Business stops?

janedoe

Hi! I've been loading package cars for about 1 month so I don't 100% have everything down. My driver told me he is going to be heavy on Monday and asked me to do him a favor. The problem is I was multitasking and did not really catch everything he said.

He wanted his business stops to stay together, residential to be compacted in the middle (and dropped down if need be), and then something about the back being lifted onto the shelves. Does this make sense?

What numbers are the business stops vs residential and are FLOOR 1,2,3,4 all business or residential?

Sorry if this is long, I just wanted to do what he asked. Thank you!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hi! I've been loading package cars for about 1 month so I don't 100% have everything down. My driver told me he is going to be heavy on Monday and asked me to do him a favor. The problem is I was multitasking and did not really catch everything he said.

He wanted his business stops to stay together, residential to be compacted in the middle (and dropped down if need be), and then something about the back being lifted onto the shelves. Does this make sense?

What numbers are the business stops vs residential and are FLOOR 1,2,3,4 all business or residential?

Driver should have written it down if he/she really needed it.
Load it by chart if you cannot contact driver through center.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Dont worry bout it, they dont train the loaders right anyway, just keeping loading it the STEVIE WONDER way they train the loaders lol. Thats all they do is DUMB DOWN the job nowadays anyway, not your fault so not taking a shot at ya at all, just the way it is. They dont train loaders to use their brain or commonsense any more.

MendozaJ

Generally, 99% of the floor sections are commercial. The other numbers will be either or. Refer to the bulk sheet for drops.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

You don't have time to provide a custom load for this driver.
Just get the packages loaded correctly by the PAL labels, with no misloads.

The driver can set it up by his preference on area.
Not your job.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Not your job.
There is no correct way to load the trucks cause the DOLS in the truck are freaked up anyway. Like i said their DUMBING DOWN the job nowadays. Alot of drivers dont even run the route by the DOL anyway cause these JERKNUTTZ screw up the DOLS everyday anyway lol.

MendozaJ

Not your job.

It is absolutely your job to keep drops together. So what do you do with a 50 package drop labeled 5000?

AllOnTheHorses

How many trucks do you load? Just curious.. they started us on 4, after a week of 1.
It doesn't matter really. It's not your job to custom load. If later on when you know the truck and stops, it gets easier to do a driver a favor and keep a bulk business stop in a convenient place.
Just do it the way your sup says.. tell the driver you are sorry but you didn't recall what he said.
BTW Sometimes a custom load is easier to load because by knowing the addresses you can triage the flow.. but that takes time.. more than a month.

janedoe

How many trucks do you load? Just curious.. they started us on 4, after a week of 1.
It doesn't matter really. It's not your job to custom load. If later on when you know the truck and stops, it gets easier to do a driver a favor and keep a bulk business stop in a convenient place.
Just do it the way your sup says.. tell the driver you are sorry but you didn't recall what he said.
BTW Sometimes a custom load is easier to load because by knowing the addresses you can triage the flow.. but that takes time.. more than a month.

Everyone on my belt loads 4. I'm a girl so I don't think they expected much of me and had me on a slow dump (3 of my 4 cars were below 200). However, on Monday they moved me to a bigger dump.

I don't mind the job, and my personality is extremely anal so I always load in sequence. That's why I don't mind doing a "custom load" because I'm putting everything in a certain place anyway.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So, why did't you ask him to repeat what he told you if you didn't catch it all?? Do you honestly believe that random strangers on the internet know how your driver wants his truck loaded for his specific route??

Seasonals get dumber every peak......

janedoe

So, why did't you ask him to repeat what he told you if you didn't catch it all?? Do you honestly believe that random strangers on the internet know how your driver wants his truck loaded for his specific route??

Seasonals get dumber every peak......

On a ups forum? Yes I thought someone might know something. The reason I asked was because I didn't think it was about his specific route. He said first stops of 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 were normally business. Just wanted to double check before I friend'd up his truck.

oldngray

nowhere special
All routes are different and the business stops could be anywhere. And have different sequence numbers every day also. There is no simple answer from people who don't know his route.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
On a ups forum? Yes I thought someone might know something. The reason I asked was because I didn't think it was about his specific route. He said first stops of 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 were normally business. Just wanted to double check before I friend'd up his truck.
Its probably freaked up anyway with the DOL so i wouldnt worry about it. Most drivers DOLS are all jacked up anyway from the idiots who run the joint in the morning lol.