California is a sorry excuse for a state

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Where do you think you'd be without government? In our representative government, the majority, not some shadowy 'government,' votes for and makes the laws. It is your neighbors and friends who make the rules, and the benefits you get from living in this society must be worth the taxes or you would leave, unless constantly whining about the government satisfies you.
Bingo.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Where do you think you'd be without government? In our representative government, the majority, not some shadowy 'government,' votes for and makes the laws. It is your neighbors and friends who make the rules, and the benefits you get from living in this society must be worth the taxes or you would leave, unless constantly whining about the government satisfies you.
There are only 537 ELECTED officials in the Federal Government. Only a fool would believe that those elected officials are the sole origin of our laws. Yes, there is a government in the shadows that you are blissfully unaware of.

dmac1

There are only 537 ELECTED officials in the Federal Government. Only a fool would believe that those elected officials are the sole origin of our laws. Yes, there is a government in the shadows that you are blissfully unaware of.

Exactly the whining I was referring to.

dvalleyjim

dmac1 Your on crack. You should study history and the Constitution. The federal government is 20 trillion in debt, it's all encompassing, it has 90 trillion in unfunded liabilities (SSI, Medicair, medicaid, government pensions, etc.) When they confiscate your income, you and your family have less money to live on. Then they throw it down a black hole.

floridays

Exactly the whining I was referring to.
So you parade your ignorance. Ever heard of the EPA, Department of Education, and the many other Federal agencies? Didn't think so, they write thousands of administrative rules that have the same effect as statutory law. An elected representative has no idea or bearing on the rules that hold these administrative agencies push out unless prompted by an affected recipient of the rules. Check out the Federal Register. I'd give you a link, but it means more when one does their own diligence. Stick to what you do well.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I think he was the same guy who gave us a dissertation explaining that we should support high taxes because they force businesses to pay better and to invest more money into their companies. There's no known economic hypothesis (let alone law) to support such nonsense, but he was adamant about it.

And then we get a big tax cut and companies starting handing out bonuses, pumping up their internal investments, and giving raises. Go figure.

dmac1

I think he was the same guy who gave us a dissertation explaining that we should support high taxes because they force businesses to pay better and to invest more money into their companies. There's no known economic hypothesis (let alone law) to support such nonsense, but he was adamant about it.

And then we get a big tax cut and companies starting handing out bonuses, pumping up their internal investments, and giving raises. Go figure.

When tax rates are high, and people have the option to avoid the high rate by reinvesting income in a business, more money is invested. It was proven over decades as the economy boomed when the tax rate was as high as 90% on profit taken out of a business.

dmac1

Any of you whiners who cry about regulation, taxes, and big government have the power to put your money where your mouth is, but instead like to whine about it, and then don't likely even vote, or get involved personally. Easier to just whine like babies when you feel small and powerless.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
When tax rates are high, and people have the option to avoid the high rate by reinvesting income in a business, more money is invested. It was proven over decades as the economy boomed when the tax rate was as high as 90% on profit taken out of a business.
Source?

59 Dano

When tax rates are low, people have no need to avoid a high rate and are free to invest even more money into their businesses. It's being proven as we speak.

Not only does your theory make no sense, the highest marginal corporate tax rate dating back to 1909 never exceeded 53%.

59 Dano

Any of you whiners who cry about regulation, taxes, and big government have the power to put your money where your mouth is, but instead like to whine about it, and then don't likely even vote, or get involved personally. Easier to just whine like babies when you feel small and powerless.

Just because you enjoy the screwing doesn't mean that everyone else does.

59 Dano

hooch.jpg

vantexan

Don't know if that applied to business income but there was for awhile a top bracket of 90% on personal income. That kicked in on income above a very high amount. It didn't tax all income at 90%, just income above a certain threshold. And led to people doing things off books and stashing money overseas. The corporate rate at 35% led to using loopholes to protect money earned overseas by multinationals. What is happening now demonstrates given a chance to keep more of their profit great things can be done. Not exactly the picture of corporations that some like to paint.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Really? Look at the investment Apple and Exxon are making. Not great?
Small potatoes.
Look at the debt.
Look at the budget.
Cuckservatives like you said the tax cuts would be accompanied by spending cuts. They weren't. You said they would raise GDP, they aren't.

So no, I don't think fiscal irresponsibility is great.

vantexan

Small potatoes.
Look at the debt.
Look at the budget.
Cuckservatives like you said the tax cuts would be accompanied by spending cuts. They weren't. You said they would raise GDP, they aren't.

Oh yes, $350 Billion is nothing. No one should do anything in your estimation?

vantexan

Oh yes, $350 Billion is nothing. No one should do anything in your estimation?
Small potatoes.
Look at the debt.
Look at the budget.

And whatever happened to letting things unfold? I know your generation thinks you get everything by clicking a button but in real life things take time.