California id readers in guard shack?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
They just put these in my hub.I haven't gotten any information on them other than security saying to swipe in when coming or going. California law states they have to pay us when we go through security.I heard a driver say something about 10 minutes.Does anybody have any insight,has there been a memo posted in your hub?

bdmiz

They just put these in my hub.I haven't gotten any information on them other than security saying to swipe in when coming or going. California law states they have to pay us when we go through security.I heard a driver say something about 10 minutes.Does anybody have any insight,has there been a memo posted in your hub?
They have 2 scan spots, one of them is about 20 feet from the guard shack in case there is a line to get in. you scan at that spot when you show up, when you get through the shack there is another spot to scan again. Point being, time from point A to point B is paid. After your second scan, you are not being paid. so if it takes you 15 seconds to get through the shack technically you should be paid. I can guarantee you that you're not though.

Swanson

They have 2 scan spots, one of them is about 20 feet from the guard shack in case there is a line to get in. you scan at that spot when you show up, when you get through the shack there is another spot to scan again. Point being, time from point A to point B is paid. After your second scan, you are not being paid. so if it takes you 15 seconds to get through the shack technically you should be paid. I can guarantee you that you're not though.
We only have one reader at the guard shack,from what I've researched is from the time you scan in at the guard shack to the time you clock in at you work area they have to pay you. It takes me 5 minutes from the guard shack to get to my time clock(10 minutes everyday) I know ups is getting sued for this that's why the'vey put them in.

bdmiz

We only have one reader at the guard shack,from what I've researched is from the time you scan in at the guard shack to the time you clock in at you work area they have to pay you. It takes me 5 minutes from the guard shack to get to my time clock(10 minutes everyday) I know ups is getting sued for this that's why the'vey put them in.
I can only speak from experience. This is not the case where I am.

Local25BadSanta

Pictures?

Local25BadSanta

I don't but it is basically the same reader you put your id in to open the gate
Gotcha, Im trying to track down these new devices UPS is supposed to be getting. Part of their feature is ID scanning. They're from a company I'm invested in so I've been on the hunt for one in the wild. This is what it would look like.
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 4.31.44 PM.png

TeltBender

Same in my hub. They were meant to give me a scannable ID 3 months ago in preparation for this. I still haven’t received my ID.

Made brown

Can anyone see on upsers if the time going through the security checkpoint shows up? I haven't noticed an .02 for the minute, and i will gladly take the minute. I also wonder if the time thru checkpoint is calculated at 1.5 after 8 and for you 9.5ers triple?

Swanson

Can anyone see on upsers if the time going through the security checkpoint shows up? I haven't noticed an .02 for the minute, and i will gladly take the minute. I also wonder if the time thru checkpoint is calculated at 1.5 after 8 and for you 9.5ers triple?
I haven't seen any extra time added for the checkpoint to clock in time.You know how it works at ups
index.jpg

Swanson

You only get paid for the exit time. Scan before going through gaurd shack and scan on other side. That's it. Unless it's some super trooper guard it will only be maybe a minute of extra time added to your time card.
Only have one reader in mine and its before you exit