BUT IT SAYS ITS ON YOUR TRUCK

Ackerlin

So you want to provide customers with the ability to track their package, I get it, understandable. You want them to have the ability to track the truck that "has" the package, meh, sure I get it. But to have the AUDACITY to have packages that never made it onto the truck, in the system as "out for delivery" with the tracking is just bad customer service and creates serious issues.

Every day I get 4-5 occurrences of this, people take their frustration out on the drivers, and never buy the reason behind why this is even happening. Just yesterday had a guy "track" me to the the street I was on, started demanding his package, a street I already did and knew for a fact it wasn't on my truck, oh but on his little app it says the package is right there on my truck. After some nasty things to say he left, but 20 minutes later he rolled around in his car, started taking pics of plate, me, etc. Later on in the day his wife came up to me and started accusing me of theft.

Something has to be done, someone is going to get hurt from this and considering where my route is and the customers I deal with, more than likely I'll be be the sacrificial lamb.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It's happening at FedEx ground as well... out for delivery, yet still sitting on a pallet or floor since the original route driver is bricked out

The customers don't have the ability to track a local driver though...

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
So you want to provide customers with the ability to track their package, I get it, understandable. You want them to have the ability to track the truck that "has" the package, meh, sure I get it. But to have the AUDACITY to have packages that never made it onto the truck, in the system as "out for delivery" with the tracking is just bad customer service and creates serious issues.

Every day I get 4-5 occurrences of this, people take their frustration out on the drivers, and never buy the reason behind why this is even happening. Just yesterday had a guy "track" me to the the street I was on, started demanding his package, a street I already did and knew for a fact it wasn't on my truck, oh but on his little app it says the package is right there on my truck. After some nasty things to say he left, but 20 minutes later he rolled around in his car, started taking pics of plate, me, etc. Later on in the day his wife came up to me and started accusing me of theft.

Something has to be done, someone is going to get hurt from this and considering where my route is and the customers I deal with, more than likely I'll be be the sacrificial lamb.

Wow, that's a bit much. Nobody wants your package dude! I had a customer yesterday stop me looking for her package. According to my board, I had it. Nope, it shows up today. Half the day I'm going crazy looking for packages not on the truck. I tell myself, "I can only deliver what's on the truck."

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I like to provide good customer service. It saddens me when I can't deliver on that because of the company's failures. But of course I communicate to my customers what the deal is.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I just ask to see the tracking number. Pretend to enter it into the board. Beep boop beep boop. "Ohh yeah, looks like your pkg got loaded onto the wrong truck. Let me send him a message with my computer to make sure he delivers it today."

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I just ask to see the tracking number. Pretend to enter it into the board. Beep boop beep boop. "Ohh yeah, looks like your pkg got loaded onto the wrong truck. Let me send him a message with my computer to make sure he delivers it today."
Another thing customers say is when will there be a another truck coming later? I tell them yeah he should be here later tonight to drop off the rest😄

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Just saw a newer UPS truck with gold reflector stripe & globe zip by the 1960's station wagon argument scene in Ford v Ferrari.

Now all I can think of is UPS. Movie is ruined.

Good Night.