California

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There are public health issues all across the country. Red States blue States Democratic cities Republican cities all have problems.
You are exaggerating. Washington DC has a rat problem that they’re addressing and attacking. I have never once in my life heard of any of the rodent or flea borne diseases Dr. Drew mentioned being a problem there. Matter of fact, I’ve never even heard of anyone in DC contracting any of those illnesses.

You never see trash piled up in the streets unless it’s trash day or it’s snowed enough that trash trucks can’t get through. While I don’t agree with everything the DC government does, they are able to maintain the city well enough that the worst parts of the city are not even remotely close to what LA is dealing with now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You could transfer or if retire

You could transfer or if retired move to a lower taxed state. Moved from San Joaquin county to eastern Tennessee in April. Just one option of nine other best states to retire to.
I pay for the great weather and ignore the imbeciles. I've lived in Ohio, Utah, Idaho and Cali is paradise (at least where I live)
When choosing a retirement state......we eliminated all snow, high humidity, high heat.....Cali passed our test!!!

walk it off

I pay for the great weather and ignore the imbeciles. I've lived in Ohio, Utah, Idaho and Cali is paradise (at least where I live)
When choosing a retirement state......we eliminated all snow, high humidity, high heat.....Cali passed our test!!!
If you're away from the coast as I was the politics fade as do the big city problems (needles, human waste, homeless, etc.).High taxes, plastic bag charge, recycle fees on almost everything you purchase, high gas costs plus deducting 25% from pension and SSDI to avoid owing for tax time. Btw humidity isn't as bad in eastern TN as the central or western areas.

floridays

you don't live in the southeast.
You are wrong.
Have you ever resided anywhere other than California?
You have no idea how many in the rest of the country despise your states current politics and debauchery,
not to mention the gang culture idiots in your metro areas promote.
Travel outside of your small cocoon sometime.

542thruNthru

you don't live in the southeast.
You are wrong.
Have you ever resided anywhere other than California?
You have no idea how many in the rest of the country despise your states current politics and debauchery,
not to mention the gang culture idiots in your metro areas promote.
Travel outside of your small cocoon sometime.

Resided out side of California? I've been to the border of California many times but what I saw was too horrifying!
giphy-19.gif

Damn you @Indecisi0n for bringing me here!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you're away from the coast as I was the politics fade as do the big city problems (needles, human waste, homeless, etc.).High taxes, plastic bag charge, recycle fees on almost everything you purchase, high gas costs plus deducting 25% from pension and SSDI to avoid owing for tax time. Btw humidity isn't as bad in eastern TN as the central or western areas.
I grew up in Ohio and anything above 50% is high humidity to me. Utah was like 7%....too dry