Buying a Fedex Ground Route

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Xquestionman, Jan 12, 2016.

1. dmac1

dmac1 Active Member

Even in a well maintained vehicle, drivers are not being fairly compensated for risking their lives every day with what ISPs can afford to pay. Fedex should be paying for several million $$$$ life and injury insurance policies on any driver delivering a package they want delivered.

2. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

Did u see the velocity? ?? Talk about chassis too light for a box body... ford transit cargovan.

[​IMG]

Hope they beefed up everything!

3. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know the name of the kid who owned the skate board Ford stole and stuck that cargo body on it? On where I live a unit such as that wouldn't last a year.

4. Exec32

Exec32 Active Member

The yellow hand rail makes it tough....

5. SecondTier Driver

SecondTier Driver Active Member

They already pretty much make these. They are just with an e-350 chassis or a sprinter with a box on it. I will admit the tires look pretty tiny though.

Attached Files:

6. SecondTier Driver

SecondTier Driver Active Member

As far as I can tell they only make them as large as 700's where the cutaways go up to 1000's. I had a gmc 1000 cutaway. Was nice to deliver in, better if you were under 6' tall

7. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

GT, i already knew that this company, utilimaster, made some with both cutaways and stepvan bodies... but that thing on a "transit" chassis will probably break down even faster than the light truck chassis of the e350~ e450

Those handrails are pretty much standard now with this company... but that door handle extension on the passenger side (see youtube) looks like stuff can get snagged on it