BUT IT SAYS ITS ON YOUR TRUCK

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
So you want to provide customers with the ability to track their package, I get it, understandable. You want them to have the ability to track the truck that "has" the package, meh, sure I get it. But to have the AUDACITY to have packages that never made it onto the truck, in the system as "out for delivery" with the tracking is just bad customer service and creates serious issues.

Every day I get 4-5 occurrences of this, people take their frustration out on the drivers, and never buy the reason behind why this is even happening. Just yesterday had a guy "track" me to the the street I was on, started demanding his package, a street I already did and knew for a fact it wasn't on my truck, oh but on his little app it says the package is right there on my truck. After some nasty things to say he left, but 20 minutes later he rolled around in his car, started taking pics of plate, me, etc. Later on in the day his wife came up to me and started accusing me of theft.

Something has to be done, someone is going to get hurt from this and considering where my route is and the customers I deal with, more than likely I'll be be the sacrificial lamb.
I hope the higher-ups see this message. It's true, customers increasingly do believe something nefarious is going on by the employees/drivers.

I see it all the time on the "Sucks" website.
Until change comes, remain as cool as you can and explain its the tracking error system and you'd loved to deliver it to them. Saving you time from stopping by.

UPS does need to call attention to this and act on it before someone gets capped over rage.

Zowert

I don’t mind customers meeting me on road to grab something, especially when it’s a signature required and they won’t be home by the time I get to their house. However this tracking thing can be a pain.

I had a customer drive up to me one morning when I was in the middle of running my air. At this point I had well over 300 pieces (with irregs packing the center aisle) and little time to mess around. This person wanted some little box on my 6000 shelf, there was no way I could find it in a timely matter. They weren’t having it, so I popped the rear door and said “You want to look for it?” Her eyes widened when she saw the absolute mess and asked me how we “deal with all that?” One stop at a time ma’am, I’ll be at your house when I get there, have a lovely day.

Undertow

I don’t mind customers meeting me on road to grab something, especially when it’s a signature required and they won’t be home by the time I get to their house. However this tracking thing can be a pain.

I had a customer drive up to me one morning when I was in the middle of running my air. At this point I had well over 300 pieces (with irregs packing the center aisle) and little time to mess around. This person wanted some little box on my 6000 shelf, there was no way I could find it in a timely matter. They weren’t having it, so I popped the rear door and said “You want to look for it?” Her eyes widened when she saw the absolute mess and asked me how we “deal with all that?” One stop at a time ma’am, I’ll be at your house when I get there, have a lovely day.
That's been a good go-to move for me too. A few weeks back, I had a guy come up to me insisting I had two mattresses and a chair in back for his residence. By that point I had about a dozen rest stops with only two on-route pick ups back there. I just raised open the back door and said "Do You see two mattresses and a chair in here?" .

His answer was "Well are You sure you just didn't get them mixed up with somebody else's packages and maybe left them at the wrong place?"

I was tempted to say yes.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
So you want to provide customers with the ability to track their package, I get it, understandable. You want them to have the ability to track the truck that "has" the package, meh, sure I get it. But to have the AUDACITY to have packages that never made it onto the truck, in the system as "out for delivery" with the tracking is just bad customer service and creates serious issues.

Every day I get 4-5 occurrences of this, people take their frustration out on the drivers, and never buy the reason behind why this is even happening. Just yesterday had a guy "track" me to the the street I was on, started demanding his package, a street I already did and knew for a fact it wasn't on my truck, oh but on his little app it says the package is right there on my truck. After some nasty things to say he left, but 20 minutes later he rolled around in his car, started taking pics of plate, me, etc. Later on in the day his wife came up to me and started accusing me of theft.

Something has to be done, someone is going to get hurt from this and considering where my route is and the customers I deal with, more than likely I'll be be the sacrificial lamb.
Had 3/4 packages for a customer, other one was left back at the hub for whatever reason. As I was driving away he comes out looking so confused which made sense after he explained he was missing a package. He refused to let me leave until I showed him I didnt have it. Of course, I could have drove off and told him to call corporate but I figured I'd play along. Stupid mother :censored2:er made it seem like I had stolen it and I bet he felt so :censored2:int retarded when the other package had shown up. He made a scene.