Call tags

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Middle of Peak showed up to a house with an RS3 tag. Mattress. Ni1 that no answer. Next day, mattress sitting on the front steps. NR2 with a note that says “this needs to be packaged.” Third day the guy came out and yelled at me “Mattress is ruined now bc you didn’t pick it up.” I said “No it’s ruined bc you left it outside uncovered during a slush storm. And I still can’t take it bc it’s not packaged.” He called me a sonofabitch. I hate people.
Used to have a pic of 9 info notices I left on a door in consecutive days for Dish. I’m starting to think it’s a scam at this point
Another solid one was a call tag for medical devices (not the one we swap) where a Chinese immigrant mumbled when he opened the door and I couldn’t understand what he said, he leaves and comes back 90 secs later with tubing and a bladder with a sickly colored liquid in it (like infected puss but more translucent) and I just said “dooooooood I am not touching that, you gotta box that up man”

Sure.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had a call tag for a recliner bought from Amazon. Was shipped with the back off inside a box, had delivered it a few days earlier. Guy tells me yeah, I have it right here. Slides the assembled chair to the doorway, not boxed, and slaps the tag on the back and says here you go. I just said sorry, can't take it unless it's boxed. He said he threw it out, doesn't have one. Sorry, have to talk to Amazon. Have a great day.
I just delivered a recliner today was supposed to be my next to last stop. I made it my second stop

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I was delivering a very rural route (over 200 miles) about 25 years ago out of a tiny P400. Got to work and what’s in my car, not 1 but 2 sleep number beds. What’s worse is they are towards the end of the route with no way to detour and get them off early.

Finally deliver the beds and get to work the next day only to discover a one time pick up to go and pick them up. Seems they had ordered them for their kids and instead of just sending them to the kids house, they had them sent to their house. At least I had the package car empty on the pickup side.

Utility81

Couple weeks ago someone tried to get me to take a mattress that was just folded in half and taped.
I tried returning a memory foam bed once. Tried using a shop vac to shrink it but it didn’t work. Finally folded it in half, jammed it in a box and taped it together with 2 rolls of tape. Took it to the UPS store because from past experience, they will accept anything.

Utility81

I had a lady last week when try to hand me her returns in a Walmart sack. What are some of the things you guys have experienced when picking up items?
A guy was trying to return a filing cabinet to amazon. Didn’t have his original box it came in. He was a nice guy and helped me with it so I just taped the drawers shut and stuck the label to it.

numberonedriver

Went to pick up dish and the lady comes out with the box and as she's about to hand it to me a bunch of cockroaches start coming out the box. Sorry but I'm not taking that. Had another guy try to get me to take a full size arcade game told him call ups freight.