California

rod

Retired 22 years
Actually Hell is better than the Mojave Desert!!!
Great gramma Rod live most of her life (from in her 30's to 102) in Ridgecrest, Ca. right on the edge of the Mojave Desert in a 40's style trailer house cooled only by a swamp cooler. She loved the heat.

rod

Retired 22 years
Florida is only nice about 4 months out of the year. Otherwise you sweat like a horse and could get zapped by lightning. And lots of bugs.
My older brother moved to Florida one fall and planned on making it his permanent state. After spending one whole hot muggy summer there he said that was enough and moved back to Mn. .

rod

Retired 22 years
That's one good thing about Minnesota's brutal winters --it tends to keep most of the riff raff out. Not all of it but most anyway.

vantexan

My older brother moved to Florida one fall and planned on making it his permanent state. After spending one whole hot muggy summer there he said that was enough and moved back to Mn. .
I grew up in Florida. Didn't know the whole world wasn't like it until 20 years old. Was in Minneapolis area recently. Nice place. But also recently fell for West Virginia. Almost heaven.

rod

Retired 22 years
I grew up in Florida. Didn't know the whole world wasn't like it until 20 years old. Was in Minneapolis area recently. Nice place. But also recently fell for West Virginia. Almost heaven.

I've been in just about every state and they all have things going for them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Great gramma Rod live most of her life (from in her 30's to 102) in Ridgecrest, Ca. right on the edge of the Mojave Desert in a 40's style trailer house cooled only by a swamp cooler. She loved the heat.
We had a swamp cooler in Sandy Utah......they work in low humidity.

vantexan

Until 20 years old? What is wrong with education in Florida?
They have liberals teaching nonsense. Yes, I knew it got really cold up north. We had millions of snowbirds every winter that attested to that. I had never experienced a cool morning in April until I went to school in Tennessee. Have seen it 95F at 7 a.m. in March in Florida. And the real revelation was going out west and feeling the dry air. If it wasn't so expensive we'd retire out there. West Virginia has really gotten hammered economically but there are still very nice towns there. Can get a decent house for less than $80k in a lot of places. Considerably less in some. And the scenery is great.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Pictures from downtown LA capture the problem it faces with trash as it tries and rodents | Daily Mail Online

• Images from the downtown area show trash piling up as workers struggle to keep the area sanitized
  • Rows and rows of tents line the sidewalks of Skid Row in the sprawling 50-block area, home to around 4,200
  • On Thursday it was revealed a Los Angeles police detective has been diagnosed with typhoid fever
  • At least five other officers are also showing symptoms and their division polices downtown LA
  • Dustin DeRollo, a union spokesman, said cops who patrol Skid Row 'walk through the feces, urine and trash'
  • In an op ed for The LA Times reporter Steve Lopez called it 'the collapse of a city that's lost control'

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Pictures from downtown LA capture the problem it faces with trash as it tries and rodents | Daily Mail Online

• Images from the downtown area show trash piling up as workers struggle to keep the area sanitized
  • Rows and rows of tents line the sidewalks of Skid Row in the sprawling 50-block area, home to around 4,200
  • On Thursday it was revealed a Los Angeles police detective has been diagnosed with typhoid fever
  • At least five other officers are also showing symptoms and their division polices downtown LA
  • Dustin DeRollo, a union spokesman, said cops who patrol Skid Row 'walk through the feces, urine and trash'
  • In an op ed for The LA Times reporter Steve Lopez called it 'the collapse of a city that's lost control'

Meanwhile at the Los Angeles mayor’s office...

76A90B4D-0EFF-4177-86E9-D156783239DD.gif

Non sequitur

S-it hole country
shyt hole country

vantexan

There are public health issues all across the country. Red States blue States Democratic cities Republican cities all have problems.
I can honestly say after driving today into California on I-8 then up I-15 to Ontario that I can see why Makaveli defends his state so ardently. L.A. and San Francisco might have their problems, but what I saw was beautiful. Can't afford it, the traffic is too heavy for me, but I can see what all the fuss is about. I've been up and down I-5 alot, in and out on I-10 and I-40, but that stretch on I-8 from Alpine to El Cajon is something else.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can honestly say after driving today into California on I-8 then up I-15 to Ontario that I can see why Makaveli defends his state so ardently. L.A. and San Francisco might have their problems, but what I saw was beautiful. Can't afford it, the traffic is too heavy for me, but I can see what all the fuss is about. I've been up and down I-5 alot, in and out on I-10 and I-40, but that stretch on I-8 from Alpine to El Cajon is something else.
The weather and Cajon pass always dictates our Vegas drive......