Buying a Fedex Ground Route

Exec32

Remember what I said earlier. When it comes to command and control you're an employee. When it comes to the divestiture of risk, liability and variable costs you are an employee. And never ever forget the fact the business model does not in any way shape or form exist for the purpose of creating equity for contractors. One other thing do not over extend your stay to the point where you find yourself caught in the vise of competing economic interests meaning that you stayed too long and found
yourself caught between downward pressure on rates and revenue and upward wage pressure coming from the people who are responsible enough to the point where they can be entrusted with the task of representing your interests.
This is the inevitable position we will find ourselves in if we do not demand fair compensation to support our business, and enforce the boundaries of this relationship.

Exec32

But you malign those who do not see it exactly as you do.
No, I malign the ones that damage the interest of contractors as a whole, by their bad or weak decisions. Its not easy to challenge X but I have, and at times you may have. I agree with ones comment based on content, not contemp.

Bounty

Remember what i said earlier (and over and over).

If you don't like the model, get the law changed. It is astounding how something that seems straightforward can be convoluted and twisted when 5he gray area of the law is delved into.
The way you get it changed is by standing up to X and by not signing anything and everything X puts in front you.

bacha29

Worked wonders for you.
Looks like we've got ourselves another Dano 59 wannabe. It 's not about changing the law. It's about unbalanced risk aversion whereby one party divests itself of risk by placing it all on the second party but at the same time refusing to convey to that party the latitude and autonomy the second party is rightfully entitled to. In addition the second party is also required to procure capital which in many cases is borrowed and put that capital at risk by relinquishing all control over the fate of that capital to the first party. As the success of the business model becomes more and more dependent on the investor class and most importantly their money these contractual inequities the average person often didn't see at first will be spotted right away by the investor class.And when the investor class which to this point has to a considerable extent braced and preserved contractor equity starts pulling money off the table then and only then can the inbalance be corrected.

STFXG

The way you get it changed is by standing up to X and by not signing anything and everything X puts in front you.
That's smart advice. Don't sign and walk away. I wish some maroon would follow that so I could get his routes for free.

bbsam

Staff member
Looks like we've got ourselves another Dano 59 wannabe. It 's not about changing the law. It's about unbalanced risk aversion whereby one party divests itself of risk by placing it all on the second party but at the same time refusing to convey to that party the latitude and autonomy the second party is rightfully entitled to. In addition the second party is also required to procure capital which in many cases is borrowed and put that capital at risk by relinquishing all control over the fate of that capital to the first party. As the success of the business model becomes more and more dependent on the investor class and most importantly their money these contractual inequities the average person often didn't see at first will be spotted right away by the investor class.And when the investor class which to this point has to a considerable extent braced and preserved contractor equity starts pulling money off the table then and only then can the inbalance be corrected.
The more convenient way of saying that is to have the contract deemed "unconscionable". The problem is that X will simply ammend said contract to barely comply. We've seen it time and time again.

bacha29

That's smart advice. Don't sign and walk away. I wish some maroon would follow that so I could get his routes for free.
That right there is the trap the multi routes are falling into. The single routes who didn't have much money tied up in the scam could walk away much more easily and walk away they did. When they are all gone the handful of multi's that remain will only have 2 options, bow to the downward rate pressure that we see emerging from all of this or cut their losses and take whatever a prospective buyer assuming that one even is one will offer. When the investor class loses interest and lose they will the seller will be lucky to get enough out of it to pay off the debt and the fools only dream of retiring in splendor will disappear in the mist.

Exec32

Remember what i said earlier (and over and over).

If you don't like the model, get the law changed. It is astounding how something that seems straightforward can be convoluted and twisted when 5he gray area of the law is
Not free. We have contractors that have walked away, and x is servicing them because the"FREE" route is a bankrupt nightmare route.

Exec32

That right there is the trap the multi routes are falling into. The single routes who didn't have much money tied up in the scam could walk away much more easily and walk away they did. When they are all gone the handful of multi's that remain will only have 2 options, bow to the downward rate pressure that we see emerging from all of this or cut their losses and take whatever a prospective buyer assuming that one even is one will offer. When the investor class loses interest and lose they will the seller will be lucky to get enough out of it to pay off the debt and the fools only dream of retiring in splendor will disappear in the mist.
There are a few solutions to this. For instance the few that do remain couldform an alliance amongst themselves, a truckers association that could represent the contractors Nationally . An association would create pressure by having our interest represented and be much more persuasive. This would take a unified effort and commitment by us to abide by and support the association. Just a thought, unlikely as it may be.

bacha29

There are a few solutions to this. For instance the few that do remain couldform an alliance amongst themselves, a truckers association that could represent the contractors Nationally . An association would create pressure by having our interest represented and be much more persuasive. This would take a unified effort and commitment by us to abide by and support the association. Just a thought, unlikely as it may be.
[QUOTE=Until contractors can negotiate from a position of equal strength nothing of substance is likely to happen. The only salvation contractors have in the near term is to do the minimum, refuse to allow X to dump additional territory on to them regardless of whether it's profitable or not, be on the look out for an opportunity to get out under the most favorable terms possible and for Christ's sake do not take on long term debt under the hopeful assumption that it will benefit you in the end because they're not stupid and know everything there is to know about your operation. Therefore when the signs of debt manifest themselves they will know that they are sitting in the catbird seat and are likely to drive an even harder bargain. There is no reason for them not to when they are lining their pockets with the bonus money that comes courtesy of your rate concessions.

Bounty

Problem with that is there are too many weasels (bbsam) that would do whatever X asks of them. They don't realize they are cutting their own throat.

bbsam

Staff member
Problem with that is there are too many weasels (bbsam) that would do whatever X asks of them. They don't realize they are cutting their own throat.
i just had to send this on to my SM. I'm.guessing.he's laughing himself silly right now.

bacha29

i just had to send this on to my SM. I'm.guessing.he's laughing himself silly right now.
A reaffirmation of what we've known all along. BBSAM is just another company ball s*ck*r . Anything to please to his SM. Furthermore we now know what BBSAM actually stands for. Busy Busy Ball S* ck*ing Another Manager.

bbsam

Staff member
A reaffirmation of what we've known all along. BBSAM is just another company ball s*ck*r . Anything to please to his SM. Furthermore we now know what BBSAM actually stands for. Busy Busy Ball S* ck*ing Another Manager.
Not at all.

I still don't get why you former contractors keep coming back with your "public service announcements" I haven't seen a single current contractor even come close to suggesting anyone buyor that it is a good investment.

But, go as you will.

STFXG

Not at all.

I still don't get why you former contractors keep coming back with your "public service announcements" I haven't seen a single current contractor even come close to suggesting anyone buyor that it is a good investment.

But, go as you will.
Id feel pretty burned too if I couldn't get it together and had to fire sale. I mean... The writing was on the wall for only 7 or 8 years.

bacha29

Id feel pretty burned too if I couldn't get it together and had to fire sale. I mean... The writing was on the wall for only 7 or 8 years.
Knew about it since 2009. Was told by mid level manager in 2013 that the matter of converting in my state was on the table for discussion. This was a good manager and we knew that he was tipping us off to what was coming Sold in May 2015 Financed the deal for the guy at above market interest rate. The formal announcement of the conversion came the following August.