Buyout Update?

fedex435

Attention Memphis! Topped out couriers would really like a buyout! Please!!
Yes Memphis...give the topped out couriers even more...they worked so many years to top out so lets reward them with a big bonus to leave and to enjoy their traditional pension. Screw everyone else!!!!

SmithBarney

that's right buy out the topped out couriers... and then viola the new "topped out" rate is now $ 8 cheaper per hour...
should save millions per month!

fedex435

Better yet just fire all the lazy ***** couriers that work for this company and pay the ones that go to work everyday and do an honest days work. That would cut at least a 1/4 of the couriers and save the company even more.

Goldilocks

Yes Memphis...give the topped out couriers even more...they worked so many years to top out so lets reward them with a big bonus to leave and to enjoy their traditional pension. Screw everyone else!!!!

Not sure how long you have been with Fedex, but to me anyone with 70/80 years combined should be offered a buyout. We have paid our dues.

vantexan

Not sure how long you have been with Fedex, but to me anyone with 70/80 years combined should be offered a buyout. We have paid our dues.

I think he's alluding to the fact that topped out couriers have enjoyed much better pay than mid-range for many years now. And that they have most, if not all of a traditional pension. It's not the topped out couriers' fault that this is so, responsibility lies with the company. If a buyout is offered the least they could do is make it available to any courier that reaches the 70 point mark, including in the future. Otherwise they've truly given topped out couriers everything while the rest are just screwed over again. But highly, extremely unlikely that we'll be offered a buyout. Our corporate leaders don't seem capable of doing anything that might cost some serious money unless it increases profits. Buying us out won't increase profits. If it did they'd do it.

Manager Wants Buyout

Hopefully, the buyouts won't be some cheap, extended vacation that's just enough prevent people from taking it so they can be layed off after. If you're offered one, it should be taken.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I think he's alluding to the fact that topped out couriers have enjoyed much better pay than mid-range for many years now. And that they have most, if not all of a traditional pension. It's not the topped out couriers' fault that this is so, responsibility lies with the company. If a buyout is offered the least they could do is make it available to any courier that reaches the 70 point mark, including in the future. Otherwise they've truly given topped out couriers everything while the rest are just screwed over again. But highly, extremely unlikely that we'll be offered a buyout. Our corporate leaders don't seem capable of doing anything that might cost some serious money unless it increases profits. Buying us out won't increase profits. If it did they'd do it.

It just dawned on me, if they offered topped out couriers a buyout, TECHNICALLY Fredward has kept his word to "take care of the folks there from the beginning....friend&*K the rest of you!" Of course I added the last part, at least I think I did...

Goldilocks

It just dawned on me, if they offered topped out couriers a buyout, TECHNICALLY Fredward has kept his word to "take care of the folks there from the beginning....friend&*K the rest of you!" Of course I added the last part, at least I think I did...

We can argue this forever so I dont want to get into a debate. But we have been there for Fred and have stood by his side. We worked out a#### off and have been put thru every change and have accepted it. Who is the rest of us? Mid range employees that think they need what we have? I do agree that topout should be done in 18 months like us but you have not payed your dues like us that have stayed with the company hoping for better. How can you come in and demand what we have? Please.....Van, this does not include you because I understand your situation. Another guy at my station is in the same situation as you....But 10 year employees or less coming in and thinking they deserve what I have, PLEASE......All companies make you start off on the bottom and work your way up....Welcome to America...

vantexan

We can argue this forever so I dont want to get into a debate. But we have been there for Fred and have stood by his side. We worked out a#### off and have been put thru every change and have accepted it. Who is the rest of us? Mid range employees that think they need what we have? I do agree that topout should be done in 18 months like us but you have not payed your dues like us that have stayed with the company hoping for better. How can you come in and demand what we have? Please.....Van, this does not include you because I understand your situation. Another guy at my station is in the same situation as you....But 10 year employees or less coming in and thinking they deserve what I have, PLEASE......All companies make you start off on the bottom and work your way up....Welcome to America...

But most senior couriers have worked their way into better rts. Imagine being an 8 year employee who doesn't make much more than newhires with no traditional pension. Working next to people who've made much more than him the entire 8 years. Who have a life while he struggles to get by. With no hope of ever catching top-out because FedEx doesn't operate like a normal company who starts you at the bottom and rewards you for hanging in there. They start you at the bottom and pretty much keep you there. So who's really paying their dues? You said it yourself, you topped out in 18 months. Now you are saying 10 year employees don't deserve to be topped out. And you wonder why there is resentment?

fedex435

I've been here 10 years...just because somebody "puts in their time" doesn't mean they've earned anything. Over half the couriers that have worked over 20 years at my station are the laziest, "Ive earned the right" people we have and they were that way when I first started at this place. There is a huge difference between paying dues and just putting the time in.

Goldilocks

I've been here 10 years...just because somebody "puts in their time" doesn't mean they've earned anything. Over half the couriers that have worked over 20 years at my station are the laziest, "Ive earned the right" people we have and they were that way when I first started at this place. There is a huge difference between paying dues and just putting the time in.

You dont even and will never have a clue of what we did to get this company on its feet. Let me put it to you this way, you have it made compared to what we did....We did it all. No handlers, the couriers did everything. Now, I do know a couple of drivers that have been there as long as I have that are a PAIN IN THE A##, but not all and most work hard....Sorry you are not able to top out as fast as we did and I do hope that will change, but as far as routes and hours you can have them. You have nothing to be bitching about other than pay. As far as buyouts, its time for us Oldtimers to go....Then its all yours....

Guapo

But most senior couriers have worked their way into better rts. Imagine being an 8 year employee who doesn't make much more than newhires with no traditional pension. Working next to people who've made much more than him the entire 8 years. Who have a life while he struggles to get by. With no hope of ever catching top-out because FedEx doesn't operate like a normal company who starts you at the bottom and rewards you for hanging in there. They start you at the bottom and pretty much keep you there. So who's really paying their dues? You said it yourself, you topped out in 18 months. Now you are saying 10 year employees don't deserve to be topped out. And you wonder why there is resentment?

Very well said Van, in fact I'd be happy if I could've topped out in 5 years let alone 18 months(I'm 9 years in) . I mean come on even at dhl I topped out at 14 years...of course I got laid off 2 weeks later:angry:. FDX is supposed to be better.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

You dont even and will never have a clue of what we did to get this company on its feet. Let me put it to you this way, you have it made compared to what we did....We did it all. No handlers, the couriers did everything. Now, I do know a couple of drivers that have been there as long as I have that are a PAIN IN THE A##, but not all and most work hard....Sorry you are not able to top out as fast as we did and I do hope that will change, but as far as routes and hours you can have them. You have nothing to be bitching about other than pay. As far as buyouts, its time for us Oldtimers to go....Then its all yours....[/QUOTE]

I have paid my dues thank you very effing much. I came in every time I was asked, worked through the "brown-out", have done nearly every position on a ramp (did ramp agents work but didn't get paid "for the experience"). Was hired at my station for one position, then got roped into another, even though it was the exact opposite of what I was "sold". I have been the "go-to guy", even worked the day of my grandmother's funeral because I thought I worked for a great company. Then I got fired for getting sick, literally to the point I almost died, because of this job.

No, I haven't paid my dues. No, I have no reason to "expect" to be able to make a living as a full time long term 15 year employee. No, I don't expect to get every advantage that the 20+'s get, but I have paid my dues. Fortunately for me, the ones at my station generally don't play the "old timers card" very often.

fedex435

You dont even and will never have a clue of what we did to get this company on its feet. Let me put it to you this way, you have it made compared to what we did....We did it all. No handlers, the couriers did everything. Now, I do know a couple of drivers that have been there as long as I have that are a PAIN IN THE A##, but not all and most work hard....Sorry you are not able to top out as fast as we did and I do hope that will change, but as far as routes and hours you can have them. You have nothing to be bitching about other than pay. As far as buyouts, its time for us Oldtimers to go....Then its all yours....
I'm calling B.S. You don't think the people that were here 20+ years ago tell me what it used to be like? They sure in the heck aren't talking about how hard they had it. From what they tell me, it was make a few deliveries and the sit for hour and wait for a pup. Maybe it was different for you but dont' tell me I don't have a clue and don't tell me I haven't earned anything. Working hard for a few years, if that was the case, doesn't give you a pass for the next 25. Most of the jokers with 20+ I work with know one area, never help out, and never, ever go out of there way to do anything but remind you that they have been here longer. Not saying that everybody because there are a few that work their butts off.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

At most companies, you're at full wage in 3-4 years. The whole idea of "paying your dues" is bogus because under our pay system, you will never have paid them. Your post (and others) speak volumes about just how successful FedEx has been at making employees think that it takes 20 years or more before you "deserve" a full wage.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Goldi,
I gotta agree with the last two posters.
I've been on board for 6 yrs. and some people gotta get off their high horses.
Ever heard anyone say that they had to walk up hill, in 5 feet of snow, in both directions, to get to where they were going?
All of us have had it harder back in the day if all we do is recollect the "hard times".

Goldilocks

Guess we have all paid our dues one way or another. :sad-little: Not here to cut down any of you. Bottom line, if you are a 2012 Courier with Fedex you work your butts off. Yes, it was very hard back in the old days, We had to off load the truck in shifts then go to our trucks and set up. We did not have company goals but personal goals to achieve. Bottom line we cared. Like I have said before, I only hope you can topout faster if not, take advantage of the tuition refund get your degree and move on. I am with you about the direction the company is heading.

whenIgetthere

You dont even and will never have a clue of what we did to get this company on its feet. Let me put it to you this way, you have it made compared to what we did....We did it all. No handlers, the couriers did everything. Now, I do know a couple of drivers that have been there as long as I have that are a PAIN IN THE A##, but not all and most work hard....Sorry you are not able to top out as fast as we did and I do hope that will change, but as far as routes and hours you can have them. You have nothing to be bitching about other than pay. As far as buyouts, its time for us Oldtimers to go....Then its all yours....[/QUOTE]

I have paid my dues thank you very effing much. I came in every time I was asked, worked through the "brown-out", have done nearly every position on a ramp (did ramp agents work but didn't get paid "for the experience"). Was hired at my station for one position, then got roped into another, even though it was the exact opposite of what I was "sold". I have been the "go-to guy", even worked the day of my grandmother's funeral because I thought I worked for a great company. Then I got fired for getting sick, literally to the point I almost died, because of this job.

No, I haven't paid my dues. No, I have no reason to "expect" to be able to make a living as a full time long term 15 year employee. No, I don't expect to get every advantage that the 20+'s get, but I have paid my dues. Fortunately for me, the ones at my station generally don't play the "old timers card" very often.

The first guy to stick up for the newer employees here is a 35 year guy. He always looks out for everyone. Have a few milkmen, but most work their butts off.

SmithBarney

Guess we have all paid our dues one way or another. :sad-little: Not here to cut down any of you. Bottom line, if you are a 2012 Courier with Fedex you work your butts off. Yes, it was very hard back in the old days, We had to off load the truck in shifts then go to our trucks and set up. We did not have company goals but personal goals to achieve. Bottom line we cared. Like I have said before, I only hope you can topout faster if not, take advantage of the tuition refund get your degree and move on. I am with you about the direction the company is heading.

-Hrmm guess what, at a majority of the STA around the country we still off load the trucks(sometimes in shifts)
-Many people still have personal goals(ie retirement) and they know they are screwed.
-We would love to care, but we aren't given time on road to "care" for our customers, and most CRRs know the company doesn't care about the customers(from customer feedback, such as never resolving claims, poor customer service call centers staffed with ESL staff, etc.), so why should the front line employees.(the company is only serving stockholders now)