time we saw that one. And lastly when Dorothy wakes up back home, the vocals from Breathe of, "Home, Home Again!" Lots of stuff like this through out.

As I said, I thought for years it was pure fantasy and legend but it does work!

I often wonder who and what drugs were involved that someone was able to figure out Darkside of the Rainbow.
:lol:

dammor,
Yeah you are right but sometimes just talking UPS, the union, apwa, "my manager SUKS", Why can't I take my lunch, etc. etc. just gets flat boring as hell and we just need a break. Even if it is stupid or full of nonsense. Some here like myself grew up with PF and I'm sure a lot didn't as well and find this whole thread useless and a waste of neural space. I'm cool with that. In the end however I do think it's better use than listening to someone who parks their butt at a desk all day complain about their tie causing them discomfort.

I'd like for him to come out and spend a 100 degree day with me and I'll even give him some music. I'll sing him that Eddie Arnold great, "Welcome to My World!" But sounds to me like he's singing "Make the World Go Away!"

Yeah I do listen to other music than Pink Floyd.
:wink:

HazMatMan

This post is a question regarding inside (office) employees...

As a male that has to wear a suit and tie in 100 degree weather I was just wondering when it became business casual every day for female supervisors and managers. It seems to me that there's a serious double-standard happening here. I'm wondering if I'm the only one that feels this way.

Where is this 100 degree weather you are talking about?? certainly not in the offices!!

JustTired

free at last.......
Same was true of early Genesis, Yes, ELP, King Crimson and several other bands.

Big fan of King Crimson, Yes and early Genesis (Peter Gabriel days and a little beyond). Also a big Camel fan. Not the Framptons Camel thing.

Don't have any cds of Porcupine Tree, but do have a couple of cuts off a compilation a friend made for me. Good Stuff! Ever hear of the Flower Kings? Nice weird stuff.

Other favorites include:
Barclay James Harvest, Moody Blues, Klaatu, UK, PFM, FM and many more.

Boy, we sure hijacked this thread. But I'm enjoying it.

wkmac

Big fan of King Crimson, Yes and early Genesis (Peter Gabriel days and a little beyond). Also a big Camel fan. Not the Framptons Camel thing.

Don't have any cds of Porcupine Tree, but do have a couple of cuts off a compilation a friend made for me. Good Stuff! Ever hear of the Flower Kings? Nice weird stuff.

Other favorites include:

Hey, I'm enjoying this too. Yeah I've heard of Flower Kings and also PFM and I'm a huge Eddie Jobson fan and UK. Another band of the 70's Prog scene I really liked was Renaissance. Not only did I enjoy Annie Haslam 5 Octave voice but their combination of rock and classical music and one of the best bass players in Jon Camp. Jon basically played a bass lead for lack of better description.

Camel and Andy Latimer, oh yeah. That whole Canterbury music scene produced some of the best music with bands like Camel and Soft Machine. Being from the south we also were into the Dregs and Steve Morse.

As Prog died out or went back underground in the latter 70's I delved back into classical as well as jazz and a lot of electronica like Tangerine Dream. But in the 90' in Europe there has been a resurgence of prog that I've really enjoyed and some here in the States as well. Djam Karat and Ozzric Tentacles are a couple of bands as well as Nebelnest from France. On the metal side having also grown up in the earliest of days with Black Sabbath, I've enjoyed a number of progressive metal bands like Dream Theater. Another fav of mine is the Swedish Death Metal band Opeth who have since 2001' incorporated progressive styles within their music and of course used the always haunting sound of a mellotron. It took a bit for me to get use to the death growls but once I realized the tension/release, dark to light concepts as vocally they went from death growls to clean vocals (ying/yang) I began to appreciate the voice more as a type of heavy distorted instrument rather than the nonsense I was thinking the first time I heard it.

My kids are musicians and my 16 year old daughter is a pure shredder on guitar. Has no problem playing Metallica's Master of Puppets which IMO is a very progressive piece to Bach's Tocatta and Fuque in D. She is very much into Symphonic Metal in bands like Epica, Nightwish and more goth metal like Lucuna Coil and Evanessance. Her hero on guitar however are Kirk Hammett, John Petrucci of Dream Theater and Joe Satrianni. She also like Al Dimeola and being she plays a Gibson Les Paul her alltime hero is Les Paul himself. She also plays Clarinet in a symphony orchestra and who performed Mussorgsky's Pictures At an Exhibition (all 10 movements) last year and being an ELP fan, I was in pure music heaven as you might guess. She also plays the bass guitar in a jazz ensemble and has done studio work on bass for a local music CD effort. She likes about all music except hip-hop and most pop. As she sez, it's 4 chord garbage with a boring time signature. Ah the bighead of a true progger! I raised her right.
:lol::lol::lol:

We really love music in this house and I've enjoyed it all my life. I like anything from the Bigband sound to Swedish Death Metal. One moment I'm listening to Benny Goodman and the next it's Opeth's Damnation or I might be listening to Ricky Skaggs or Allison Krause who's just awesome IMO. BTW: Allison and Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin are doing a CD together. I'm looking forward to it.

When it comes to music, hijack away. Any thread you want and I'm there! All this other stuff across the board is really total BS anyway but now music is all in a league of it's own!
:wink:

Awesome talking music at ya Just Tired.

HazMatMan

Other favorites include:

Wow!! I thought I was the only one who ever heard of King Crimson...

DorkHead

Is any other package driver seeing the humor in this post? While some are worried about how fancypants they have to dress the ground pounder delivery person is running their arse off in a 150 degree hot dark brown truck that hasn't been washed in 2 months.

And polyester shirts that feel like your wrapped in plastic. Why isn`t the polo shirt available anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JustTired

free at last.......
wkmac

Have most of the Renaissance cds. Very good. Got me thinking about Fireballet, Seventh Wave and Triumvirat.

I play bass in a classic rock band. We are on sort of a hiatus at the moment. Play a lot of Stones, Moody Blues, Beatles, etc. Our keyboard player used to have a mellotron. Bought it new back in the early 70s. He has since sold it and now has the definitive mellotron and chamberlain library sampled into his Emu. Can't tell the difference and more reliable on the road. One of my favorite instruments. He has a solo "new age" career and has a couple of cds out that draw worldwide critical acclaim. He has been featured on "Music From the Hearts of Space", an NPR program on Sunday nights. Quite talented and self taught (as we all are). All of us (except one) played together in the late 60s early 70s, then life happened. It has been a joy to do it all again and a much needed break from the trials and tribulations of everyday life.

Seems we have very similar tastes in music as I enjoy listening to "In the Mood" as much as "Court of the Crimson King", "Night on bald Mountain" as much as "19th Nervous Breakdown" , "Clare de Lune" as much as "Heart of the Sunrise". And the list goes on......

dudebro

Hey, for hourlies, you guys are alright:wink:
I am a huge fan of King Crimson, both the early days, the middle period marked by the Red album, and especially the 81-84 lineup that produced Discipline, Beat, and Three of a Perfect Pair. Managed to see those guys in one of those concerts on the pier on the westside of Manhattan back in 84.

JustTired

free at last.......
I am a huge fan of King Crimson, both the early days, the middle period marked by the Red album, and especially the 81-84 lineup that produced Discipline, Beat, and Three of a Perfect Pair. Managed to see those guys in one of those concerts on the pier on the westside of Manhattan back in 84.

Cool. Nothing like sitting back, relaxing, and listening to Catfood or 21st Century Schizoid Man.:laugh:

HazMatMan

NO WAY!!!! I was there too. and what was across the street from that pier??? UPS. lol. Who would have thought, 4 years after seeing that concert in 84 being a sophomore in high school that i'd be working for UPS. Been there ever since...That pier is no longer there for concerts, they built like a little park there or something...Also saw Utopia at that pier..