California

Babagounj

Strength through joy
having had that operation, as a child because some nut case in gov't or medicine said it was the right thing to do, I when asked today always vote against it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Using classrooms for political purposes...............(those 5 words are mine)

http://townhall.com/columnists/mary...ing_leftist_kool-aid_as_curriculum/page/full/

Oh NO!!! Dont say anything to students about gay people in politics! That will disturb them! We dont want them to know that gay people exist! Surely we dont want them to know that being gay isnt a death sentence!

Lets pretend that gay people dont exist and instead, teach in classrooms that god does.

You have it right moreluck.

peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There is absolutely no need to dig to find a scenario in history that involves a gay person just to have them included in the history book. You teach history as it's written and if someone is part of the story and they are gay, then they are already included. The cost of printing now books would be tremendous.

I can see it now......the last spike was driven into the rail tracks and that marked the railroad going completely across the country.......guess who raised the mules that hauled the gravel used by the railroad?? Some gay guy in MO. Is that really necessaey?? (MLK)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There is absolutely no need to dig to find a scenario in history that involves a gay person just to have them included in the history book. You teach history as it's written and if someone is part of the story and they are gay, then they are already included. The cost of printing now books would be tremendous.

I can see it now......the last spike was driven into the rail tracks and that marked the railroad going completely across the country.......guess who raised the mules that hauled the gravel used by the railroad?? Some gay guy in MO. Is that really necessaey?? (MLK)

Moreluck, i know youve been out of school since wooden desks, but books are printed every year. IN the next 10 years, there will be no text books as touch pads will be the order of the day. So dont worry your little head about costs, they are about to go down.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Moreluck, i know youve been out of school since wooden desks, but books are printed every year. IN the next 10 years, there will be no text books as touch pads will be the order of the day. So dont worry your little head about costs, they are about to go down.

Peace.
Then you must also know that CA. is one of the biggest orderers of books....the old fashioned kind, so what they are teaching will also be in the books heading to Omaha Nebraska and French Lick ,Indiana. I'm not so sure the mid section of the country will be so receptive of gay history!! (mlk)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Then you must also know that CA. is one of the biggest orderers of books....the old fashioned kind, so what they are teaching will also be in the books heading to Omaha Nebraska and French Lick ,Indiana. I'm not so sure the mid section of the country will be so receptive of gay history!! (mlk)

Are you saying there are NO gay people in Indiana and only in California? I guess only gay people are known in california, eh?

read this and see if your facts hold water:

http://www.theindychannel.com/politics/27360302/detail.html

Being Gay is not a curse. They are regular people living regular lives. They DESERVE to be recognized by our society and in our history books. There have been many gay people in our history going back to christ and the romans.

It amazes me how people like you want to discriminate against any other persons in todays day and age and can say it with a straight face.

Being gay may not be the right lifestyle for many americans, but for those who chose to live that lifestyle should be allowed to live like the rest of us. Children of gay parents need to learn about the positives of being a successful gay contributor to our society.

This doesnt mean it will turn children into being gay. I realize thats your underlying argument, but its silly. Look, you dont have any children near school age, so stay out of the mix. Your opinion doesnt matter as the youth of america have to move on to the next century expanding our societal acceptances and eliminate prejudices.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you read where I wrote that there are no gay people in Indiana? Of course you didn't. You think you're being cute and you are just being a pest. When you get into the mid-west, the people are not as accepting of alternate lifestyles as they are in CA.
I was raised in Ohio and didn't know there were gays 'til I was an adult.

I never said I was against gays.....like you twist my words around to say...................I'm talking about school books. Why would we rewrite history.....it's history, it hasn't changed, it's already over. Now, if in the future of history writing, you want to highlight some gays.....say Harvey Milk, then go for it.
As far as the present writings............"so it is written, so it shall be done"

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Did you read where I wrote that there are no gay people in Indiana? Of course you didn't. You think you're being cute and you are just being a pest. When you get into the mid-west, the people are not as accepting of alternate lifestyles as they are in CA.
I was raised in Ohio and didn't know there were gays 'til I was an adult.

I never said I was against gays.....like you twist my words around to say...................I'm talking about school books. Why would we rewrite history.....it's history, it hasn't changed, it's already over. Now, if in the future of history writing, you want to highlight some gays.....say Harvey Milk, then go for it.
As far as the present writings............"so it is written, so it shall be done"

I dont think you understand what you say on this board. Lets recap, you said:

"so what they are teaching will also be in the books heading to Omaha Nebraska and French Lick ,Indiana. I'm not so sure the mid section of the country will be so receptive of gay history!! "

Receptive? They passed a same sex marriage law. How could they NOT be receptive to the history if they are so ahead of you on acceptance that they passed a same sex law?

Maybe its YOU out of the LOOP, eh?

Im not twisting words, Im using your own.

You think Harvey Milk was the only famous gay person in california? Give me a break, are you this far out of the loop?

Why are you worried about it anyway? Leave the youth of this country to the ever so growing acceptance of all races, religions and creeds. This isnt the roaring 20's anymore and kids dont drop apples on teachers desks any longer.

Get over it.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
'"You think Harvey Milk was the only famous gay person in california? ....."

Are you serious with this question?? I used that as one example , so I don't know how you get that phrase from just one example.

Shouldn't you be watching the debate? You won't be able to discuss it intelligently if you don't watch it. What am I saying? You can't discuss anything intelligently anyway.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
'"You think Harvey Milk was the only famous gay person in california? ....."

Are you serious with this question?? I used that as one example , so I don't know how you get that phrase from just one example.

Shouldn't you be watching the debate? You won't be able to discuss it intelligently if you don't watch it. What am I saying? You can't discuss anything intelligently anyway.

Well, Harvey Milk was a long time ago, and I know thats where your from, so it stands to reason that you would use that example, vs lets say, Roy Ashburn?

Funny how you had to dig for a democrat deep in the barrel and skipped a more recent candidate for your post.

stock-vector-rainbow-peace-sign-with-hand-drawn-text-53199922.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member

moreluck

golden ticket member
Fear in California......................In the wake of Bin Laden's death, Radical Muslims are planning to go on a rampage in Southern California, killing anyone who is a legal US citizen.Police fear the death toll could be as high as 23.

We will keep you posted on future developments.