California is a sorry excuse for a state

Mutineer

Would be interesting to take a poll asking homeless people in California what state they came from. Doesn't matter. Plenty would spin a yarn of fiction, anyways. But the truth is likely that many of them came from somewhere else.

A co-worker of mine is from Michigan. They moved to California because her husband was offered an attractive job. Suffice to say, they didn't take certain things into consideration. And the job wasn't as great as was represented. And they both thoroughly regret moving here and are trying to save enough money to move back. So they say. And I hope they do because she is not pleasant to work around. I once blundered into her and her husband arguing and gesturing very loudly with an employee in the return line of the local Walmart. They made quite a scene.

The homeless aside, California is chock full o' rich, white liberals (who live behind gated, guarded communities) and their pet Mexicans. Many of whom that built their homes, fences, and gates!

Hypocrisy and irony.

Last edited:

NC man

The irony is the liberals claim to be for the people . The homeless ,many of them ,have mental issues and get no treatment and also many are drug addicts too but the answer is not to get them off drugs but make sure they have pipes ,needles etc The Dems are not helping them at all.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The irony is the liberals claim to be for the people . The homeless ,many of them ,have mental issues and get no treatment and also many are drug addicts too but the answer is not to get them off drugs but make sure they have pipes ,needles etc The Dems are not helping them at all.
That’s because liberals have mental issues, too.

Mutineer

I also used to believe that drunks, druggies, and the mentally ill needed "help" in order to improve their situation. My experiences "helping" some of my troubled friends during my twenty-something years demonstrated otherwise. As a dog returns to it's vomit, a fool repeats his folly.

Through experience I learned that the vast majority of them can't be helped in any reasonable, long term meaningful way. There are those who simply do not abide in stability and prosperity.

They will destroy, defile, fumble, and fritter away any and every lucky or fortunate thing that happens to them. The old adage of "casting pearls at the feet of swine" comes to mind.

The only so-called solutions I have to this problem eventually lead to the very slippery slope of genocide.

Serenity is achieved as soon as one realizes that it is futile to introduce reason to the minds of unreasonable people.

NC man

true, had a friend growing up that became a meth addict. Finally kicked it but took years.as a country we need to better on mental illness I think though. If there is a God ,he or she has to be going , you humans have failed miserably.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It makes me laugh how much people talk about a state that they don't live in. I swear I couldn't even tell you guys what the capital of your state is probably but you all can tell me every law and mayor and former governor we've had for the last 20 years.
Because these stupid policies tend to spread with the people who are fleeing your state.