Called in sick. Was harrassed 3 hours later.

M

MenInBrown

Or answer the phone and next time lay into that manager with everything you've ever wanted to say to a person.

Call me on my personal phone on my personal time and think you can talk to me like you're my boss. I know one thing he'll hang up on me before I will him. :)
Done this plenty of times.

JL 0513

It's why I turn 5 sick days into the extra week of vacation every year. Eliminates all the hassle of taking time off. I've always found it interesting that the company gives you sick days only to be harassed when you use them.

OP, just remember to show up to work when you come down with Covid 19 and pay this sup a visit.

bbsam

Staff member
Working preload. We start at 4am. Decided to call off and got in touch with the office and a part time sup at 2:18 am after trying after 1/2 an hour trying to reach them. Told them I needed to use a sick day. boom. Went back to sleep.

Get a call at 5am from a full time sup telling me "I didn't sound sick" and I needed to come in or I would be suspended and that they didnt get the call for a sick day.

My sole response was "just make sure I get paid for my sick day, I told supX at 218am that I was going to be sick" then I hanged up.

Im worried now.

I really need management to stop harassing me. Would it be a waste of time going EEOC after my grievance? What steps should I take to best defend myself?
You big baby. Take the silly suspension and get to bed earlier next time.

SameRightsForAll

Oh yes they do. We had 19 call ins the other day on preload.

Maybe one day somebody with a soul will look back and make note of how the company treated its workers during the pandemic. They're not even paying for all the days you might be quarantined or in the hospital with the disease. It's something like 10 business days yet the virus can shut you down for 2-6 weeks. Amazing, isn't it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe one day somebody with a soul will look back and make note of how the company treated its workers during the pandemic. They're not even paying for all the days you might be quarantined or in the hospital with the disease. It's something like 10 business days yet the virus can shut you down for 2-6 weeks. Amazing, isn't it?

You want 6 weeks of pay for basically sitting at home?? There is a word for that-----unemployment. 10 day paid leave is more than adequate.