Buying a Fedex Ground Route

It will be fine

How much do the routes go for? I can't imagine this would be the best way to invest your money. You get yourself an apartment building and you have money coming in from rent and you have something tangible that will increase in value over time. You wouldn't be at the whim of FedEx or any other corporation. If you can get tenants whose housing costs are subsidized by the state you wouldn't even have to worry about people not paying their rent either. Just keep up on maintenance and make sure everyone behaves and gets along and you're all set. No trucks, no employees, no packages, just a building and the people that live there.
Yup it's a wonder why anyone does any other job. We should all be slum lords.

Let me ask this...so if the route I am looking at grosses 680k on 5 PSAs and 1 supp... is a net (before taxes) of around 200k if I were the manager a reasonable expectation?

bacha29

Are you saying that you want to pull down $200K for yourself? It's do able if your drivers are making about minimum wage and no benefits. If fast food wages are what you have in mind , you'll be driving a truck yourself and a new trainee in the cab with you every day.

OK, so for the guys that have been in the game or are in the game what would a reasonable net be if things were run right and and owner/manager...I know its a hard question to answer because of variables etc...but a ballpark would be??

FedGT

honestly it is very hard for us to answer that. Depends on fuel consumption, wages (which changes workers comp), truck payments, thresholds, how many trucks you have (insurance). In a very optimal situation no extra drivers, no truck payments, low fuel cost, low wages you could potentially clear $130k-150k but as you can tell there are a ton of variables here.

FedGT

Forgot to add maintenance. Do you have an updated fleet or a bunch of 300,000+ mile trucks that instead of $250 a month to run a truck it takes closer to $1000 per truck??

It will be fine

OK, so for the guys that have been in the game or are in the game what would a reasonable net be if things were run right and and owner/manager...I know its a hard question to answer because of variables etc...but a ballpark would be??
Too many variables to even offer a guess. Are you going to run vacations yourself? Are the drivers going to get paid vacation? That alone could swing it $20k. Is it Ground or HD? Growth is much higher on the HD side. If it made $680k last year it'll probably be $7-720k next year. Does the current fleet have the capacity to handle the additional volume or will you need to add another driver and truck?

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe, maybe not.

It'll be interesting when the new skipper takes command of the ship.

I wouldn't bank on glory days forever.
Warren Buffet is a fairly liberal billionaire who bought a railroad. Warren Buffet is a conservative business owner.

bacha29

Gt is right there are simply too many intangibles to put any real number on what you are going to get out of it. Clearly Mr Question is another one of those you thinks that all he has to do is to get a bunch of Fx routes then just sit back and count the money. Mr Questionman clearly wants a sure bet and it is for that reason I hereby state that X contacting is not for Mr. Questionman because he wants a degree of certainty and security X contracting simply will not provide.

bbsam

Staff member
Gt is right there are simply too many intangibles to put any real number on what you are going to get out of it. Clearly Mr Question is another one of those you thinks that all he has to do is to get a bunch of Fx routes then just sit back and count the money. Mr Questionman clearly wants a sure bet and it is for that reason I hereby state that X contacting is not for Mr. Questionman because he wants a degree of certainty and security X contracting simply will not provide.
Jeez bacha. Relax. He's asking good questions. Nothing wrong with that.

FedGT

That's what I want too.:gunsmilie
Has not happened yet.:censored3:
Still drive a fair bit up to this point, but hey it bumps up the net.

FedExer267

You also are putting your faith into drivers who rush to get done you will be liable for any accidents they get into. Saw this on the news Friday sure that is going to set back the contractor a few dollars. This is what low wages tend to bring.
fedex ground truck.png

It will be fine

You also are putting your faith into drivers who rush to get done you will be liable for any accidents they get into. Saw this on the news Friday sure that is going to set back the contractor a few dollars. This is what low wages tend to bring.View attachment 66189
What I read the other car's driver was texting and swerved into the truck. I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's the truth. Yes, you'll be running a trucking company, accidents happen. It's part of the gig. There aren't trucking companies that never have accidents, it has nothing to do with wages.