C.I.A.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cheated on the wife/
screwed around

Same thing!

Update: This thing stinks to high hell.
Screen-shot-2012-11-09-at-4.27.49-PM.png

Will Congressional Republicans subpoena him to force him to testify?

brett636

I never saw patraeus as a political figure. I do find it a bit fishy that he resigns right before spilling the beans on Benghazi.

BrownArmy

I never saw patraeus as a political figure. I do find it a bit fishy that he resigns right before spilling the beans on Benghazi.

I never saw Patraeus as a political figure either, but in terms of Benghazi, his resignation will have no bearing on whether/when he would be called on to testify about whatever.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

trickpony1

What are the chances the investigation will lead to the Messiah being charged with treason and removed from office and maybe even imprisoned at Fort Leavenworth?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What are the chances the investigation will lead to the Messiah being charged with treason and removed from office and maybe even imprisoned at Fort Leavenworth?
Not as good as they should be. I heard he will not be available to testify.....................Any private person can be put under oath to testify. Why will he not be available if the president orders it............

island1fox

Not as good as they should be. I heard he will not be available to testify.....................Any private person can be put under oath to testify. Why will he not be available if the president orders it............

Toon,

Hate to talk conspiracy theory-- but consider:

1. His affair was well over a year ago in AFganistan
2.Why was the FBI investigating the head of CIA ?

3. How long ago did they know?
4. WHy now five days before his testimony on Bengazi?

If he resigns and goes away quietly he will maintain his rank and
pension. If he testifies he will be court martialed under military ethics code for having an affair on active duty.

SOMETHING SMELLS !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Ummm. Ill go with ZERO chances of that happening. First thing you have to do is look up what treason is. I dont believe you understand the term.

peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Toon,

Hate to talk conspiracy theory-- but consider:

1. His affair was well over a year ago in AFganistan
2.Why was the FBI investigating the head of CIA ?

3. How long ago did they know?
4. WHy now five days before his testimony on Bengazi?

If he resigns and goes away quietly he will maintain his rank and
pension. If he testifies he will be court martialed under military ethics code for having an affair on active duty.

SOMETHING SMELLS !!

Island, first of all, the FBI was investigating something completely different and it had to do with extortion or blackmail of the CIA chief. Along the way, they interviewed a woman who was doing his autobiography. From there, it was discovered he had the affair.

He can still testify, and he can still face charges from the military and face a demotion of rank. He does not need to testify for that to happen.

peace

TOS

brett636

I never saw Patraeus as a political figure either, but in terms of Benghazi, his resignation will have no bearing on whether/when he would be called on to testify about whatever.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I also don't believe his current employment status should dictate whether he testifies on benghazi or not. He probably has a good idea of what went down there and the American people deserve to know it as well as the victim's families. Its just funny how he resigns a week before he was supposed to testify and now magically he won't be testifying. Its time to subpoena him if necessary to get the real truth out there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
With all the financial problems at home , was is bhos going to Asia next week ?
He wants fresh sushi ?
Mooch wants jade,sapphire or pearl jewelry?
They want teak for their furniture in Hawaii.
Or....just opium........Burma is the 2nd largest producer of opium.

Somebody has to go.......

Nimnim

The Nim
I know the official story is the FBI was looking into his biographer and stumbled upon it, but personally I would not be surprised if the FBI knew about it long ago. Hoover knew what he was doing getting all the dirt he could on everyone, I'm sure people down the line in the FBI have learned it works well. The question would then be, who has what to gain if this is being used to cover something and the official story is out there not to arouse suspicions.

Edit: I'm not trying to be conspiratorial, but we are talking about intelligence agencies. They do a lot of stuff we don't know about.

wkmac

November 9, 2012

Patraeus Resignation Smells Funny

Posted by Daniel McAdams on November 9, 2012 10:50 PM

What could be so bad and threatening that a "national hero" like General David Patraeus would admit to the horribly embarrassing and personal extra-marital affair just to divert attention and thus exit the game relatively intact? (Sometimes admitting to something terribly personal can provide a kind of vaccine against further probes). Speculation buzzes through cyberspace.
Seems right-wingers feel it is a way to avoid having to testify over CIA failures in Benghazi in September. Possible. I wonder whether that horse is indeed cold after Republican beatings. And I am a bit skeptical that Benghazi was anything resembling what it was portrayed. For example, how did American-made Stingers get to Syria? Ambassador Stevens was the architect of the Benghazi uprising and he seemed rather keen to spread "democracy" beyond Libya. Did that include exporting democracy?
This is a little more interesting:
"As for how the affair came to light, the Congressional official said that 'it was portrayed to us that the friend.B.I. was investigating something else and came upon him. My impression is that the friend.B.I. stumbled across this.'”
What is the "else"? Would be interesting to know. Sometimes just an affair — which under intel protocol is a serious (because blackmailable) matter — is enough. Sometimes not.
This from October 2011 is rather interesting — and prescient?
"The Petraeus record is not pretty.
"It is a strategic and military failure. The issue is critical. For if Gen. Petraeus’ policies are backfiring and, God forbid, there is another domestic terror attack committed by Muslims, like the Times Square bomber, angered by U.S. murder in the Muslim world since 9/11, the present U.S. “counter-terror” strategy will be largely responsible."
Despite the press maintaining its propaganda front, the US Syria policy is falling apart. Hillary Clinton's efforts to create a new Syrian opposition in Doha were a disaster — she argued for a reasonable guaranteed quota of women revolutionaries among the jihadist beards and was shown the door, women's studies major enthusiasts being relatively rare amongst the jihadists. CIA efforts to assist the insurgents have proven not only a failure, but an embarrassment, as the oft-repeated line that US aid is "falling into the wrong hands" in Syria is looking evermore threadbare — seems there are no other hands, despite US desperate efforts to create them out of whole cloth.
What is the full story behind the Patraeus mystery? I do not know. But there sure is a funny smell in the air...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He wants fresh sushi ?
Mooch wants jade,sapphire or pearl jewelry?
They want teak for their furniture in Hawaii.
Or....just opium........Burma is the 2nd largest producer of opium.

Somebody has to go.......

Afghanistan is the largest producer of OPIUM, BUSH and CHENEY went there to start wars and visit the troops, does your logic suggest both of them needed heroin??

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No my dream is christe.

May I suggest you do two things... First, grab a shovel and head to Jersey, give him a hand in the cleanup, because if he screws that up, he will be doomed in 2016. Second, make a few phone calls, start with LIMBAUGH and tell him to STFU about Christie before he destroys him, then move on the SEAN HANNITY and say the same, then to all the bench players, orielly, ingraham, medved, elder, stein and such...

For Christie to have a chance, the idealogs have to STFU about him.

peace

TOS