bust my ass still get yelled at by pt sup

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'm doing the best I can with the tools Jesus Christ gave me ,, it's my 100% ,, I can't give ups more than what god gave me ,,, he will walk away speechless

UPS Preloader

As others said, you will never be good enough in their eyes. They always want more. This is how many of them manage. They try to intimidate you to go faster. You either need to confront the issue head on and file a grievance if needed or grow some thick skin and don't let it bother you. They would rather you grieve it because the can't stand it when it doesn't bother you. I'm told on a regular basis that I am the best one on the particular pull I do, yet every day I'm pretty much told I suck by my preload supervisor. I just tell him "Anytime you want to show me how your more than welcome" and he just storms away. As far As I'm concerned I do my job well and he can go :censored2: himself.

BrownThunder

Boy that story gave a few of us flashbacks from life on the belt.

Those bottom level gigs at UPS are where you get to develop your thick skin. You will need it in any new area you decide to move within the company.

Don't run yourself ragged for that guy. Smoke something, put your favorite music on and zone out in your trailer. For the duration of your shift.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I wish there had been information like this available when i started back in 1984!
I;d make it so that the louder he yells the slower i'd go, then file on his him for Supervisor working when he touches the packages. He dosent respect you at all, so earn his respect and this :censored2:e will stop in its tracks

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
there has been so much written on this subject, that there is an opportunity for a teamster to write a small pamphlet on how to survive at UPS.

it could be given out to all new hires by the shop stewards.

how about some titles? " How To Survive Life At UPS."

clean hairy

As far as they are concerned you are Patsy.
Once you have them see you are not a Patsy, they will move onto someone else to harass.

I get around 400 pph. But my sup still yells at me for not going faster.

Yesterday, we had a really huge jam in unload and it hit me really hard and I simply couldn't deal with it. My sup came in and said "you have no idea what's going on do you? Snap out of it. You have no clue do you?". He broke my jams and yelled "GO! Pick it up! You suck today!" I always get upset with him for saying this but I usually just nod in acknowledgement.

Today he did the same thing. I was going at over 400 pph but he came in again telling me I was going too slow. I was really busting my ass. As usual the end of the trailer had egress issues with packages falling off and building up.

So my sup comes in again today while I was trashed and tells me he'll powerload for me. Well he started power loading, while yelling about how the packages wouldn't fit. And he started complaining about my egress and said that it should be completely clean and he started freaking out and screaming really loud and said "THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, I HAVE NO PLACE TO MOVE BECAUSE OF THIS REALLY MESSY EGRESS". I told him that it's something I have to deal with all the time and that the packages were out of my reach when they fell off.
He said I should have picked them up at the start of the day when the flow was lighter. But I said that the packages didn't fall off the belt at the start of the day, but much later.

At the end of the day he always yells at me to "MOVE" and get the irregs in as quickly as possible. Even though I'm already moving quickly. It just makes me upset because his yelling doesn't actually affect my speed and his rude behaviour is demoralizing. All the other employees hate him and have confronted him. He has personally told me he's trying to get one of them fired. He tries to write them up all the time or report them to the full time. I guess I'm his favorite since I never talk back. But another sup told me he makes fun of me behind my back. I have never confronted him because I don't want him to write me up out of spite

Anyway, I was angry at him but I always try to remain as calm as possible. I asked another sup on how to deal with him and he said "don't worry about him, he's always crying on the radio, he's not from the area so how would he know? next time he gives you trouble tell him "how would you know?". I told him that I couldn't say something like that because it's too rude.
Part time supervisors ar nobody's. Go up in the John and drop a duece every day for 8 minutes and you'll learn them real quick.

underworked1

I get around 400 pph. But my sup still yells at me for not going faster.

Yesterday, we had a really huge jam in unload and it hit me really hard and I simply couldn't deal with it. My sup came in and said "you have no idea what's going on do you? Snap out of it. You have no clue do you?". He broke my jams and yelled "GO! Pick it up! You suck today!" I always get upset with him for saying this but I usually just nod in acknowledgement.

Today he did the same thing. I was going at over 400 pph but he came in again telling me I was going too slow. I was really busting my ass. As usual the end of the trailer had egress issues with packages falling off and building up.

So my sup comes in again today while I was trashed and tells me he'll powerload for me. Well he started power loading, while yelling about how the packages wouldn't fit. And he started complaining about my egress and said that it should be completely clean and he started freaking out and screaming really loud and said "THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, I HAVE NO PLACE TO MOVE BECAUSE OF THIS REALLY MESSY EGRESS". I told him that it's something I have to deal with all the time and that the packages were out of my reach when they fell off.
He said I should have picked them up at the start of the day when the flow was lighter. But I said that the packages didn't fall off the belt at the start of the day, but much later.

At the end of the day he always yells at me to "MOVE" and get the irregs in as quickly as possible. Even though I'm already moving quickly. It just makes me upset because his yelling doesn't actually affect my speed and his rude behaviour is demoralizing. All the other employees hate him and have confronted him. He has personally told me he's trying to get one of them fired. He tries to write them up all the time or report them to the full time. I guess I'm his favorite since I never talk back. But another sup told me he makes fun of me behind my back. I have never confronted him because I don't want him to write me up out of spite

Anyway, I was angry at him but I always try to remain as calm as possible. I asked another sup on how to deal with him and he said "don't worry about him, he's always crying on the radio, he's not from the area so how would he know? next time he gives you trouble tell him "how would you know?". I told him that I couldn't say something like that because it's too rude.
Repeat this phrase. "I'm working as fast and safe as I can. " I can work faster but it would jeopardize my safety". Then file harassment grievances everyday he says something to you. Problem solved.

How about when the pt sup gives the excuse they are yelling at you to go faster because they are being yelled at? At least that is the excuse my pt sup gives.