Call tags

OKLABob

I had a lady last week when try to hand me her returns in a Walmart sack. What are some of the things you guys have experienced when picking up items?

OKLABob

Being expected to uninstall and pack Dish Network equipmint...

A recliner wrapped in cardboard...

Numerous duct-taped boxes....
That is hilarious I try not to laugh when I see things like this but sometimes I can’t help it. I’ve been handed several opened packages and they expect me to tape them up for them lol.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Pulled up to a guys house once that called in for a one time pick up. Outside his door was a smaller central heat and air unit that he has done a miserable job trying to shrink wrap and box. Told him no way would I pick that up and put in my package car. He called in on me and supervisor went there and told him the same thing.

JustDeliverIt

Had a call tag for a recliner bought from Amazon. Was shipped with the back off inside a box, had delivered it a few days earlier. Guy tells me yeah, I have it right here. Slides the assembled chair to the doorway, not boxed, and slaps the tag on the back and says here you go. I just said sorry, can't take it unless it's boxed. He said he threw it out, doesn't have one. Sorry, have to talk to Amazon. Have a great day.

Mycow

Had a few X returns. X means exchange on board screen. The first one I ever had was a breathing machine it was still hooked up to this old lady. The machine was by the front door the tubing was going through the wall to her room. grandkids open the door and told me to reach in and unplug it and exchange it. I did not and after a call to center I not ready 1 the exchange.

A quick edit the grandkids were like 8ish

Last edited:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I had a lady last week when try to hand me her returns in a Walmart sack. What are some of the things you guys have experienced when picking up items?
Had an elderly man try & return an 80 lb wooden coffee table with no packaging.. told him sorry sir, it needs to be re-boxed & I don’t carry that stuff on me. he wanted me to just slap the call tag on the table & ship as is. I go sure,! But it’s gonna be saw dust by the time it gets back to Walmart..

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Had a few X returns. X means exchange on board screen. The first one I ever had was a breathing machine it was still hooked up to this old lady. The machine was by the front door the tubing was going through the wall to her room. grandkids open the door and told me to reach in and unplug it and exchange it. I did not and after a call to center I not ready 1 the exchange.

A quick edit the grandkids were like 8ish
uh, that's a special contract UPS has with that company.
you're supposed to open the box you're delivering and change out the battery, put the old one in the box and put the return label on it and take it with you.

it's a real bitch but it's your job

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
you're supposed to open the box you're delivering and change out the battery, put the old one in the box and put the return label on it and take it with you.

Whoa there partner!

Who's overly zealous over reaching behind set this up? I am neither a respiratory therapist not a caregiver.
Only about a 1000 things that could go wrong there.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Whoa there partner!

Who's overly zealous over reaching behind set this up? I am neither a respiratory therapist not a caregiver.
Only about a 1000 things that could go wrong there.
Ok friend, no complaints from me. I say let their oxygen machine batteries fail, we can solve the social security funding shortfall in no time.

MrBates

I had a woman who put a disassembled coffee table into a large garbage bag. I could see the corners starting to rip thru the bag. She got so pissed when I told her it had to be boxed up, but then understood why when I explained to her that pieces of that table would probably scatter throughout our hub once it hits our belt.

I thought to myself that she was definitely much hotter when she was all mad and fired up.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

What is the time allowances for that procedure?
We aren't trained medical device battery replacement technicians.

Mycow

Still not going inside to unplug it and exchange. I can wait for them to bring it out not about to unplug a breathing machine even if it is just a battery supply and the machine is charged

Dumbperson

How about one that was not folded in half people are crazy
Middle of Peak showed up to a house with an RS3 tag. Mattress. Ni1 that no answer. Next day, mattress sitting on the front steps. NR2 with a note that says “this needs to be packaged.” Third day the guy came out and yelled at me “Mattress is ruined now bc you didn’t pick it up.” I said “No it’s ruined bc you left it outside uncovered during a slush storm. And I still can’t take it bc it’s not packaged.” He called me a sonofabitch. I hate people.